BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 'Sinister 2' | AUG '15, HE'S BACK!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post 7th June 2015, 12:56 AM
Post #1
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

The first film is genuinely one of my favourite horror movies of all time. It's easily one of the scariest films in recent years (along with 'The Conjuring' for me) so I am very looking forward to this sequel!

I'm avoiding trailers for the horror films that I am anticipating this year, as I think they give too much away nowadays!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
April
post 7th June 2015, 09:02 AM
Post #2
Group icon
changed the game with that digital drop
User: 11,905

Can't wait! cheer.gif The first was one of the best horror films of the recent times.

+Quote this post
Klumzee
post 7th June 2015, 01:33 PM
Post #3
Group icon
#TeamAnneMarie
User: 11,421

I can't wait to be absolutely terrified again, probably one of the scariest films I've ever seen!

+Quote this post
NellyEverySundae
post 21st August 2015, 10:07 PM
Post #4
Group icon
#TeamKrustyKrab
User: 20,675

Just come back from seeing this! I was a little disappointed by the movie. Baguul is as scary as ever and some of the scare sequences were very effective (Like Baguul appearing in the monitor reflection sequence - frightening as hell ). Other sequences were less than impressive (the majority not involving the primary antagonist) and they seemed to have been inspired by the first instalment and other films. The tapes, which made the first movie so terrifying, were not very well executed at all and were even borderline sadistic and unrealistic (reminiscent of the Final Destination series - ie, make the deaths as creative as possible). I actually think they took away from the movie than add to it. I'm not sure who thought a vinyl playing scary music should be played alongside the video, but that inclusion again made the film a little ridiculous.

The acting for me was quite mixed: The actors portraying the mother and the officer did great (well, as great as the script allowed them). The child actors didn't deliver anything but over-the-top acting. They kinda made the film a little funny which I'm sure wasn't intentional.

I have to give it to them, they did try to make the plot as different as possible to the first installment which I thought would be difficult considering the nature of the first movie which is good.

Again, what was great about the original film was the simplicity in the movie - very minimum special effects. I think there was too much emphasis on gore, specifically in the climax which I didn't think was needed. I much preferred the 'implied' gore in the first movie which had a much scarier effect.

Overall, it was a meh movie which had it's moments but I probably won't watch it again. (5/10)

+Quote this post
post 21st August 2015, 10:56 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

Crap

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 24th August 2015, 10:12 PM
Post #6
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Absolutely DREADFUL. I really don't get why they bothered with THIS as the sequel! huh.gif

Worst film I've seen this year so far and that's ANNOYING. I was hoping that the critics/reviews were wrong (as a lot of horrors get bad reviews but I love them), but nope. Even the video scenes (which were, again, the best parts) seemed quite lame and a bit "seriously?". It seemed like it was thrown together in 5 minutes and I am honestly peeved that this is what they decided to throw out there as the sequel to one of (imo obviously) the best and most terrifying horror movies in recent times.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 26th August 2015, 06:20 AM
Post #7
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

Let's start with the fact that I didn't particularly love any of the movies. I watched part 2 in the cinema and then part 1 the next day too. While I loved the no happy ending for the first family (which was obvious if you saw part 2 before it oops), the films from the second movie made me quite nauseated (the medieval rat torture <3 ) so there were elements to both I liked. Overall, they are just scary movies with an intensely terrifying villain.

+Quote this post
Botchia
post 26th August 2015, 09:47 PM
Post #8
Group icon
I Drink Wine
User: 21,753

This was way too over the top. They should have kept it simple like the first film. I don't mind the happy ending, it was the main substance of the film that annoyed me slightly. For example, the unnecessary music alongside the video. In the first film, the videos alone were very creepy, but the music made it very cringe.

+Quote this post
Simon.
post 2nd September 2015, 09:04 AM
Post #9
Group icon
Sugar Like Apple Pie
User: 126

This was bad, a lot more jumpy than the first film. Why wasn't the Mum like WTF when the shower curtain was going sick and all the objects in the room being thrown about, she was hiding as if it was normal?

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 11:35 PM