BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
27 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Séyetana National Thread, shadow
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Iz 🌟
post Jan 28 2012, 09:38 AM
Post #21
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
Nightwish to represent Séyetana in Greenfroze

The semi line-up and entries for XLI were revealed last night, with Séyetana receiving a placing in the 2nd semi-final. This month sees Séyetana go towards a departure from their usual entries, and calling in a favourite act of the Séyetanian public, that of the Finnish symphonic band Nightwish. With the track 'Turn Loose The Mermaids' from their new album, Imaginaerum, they hope to gain further success this time, their 3rd outing to BJSC. Turn Loose The Mermaids has been described as a 'Celtic ballad', and we hope that many countries will make a discovery out of this, while also seeing a different side to Nightwish than that of Storytime, their first single from this album, which I knew most people were already familiar with.

Excerpt taken from Séyetanian Music Week:

The country's newly announced entry to the Buzzjack Song Contest, Turn Loose The Mermaids, the 2nd Séyetanian single from Imaginaerum, remains steady at #4 in the Top 50, however it sees a 20% sales increase week-on-week due to hype around the contest (69,324 sales this week). Other entries to the contest already released in Séyetana include FSR Rontvia's Prance Faris - Flares (#16, 17,234 sales), FYR Vojvodina's Le Kid - Human Behaviour (#27, 10,234 sales), Syndare's SoSo - Who's Gonna Love Me (2,435 sales, projected to enter the top 50 next week), along with 8 other entries (those of Numayania, Botanikka, ChrIsland, Fljótavík, Danaelanda, Caerfryddia, Ramrynia and Ojnoj). The rest of the XLI entries will be released in Séyetana presently, and several are expected to chart or re-chart. Turn Loose The Mermaids heads up a good week for Nightwish in the singles chart, as while 1st single Storytime drops out of the Top 10 for the first time since gaining #1 at the turn of the year, it does not register a sales drop and 3rd single (2nd single elsewhere in the world) The Crow, The Owl And The Dove moves up 25-20 (13,286 sales)

Quality journalism in every edition of SMW, eh?

The SBC plans to show the semi-finals at several times over the next week, where all entries will be considered on an even footing, no matter their previous success in Séyetana; only 5 entries have been in my chart yet, even though I've heard 11 of them, and a few of those discoveries were thanks to the person who sent it anyway. Besides, it's publicly voted for. happy.gif

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Feb 13 2012, 01:16 AM
Post #22
Group icon
Nightwish gave Séyetana their first top 10

There is much joy in Séyetana tonight as they gain their first top 10 in Greenfroze with 97 points, a new record for the country. Special thanks go to Caerfryddia and Kluminican Republic for giving Séyetana their 12s, and thanks also go to Eledan, FSR Rontvia, Ramrynia, Greenfroze, Zechonia, Unovia, Espen, Batidas, Persephonia, Budtar, Kopecka, FYR Vojvodina, Juranabaijan and Usfland for also giving Séyetana points.

Turn Loose The Mermaids has been my favourite entry so far, so it's excellent to see it make the top 10 and almost make it over 100 points. Likewise, it's excellent to see all the good tracks doing well, especially Dia Frampton wub.gif, and an excellent winner in Foxes, which I know I didn't vote for, but I certainly considered doing so, and it's great to see Dandy* win! biggrin.gif

(I have an entry for the next contest, really hope I can get there first into confirmation, because I don't know what I'd send if someone got in ahead of me)

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Feb 26 2012, 10:10 PM
Post #23
Group icon
Sing You Home - BJSC XLII

The Séyetanian entry for XLII has been unveiled. By popular demand from the Séyetanian public, we have sent Xenia from the US TV series 'The Voice'. With her midtempo track 'Sing You Home', we are looking for success in the contest again. The song has already achieved a peak of #11 on the official Séyetanian chart.

And yeah, that's it. Love the entry, but not in a writing mood tonight. I'm also in the process of overhauling the front page, that image showing up my previous entries is a placeholder for now. Because I'm lazy, I hadn't finished the job, but it will happen soon.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Mar 19 2012, 10:21 AM
Post #24
Group icon
Welcome to Flopsville

For the first time since joining BJSC, Séyetana have failed to better or equal their previous result as Project Xenataya pretty much fails. (Just as it was going so well mad.gif) Xenia narrowly qualified for the final, coming ahead of two wonderful entries, one which qualified, the other which didn't sad.gif, and thanks must go to all who voted her through, particularly Juranabaijan for the 12.

However, once Xenia got to the final, it was all downhill from there as we failed to get into the top 20 at all during the night, eventually finishing rock bottom of the table. I suppose you could say I'm disappointed. Well, I am, it was one of my favourite entries, and it's never nice to see a song you really love end up bottom. Thanks to everyone who gave me points and kept me from embarassing myself even further.

