BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Best Vocalist in Little Mix?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
blacksquare
post Nov 16 2020, 10:16 AM
Post #41
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471
Buzzjack: We shouldn't compare or try and rank them — they're all important and integral to the group
Also Buzzjack:

Perrie

Jade
Jesy
Leigh-Anne
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Billy.
post Nov 16 2020, 01:11 PM
Post #42
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 10,095
I love Petrie and don’t think she should be labelled as the screamer but I do think that her voice is the ‘coldest’ of the girls - it isn’t necessarily always pleasant to listen to IMO.

Also, I also don’t think there is anything wrong with ranking your preferences of the girls - if you’re not being mean and slaying them then I think everyone is going to have their faves

+Quote this post
Perriechu
post Nov 16 2020, 01:59 PM
Post #43
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 109,885
I know this isn't necessarily the Perrie's vocals discussion thread but I will just say that Perrie is FAR from being a "screamer" lol, her belts are actually very nicely supported for the most part, especially lately. Also it's hard to belt an F5 and above and not make it sound like it's a bit of shouting lol, after all belting is just controlled and healthy yelling. She knows her voice really well, especially in the Confetti era where she's taken a backseat in climax belts and let Jade and Leigh have a turn.

I also agree that as long as we're not being catty or vicious that comparing the girls' voices and ranking them isn't anything. It's also better than discussing Jesy's absence and going to town on the theories when we all know why she is absent if you followed anything she's been through in the last 9 years.

Agreed w/the sentiment that all four of them are essential to Little Mix, the posts of "leigh, jade and perrie sound way better without Jesy >>>" and the likes, are quite gross. Because if that was said about Leigh being absent or Jade, there would be an uproar. At any time there was a performance missed by the girls it was very obvious that the missing girl wasn't there to add what she brought.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Nov 16 2020, 03:22 PM
Post #44
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
Use this thread to talk about how you rank the girls vocals in the group biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
shadow2009
post Nov 16 2020, 03:36 PM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,059
Curious to see if there's any times where any of the girls have hit a bum note or anything? Had a Sarah Harding type moment? laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Billy.
post Nov 16 2020, 04:03 PM
Post #46
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 10,095
01. Jesy
02. Jade
03. Leigh Ann
04. Perrie

I’ve ranked it based on who I like to listen to, I find Perries voice extremely cold and not always pleasant to listen to whilst I love Jesys voice.

Leighann has improved, but she is still the weakest technically I think

+Quote this post
Perriechu
post Nov 16 2020, 04:30 PM
Post #47
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
QUOTE(shadow2009 @ Nov 16 2020, 03:36 PM) *
Curious to see if there's any times where any of the girls have hit a bum note or anything? Had a Sarah Harding type moment? laugh.gif

Leigh and Jesy have hit a few bum notes. There is specifically one from Leigh I remember on the DW tour in America, in Shout Out to My Ex she was doing her pre-chorus and she hit a really horrible note, I think that's the closest they've come to super dud notes. Jesy used to really struggle with the "you're really quite the MAAAAAAN" in SOTME too, but she stopped doing it after 0/3 attempts went right sad.gif Perrie on the Get Weird tour used to really struggle with her belts in Hair, Lightning and Change Your Life, to the point where the strain was very evident during Glory Days, but it's sounding so much better now, they all have top level musicality now so they know what to do if that's going to happen.

They sometimes go a bit flat/sharp without a lot of people noticing, because you have to have a strong ear to notice it, but this is usually due to their choreography and breath control, I don't think I've heard them sound bad or even "off" when singing a ballad / mid tempo. Jesy especially as her vibrato comes through really strong and sometimes changes the entire note she's singing so that's... something, but again, not bad.

+Quote this post
1hit1der
post Nov 16 2020, 04:40 PM
Post #48
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 26,719
So people are calling Perrie a screamer when she's usually given the highest parts that require belting lol

She had some subtle vocals in their "Falling" cover that provided great dynamics.

1. Perrie
2. Jade
3. Jesy (agree she has the most interesting tone / she's also learned to control her prominent vibrato)
4. Leigh Anne (has improved so much esp live - but her growl still feels forced and unnatural to me)

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Nov 16 2020, 04:42 PM
Post #49
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
For me:

Jade is the most consistently strong.

Leigh's tone is gorgeous and she's really, REALLY improved.

Perrie is technically the strongest, but I find her quite hit and miss with live vocals. But when she hits, there are very few who compare.

Jesy is an acquired taste and solo, I can only handle so much, but I feel she's a very integral part to their harmonies and the group moments.

+Quote this post
shindymindy
post Nov 16 2020, 05:06 PM
Post #50
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 2,021
For me it's:

Perrie - vocally, one of the strongest in the game at the moment. She doesn't scream, she belts. It's the notes she's given and her control is insane.
Jade - very versatile and overall a whole package
Jesy - acquired taste. She sings very well but it takes a while to get used to the way she sings
Leigh-Anne - I always thought she was the weakest vocally, but she has improved so much over the years. Most improved definitely.

+Quote this post
LMFan
post Nov 16 2020, 06:25 PM
Post #51
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 948
QUOTE(shindymindy @ Nov 16 2020, 05:06 PM) *
For me it's:

Perrie - vocally, one of the strongest in the game at the moment. She doesn't scream, she belts. It's the notes she's given and her control is insane.
Jade - very versatile and overall a whole package
Jesy - acquired taste. She sings very well but it takes a while to get used to the way she sings
Leigh-Anne - I always thought she was the weakest vocally, but she has improved so much over the years. Most improved definitely.

100% agree. I’d add that Leigh-Ann has quite a thin voice and by that she has range but it’s not as rich as Jade or Perrie. Jesy can sing very well and we see that in the likes of Secret Love Song but can be a bit much with the over use of vibrato that we see in the likes of Change Your Life.

+Quote this post
Perriechu
post Nov 17 2020, 01:25 PM
Post #52
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Leigh's voice is a strange one, because in the group she has the second strongest belting range. Her belts come out quite strong and have a lot of tonal quality and they actually sound quite healthily done. Most people expect Jade to be second but she tightens her throat too much when belting and Jesy lets out too much air (I don't think she likes belting either, Jesy's best qualities are her melismas and how seamlessly she moves through her registers)

Her voice, especially her head voice and falsetto are also quite thin, and they sound like they lack depth, which is why it's always strange to me that she gets given falsetto notes / head voice notes, I've never actually been "impressed" with her Touch acoustic note because to me it doesn't have the depth needed. I think Jesy would've done that part a lot better. Leigh does have a very nice darker lower range, and imo, she has a darker lower range than Jesy, but she always does mid-harmonies and Jesy always does low.

This post has been edited by jsweetxe: Nov 17 2020, 01:25 PM

+Quote this post
markivj
post Nov 17 2020, 04:57 PM
Post #53
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 78,351
By far, Jesy!

Worst is Perrie, she's like a low rent Ella Henderson

+Quote this post
tomwright123
post Nov 17 2020, 05:42 PM
Post #54
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 20,159
For me it’s always been:
Perrie
Jade
Jesy
Leigh

But I will say Jesy and Leigh are interchangeable, and the evolution of Leigh’s voice is by far the strongest

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post Nov 19 2020, 05:40 AM
Post #55
Group icon
I'm not asleep, my mind is alive.
Pronouns: she/her
User: 1,454
Perrie.

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:32 PM