BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
51 Pages V  « < 40 41 42 43 44 > »   
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> Coronation Street
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post 27th October 2020, 12:50 PM
Post #821
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Thank GOD for this recast for Summer, she had to have been one of the absolute worst actresses in the show which is no mean feat laugh.gif

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coronation...-harriet-bibby/
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 27th October 2020, 02:57 PM
Post #822
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116

I didn’t mind original Summer but I’m not too surprised at the recast news! With the upcoming teen story it’s possible they might’ve wanted an actress who’s more mature. I wonder if she’ll have a personality transplant upon arrival laugh.gif

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 27th October 2020, 04:29 PM
Post #823
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 53

Please Corrie hurry up and finish the sick child storyline. We're all bored stiff already.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 27th October 2020, 10:38 PM
Post #824
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

The Oliver storyline is awful and needs to conclude rapidly.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 27th October 2020, 11:30 PM
Post #825
Group icon
Jord

Oliver’s story has a few issues for me id say they main one however is What is actually wrong with him? If they’re trying to raise awareness of a particular issue then please why didn’t they rapidly start showing signs of Oliver having bad health or pick up on some things. It was very much he has one seizure and then that’s it almost immediately he gets this diagnosis but it’s not really clear exactly what it is what’s actually wrong with Oliver. They didn’t really focus a lot on that aspect.

I’d also argue that Simons been missing from this too like where is he.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 28th October 2020, 12:34 AM
Post #826
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

They have provided very little information on the symptoms of the disease and made the storyline very little about it and more about Leanne challenging all the medical experts.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 28th October 2020, 01:10 AM
Post #827
Group icon
Jord

Leanne’s had the same script for about a month tbh. She says the same thing to the consultant every episode she’s in. huh.gif

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 28th October 2020, 10:52 AM
Post #828
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

It's caused seizures in Oliver, no? It's been mentioned a lot! I assume they've not shown it so much because they've tried to minimise the amount of child actors on set since filming resumed.

I think the Oliver storyline is good but Leanne is annoying me. It's the complete refusal to listen to the experts and the constant storming out of meetings with the doctor...! Never thought I'd be liking Nick more than Leanne laugh.gif

I'm quite enjoying the show on the whole though, I think it's been consistent for a while now and it's definitely the soap I enjoy the most right now.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 28th October 2020, 08:00 PM
Post #829
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Yeah he had seizures, he had a bad one I think that just caused so much damage that he's only alive because of life support now, seizures can do that, I assume he's had so much brain damage or death of cells that he just can't keep himself alive now that there's no chance of recovery.

My issue is as said it's like you're watching the same episode again and again, the storyline is going nowhere with no progression, for either the storyline itself or the characters involved really. Leanne says the same things, nobody really challenges her, everyone else is just kind of there, the only thing really is Nick's son which was a "twist" you saw coming a mile off as soon as we knew that Natasha was coming back laugh.gif It's just dragging it out for the sake of dragging it out, I wouldn't mind if it wasn't shown much in between the things actually happening, but it fills so much of an episode just going round in the same circles. A child dying isn't done very often in soap, it should be a career defining performance for Jane Danson and a heartbreaking story, but I find myself hating Leanne and wishing the story would be over asap.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 28th October 2020, 09:36 PM
Post #830
Group icon
Jord

I wonder how different the story would’ve been if corona didn’t exist and if that’s partly to blame for it not hitting us the way it’s supposed to.

Sean getting more screen time now as well due to his son being back cry.gif I know he will never ever leave because for some reason the producers think he’s much loved but ffs. he’s the worst representation of a gay character I’ve ever seen in any TV show ever. There’s no point to his character either like for someone who’s been on the show for the best part of 20 years what stories has he actually had (I mean you could also say that for characters like Kirk as well) but Sean’s just so dated and cliche like a stereotype of a character. I hate it when he’s pushed more to the forefront of the show and having his son back I’m fearing that they’re gonna kill off Violet off screen just to give Sean a story.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 29th October 2020, 12:00 AM
Post #831
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

Jenny is brilliant I always enjoy her scenes.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 29th October 2020, 08:33 AM
Post #832
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(jlj @ Oct 28 2020, 09:36 PM) *
I wonder how different the story would’ve been if corona didn’t exist and if that’s partly to blame for it not hitting us the way it’s supposed to.

Sean getting more screen time now as well due to his son being back cry.gif I know he will never ever leave because for some reason the producers think he’s much loved but ffs. he’s the worst representation of a gay character I’ve ever seen in any TV show ever. There’s no point to his character either like for someone who’s been on the show for the best part of 20 years what stories has he actually had (I mean you could also say that for characters like Kirk as well) but Sean’s just so dated and cliche like a stereotype of a character. I hate it when he’s pushed more to the forefront of the show and having his son back I’m fearing that they’re gonna kill off Violet off screen just to give Sean a story.

In any poll which is done asking which characters should be got rid of, Sean is miles ahead of anyone else, with Izzy usually second. Spot on. I'd agree with those and nothing to do with him being gay or her disabled. They just don't add a lot to it, don't get big storylines and aren't good actors. Apparently Sean's not nice in real life either. If you dare say he can't act you'll get a load of expletives. rolleyes.gif

+Quote this post
pippa
post 29th October 2020, 10:38 PM
Post #833
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Sean would be the first I would axe.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 30th October 2020, 08:38 AM
Post #834
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(pippa @ Oct 29 2020, 10:38 PM) *
Sean would be the first I would axe.

They say he's safe for life if he wants it but God knows why. sad.gif

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 30th October 2020, 12:13 PM
Post #835
Group icon
Jord

It’s always strange with Sean I don’t know if he’s popular with the general public but across Twitter, and tv forums he’s one of the most universally disliked characters on TV laugh.gif

The show in general needs a cast clear out though. They say it’s the soap you never leave but it’s also the soap what over half the cast have been in for yeses without having a single storyline.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 30th October 2020, 02:59 PM
Post #836
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(jlj @ Oct 30 2020, 12:13 PM) *
It’s always strange with Sean I don’t know if he’s popular with the general public but across Twitter, and tv forums he’s one of the most universally disliked characters on TV laugh.gif

Rumours are that he's got some dirt on ITV or another cast member or executive so they daren't sack him. ohmy.gif

This post has been edited by Sixth Sense: 30th October 2020, 03:02 PM

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 30th October 2020, 03:05 PM
Post #837
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030

The actors got some powerful contacts also..

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 30th October 2020, 03:08 PM
Post #838
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(dannjohn @ Oct 30 2020, 03:05 PM) *
The actors got some powerful contacts also..

Yes that's true.

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 2nd November 2020, 08:55 PM
Post #839
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643

This whole Micheal and grace storyline, how are we meant to feel sympathy for Micheal after the way he treated grace? The whole victim is really an awful storyline

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 3rd November 2020, 03:02 PM
Post #840
Group icon
Jord

I just wish Grace wasn’t pregnant. It was too predictable that they’d do that though.

I actually liked the initial twist they had where it was revealed she’d lied about being the mother of Tianna though.

+Quote this post

51 Pages V  « < 40 41 42 43 44 > » 
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 11:20 PM