As for commenting on the results, it was a mixed bag, the winner eventually received no points from me after gaining 7 points in the semis, but Séyetana favourite Laleh came third, and hosts Fljótavík came 7th, with help from our 8-pointer. Still, looking forward to going to Botanikka, with hopefully an amazing song (TBA).

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Apr 3 2012, 08:15 PM
Post #25
Group icon
Desperately searching for a happy ending

Séyetana XLIII is the first time I've resorted to a backup, so here it is. Shell Perris is a singer I've known about for ages, and since she has an absolute stomper of a track on her first album, Where Is My Happy Ending becomes my 7th entry.

Hopefully we can secure our 6th qualification in a row to join the final in Botanikka, but as BJSC followers know, nothing is certain and many a good track can get lost in the maelstrom of the semis.

Listen to Where Is My Happy Ending below (I'm getting better at this journalism biggrin.gif):

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Apr 24 2012, 05:41 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608
Just looked at the demographics of Seyetana and I'm very pleased to see that Ramrynians are the 3rd biggest nationality in your country! cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Apr 24 2012, 05:45 PM
Post #27
Group icon
QUOTE(Ryan741 @ Apr 24 2012, 06:41 PM) *
Just looked at the demographics of Seyetana and I'm very pleased to see that Ramrynians are the 3rd biggest nationality in your country! cheer.gif

Well I gotta find a way to explain all the big points they send my way kink.gif

(and my population do like returning the favour when they can when you send stunning pop songs like Katie and Carly)

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Apr 24 2012, 05:48 PM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Eyes @ Apr 24 2012, 06:45 PM) *
Well I gotta find a way to explain all the big points they send my way kink.gif

(and my population do like returning the favour when they can when you send stunning pop songs like Katie and Carly)

Haha! I guess so kink.gif

Glad you loved those two! I hope there will be some more to add to that list in the future!

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post May 6 2012, 06:59 PM
Post #29
Group icon
Poppy & The Jezebels for Séyetana in XLIV

After spending the last two contests propping up the leaderboard, Séyetana is being represented by Birmingham quartet Poppy & The Jezebels with their new single Sign In, Dream On, Drop Out. Currently touring across the UK to promote this single, it is hoped that this can return Séyetana to the upper half of the leaderboard. The track is very bright, optimistic and happy, in other words, perfect for a Séyetan entry, even more so because our last few entries have been distinctly pessimistic in subject.

Now let's hope we don't drop out at the semi stage and can make it 7 finals in a row.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Jun 5 2012, 08:05 PM
Post #30
Group icon
Ruby Frost to represent Séyetana in BJSC 45

After a few months of doing a little fishing from the pop-rock bucket and not being very successful, Séyetana have decided to enter Water To Ice, a indie-pop song by Kiwi singer Ruby Frost. Comparisons of her have been made to La Roux, Florence & The Machine and Queen Of Hearts, comparisons on her appearance to Amelia Lily.

Water To Ice has been very successful for me up to now and it's one of my favourite blog discoveries so far this year so I was rushing to confirm it. I hope it can do well for Séyetana and that y'all like it. biggrin.gif

In other news, I've added my flag and a map to the front page to make it look a little more pretty.

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Jun 5 2012, 08:37 PM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
WOW! I love your map!! wub.gif Ramrynia's got a little mention too cheer.gif

Your flag is great too, but I'd already seen that! kink.gif

+Quote this post
Brer
post Jun 5 2012, 09:34 PM
Post #32
Group icon
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
User: 8,300
'Water To Ice' is far better than your song from last contest. Hope it can save you from your recent streak of bottom third obscurity.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Jun 6 2012, 12:21 PM
Post #33
Group icon
Thanks Bré, I'm quite desperate to get out of that myself. I hope and think that I could get myself a top 10 this time round as it should appeal to a large range of people but we'll see.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Jul 3 2012, 09:43 PM
Post #34
Group icon
Time for something a little different

After we had some much needed middling success with Ruby Frost last contest, I've taken a risk and sent forward Swedish duo Years Away with their subtle ballad Starting Fires. The band put forward two songs to represent Séyetana, Starting Fires and the uptempo Eraserhead, but the committee decided that the crashing drums and emotion behind Starting Fires was a better fit for BJSC (I love this far more and I'm putting it forward to see how it does because it is stunning). Now we just have to hope we can survive the bloodbath that is a semi of 28 entries in Ingermanlandia.

Artists in allied nation Hendinia were very kind as to make official artwork for this campaign:

Take a listen to Starting Fires below:

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Aug 6 2012, 08:09 PM
Post #35
Group icon
It's a welcome back for Séyetana's icy gem

With a gap of just two contests since last representing Séyetana, Kiwi singer Ruby Frost is back with a second track hoping to take the BJSC by storm. Anyone looking for sheer inspiration from us this time, come back next month*. That's not to say Porcupine is uninspired, it's not a current single and is 8 months old by now, but it is an excellent song and so we hope it can be voted for on its own merits. After the excellent showcase in Flynt, the capital of host nation Aeroche, we realise nothing is certain and Ruby will be performing to reach the final first and foremost.

