BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

27 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Music Played By Humans: 27 November, Gary’s new solo studio album
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
jay727
post 11th October 2018, 05:03 PM
Post #61
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 12,273

Will do Milly smile.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 13th October 2018, 02:36 AM
Post #62
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

I'm a bit taken back by how Gary treated the others back in the 90s I never realised how in control he wanted to stay all the time and I am really shocked how little he felt about the group and the fans when he wanted the split,through his own admission he only ever saw the group in the original run as a stepping stone to his solo career,its only reading the book I can now understand why robbie did what he did.Food was and still is a massive problem for Gary uts dominated throughout the book so far and I'm only a third of the way through.

+Quote this post
milly
post 13th October 2018, 03:15 AM
Post #63
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 20,540

I'm pretty sure Gary exaggerates a lot when he puts himself down - that, plus the fact that a lot of his self-denigration is probably the result of what the others have told him, especially Robbie. I'm sure there's a seed of truth to that and that he made his mistakes - any talented young man would want to have his work appreciated and be the center of attention-, but Gary does tend to blame himself a lot nowadays. Plus, in My Take, some of the examples Gary gave kind of contradict the fact that he was selfish or didn't care about the others. For some reason, Robbie and, to some extent, the others as well, probably, have instilled in Gary a sense of guilt, trying to justify their own behavior. For me, nothing can excuse Robbie's conduct in the 90s. Out of all them, Gary's the one who stood up to Nigel, trying to defend one of another - Jason, Robbie etc.

As for him seeing the group just as a step in his career, that's perfectly normal. The group was formed very much like Pussycat Dolls, around and for Gary. He's always been honest about that. He treated the boys as his friends, but, when it came to the group, he was the only one who felt all the pressure -while the others were out partying or spending time with their family, he was busy making them more famous and successful. It's only natural that, at some point, he wanted to do music to his own taste and only for himself. And it's not like the others were too bothered about the group splitting.

+Quote this post
elisabeth1974
post 13th October 2018, 07:20 AM
Post #64
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 25,575

Many TT fans have a favourite within the group. It is like that with all groups I guess, especially boybands like they started out. But overall it is TT as a group we like either, some like them most as 5, 4 or even 3 piece. I remember Gary in his first height and how arrogant he came across to me. Then he had to be humble and ended in addiction, then there was the next height with TT, x-factor, OBE and there were againlittle humble words. If jason only wanted to do another album with Robbie says a lot. Then there was the next backslash especially the tax dodging, Now it is time for self accusation as it fitsbetter to be humble again.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 13th October 2018, 02:46 PM
Post #65
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

They would have all most likely played a part in Take That splitting first time round, and to be fair to them all, age changes everything, they were all young and naive the first time round and the years in the industry has shown them how fickle it all can be. I will never fully agree of how Robbie handled the whole backlash against Gary, it in too many ways went a step too far and i dont think that level of badness was ever in Gary, he may be career hungry but i dont ever get the vibe of badness of him where Robbie gave off that vibe for a long time along
with a huge level of self arrogance.
All of them have experienced the ups and downs of fame and its a nice story in many ways how they started out getting on, then fell apart and came full circle as they now all appear to be genuine friends where they weren't years go. The one thing i do like about the book is how Gary has explained the key roles they all play in the group, now its only the three of them its good that Mark and Howards roles are identified and i do agree Take That are one of the few bands that people who actually like them like them as a band rather than the individuals.
Back in the early days i always like Gary and Mark, Howard and Jason were middle of the road but i always found Robbie arrogant. Since they reformed Howard, Mark and Gary i always liked and Jason i was like he seems really nice but i was never convinced that he was needed in the band if that makes sense. From solo outings, i have always and still enjoy Garys solo music the most, Since I Saw You last is my favourite release from them as a group/solo since the Circus and i think its a far better album than Progress, Three and Wonderland.

Another surprise in the book was the importance of 8 Letters, Gary has said its the most important song on the album for all of them. Now i love the song but i would have thought the others wouldn't rank it as much as it was a very Gary solo sounding song but i was really happy to read the significance of the song in the book.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 19th October 2018, 12:37 PM
Post #66
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Well I have it fully read and it was interesting in parts but there is far far too much about food in it and felt he could have replaced some of this with more on the most recent 2 albums from take that and also since I saw u last.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 20th October 2018, 01:35 PM
Post #67
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

I am getting through it but have a long way to go to the finish.
He is touching on many topics but i feel he is only touching the surface on many aspects and not giving alot away.
I do agree about the food topic coming up in every chapter it is the main feature of the book in many aspects,

+Quote this post
Kath
post 20th October 2018, 05:16 PM
Post #68
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,980

QUOTE(Feel_The_Fever @ Oct 19 2018, 01:37 PM) *
Well I have it fully read and it was interesting in parts but there is far far too much about food in it and felt he could have replaced some of this with more on the most recent 2 albums from take that and also since I saw u last.

Maybe he's preparing the land for when he releases his cookery book.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 20th October 2018, 09:14 PM
Post #69
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

No I can't see that happening as he still doesn't have the handle on food he needs.Great to see you here kath.

+Quote this post
Kath
post 21st October 2018, 01:02 PM
Post #70
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,980

QUOTE(Feel_The_Fever @ Oct 20 2018, 10:14 PM) *
No I can't see that happening as he still doesn't have the handle on food he needs.Great to see you here kath.

Thanks Pete! OH died in April (and he'd been ill for a while before that) so I've not been online much. May pop in a bit more frequently (unless I die myself of course).

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 21st October 2018, 01:15 PM
Post #71
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Very sorry to hear that Kath,condolences to you and all the family.Im sure it has been a hard year for you.

+Quote this post
jay727
post 21st October 2018, 05:06 PM
Post #72
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

Kath, great to see you here too. My deepest condolences also.

+Quote this post
jay727
post 21st October 2018, 05:08 PM
Post #73
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

There’s a very interesting section about the way the charts have changed and how Gary went in to tell the label and management that they had to change their expectations of the band, considering streaming

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 21st October 2018, 05:49 PM
Post #74
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Ya, and he has said he knows chart success is prob a thing of the past for them in the singles chart,

+Quote this post
jay727
post 21st October 2018, 06:19 PM
Post #75
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

It’s reassuring to hear that he understands the challenge now though, rather than not (as some of us felt at times!)

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post 21st October 2018, 06:33 PM
Post #76
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,265

QUOTE(Kath @ Oct 21 2018, 02:02 PM) *
Thanks Pete! OH died in April (and he'd been ill for a while before that) so I've not been online much. May pop in a bit more frequently (unless I die myself of course).

I'm so sorry.

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 22nd October 2018, 05:44 AM
Post #77
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,135

QUOTE(Kath @ Oct 21 2018, 02:02 PM) *

Really sorry to hear about your husband Kath , a really hard time for all of you .

+Quote this post
pippa
post 22nd October 2018, 02:55 PM
Post #78
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I dont know you Kath but i am extremely sorry to hear this news.
Death is not an easy process and i wish you well.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 22nd October 2018, 10:23 PM
Post #79
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Another little surprise is Gary is an occasional smoker, I thought he had fully quit.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 23rd October 2018, 06:53 PM
Post #80
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Indeed, i was surprised by this too and his love for Marlboro Lights.

+Quote this post

27 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 04:27 AM