Word is Ruby is looking to outperform her original placing. "13th is a good position for me," she said in an interview, "but I have a passion to do well in this contest and so I hope Porcupine will be the song to do that. Its drop into a glorious chorus should hopefully appeal to voters across the BJSC world, but I'll just do my best on the night and hope that that is good enough."

*word is that new artists to the contest only will be considered for the XLVIII. Of course, this will all fall apart by XLIX as we return with Nightwish - lookin ahead.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Aug 7 2012, 12:03 PM
Post #36
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
Bignia-Zaragovina would like to wish Ruby all the best for the contest (with 'Water To Ice' still getting regular spins on local radio) but we will declare war if this lesser track beats 13th.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Sep 11 2012, 09:36 PM
Post #37
Group icon
Séyetana is stuck in love

Or something. Anyway, we have secured the services of super Swedish producers Dream Beats and new British band The F△ce to provide a (much delayed) representation for Séyetana in the upcoming BJSC contest. They are doing this with the incredible pop song Love Stuck, which has been a top 10 hit in Séyetana for the past 10 weeks, with 1 week at #1 during that time. The Council have high hopes for this entry, and so failure is now not an option.

Dream Beats have submitted an entry sung by Alcazar to this contest once before, however this is The F△ce's first appearance in this hallowed contest - a good mix of old and new. Pleasing progress has been made from the off with high opening odds and good predictions, success may reach Séyetana again. Watch this space.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Oct 12 2012, 10:15 AM
Post #38
Group icon
Just give me one more try

Our next assault on the BJSC world comes from new Swedish girl SEP, with her debut single that has drawn comparisons to Faye's notorious (in BJSC terms) song Water Against The Rocks already. I consider this a rather good thing. SEP is already receiving hype and hyperbole from the newly allied nation of Allecian - who, rumour has it, attempted to secure SEP's services for this contest, fortunately, she was already committed to serving Séyetan interests. biggrin.gif

Galaxy is a beautiful electro-ballad and our ambitions are high for it - although we have yet to listen to the competition, and we are not certain of support from those on the fringes of either the pop or indie sects. But I'll wipe the floor with you all regardless. happy.gif Unless I DNQ. Then someone is getting slain.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Oct 26 2012, 12:01 PM
Post #39
Group icon
Jubilation reigns throughout the country on its National Day (seriously, last time I'll mention it on here) as SEP brings home a very good result for Séyetana, on the edge of the top 10, equalling that of the nation's favourite entry Nightwish in XLI, even more so that it was again a tie on points with another nation, although this time Séyetana won the tie with Séyetan favoured PRoJ entry Take A Walk.
We received 3 12s from Allecian, Aquafina and Jarkangel a pleasing haul, and we are grateful for these and all other votes.

It also raises an interesting stat, all of my top 10s, and only those, have led the field at some point in the results. Eventually I'll win, it's coming.

As a nation we are remarkably pleased with the results, as all of Séyetana's top 3 were in the top 10 along with SEP, the nations favourite Skall coming 2nd and our 8 pointer to Fljótavík's Cerahtonia taking home the crown, the first winner voted for by us since Eledan's victory in XLIV.

Séyetana is now opening submissions for the search for its 50th entry. Many possibilities have already been considered and I am far from certain, although I have not yet even devised a comprehensive list.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Oct 28 2012, 03:28 PM
Post #40
Group icon
Séyetana develops replication technology

In a shock of Séyetan scientists doing something useful for once (and our journalists by posting a news report for once), we have solved our food problems once and for all by developing the technology to create it and other supplies out of pure energy. Production has increased across the country in a move that Queen Alexis Jordan has called 'inspirational'.
There is talk of how this will affect our relations with our allies, particularly Persephonia. Traditionally the alliance with Persephonia was originally created, many long years ago, due to the long border that both nations share and the vast majority of Séyetan farming being conducted in the Persephonian-adjacent District 11, where if it was lost we would be vulnerable. With no more need to farm the land due to the news today, intellectuals are arguing whether we should break alliances and/or leave Jubirdia. However, the Queen informs this news service that there are no current plans to disassociate the nation from Jubirdia and our new technology will only work to the advantage of the alliance.

In other, related news, Séyetana wishes to remain neutral in the split of Jubirdia that has spiralled out of control ever since Emperor Gikwang's gaffe - well documented in other news sources such as the Persephonian News Bulletin and DaeNews. Peacemakers and diplomats in Jubirdian embassies are currently receiving careful instructions on how to proceed. Extra aid has also been dispatched to Bellamia to continue to help their poor and needy.

+Quote this post

27 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:52 AM