BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Once Upon a One More Time - Musical, An original story empowered by the hits of Britney Spears
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post 5th May 2017, 11:36 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Britney fans buckle up, because there’s set to be a musical all about the princess of pop.

That’s right, a Broadway production of the star’s music is headed to the big stage, if reports are to be believed, after the star completes her stint in Las Vegas. According to Forbes, the Everytime singer is ‘in talks’ with Broadway bosses to turn her music catalog into a theatrical production.

Britney’s Vegas stint is set to end in December. The 35-year-old and her management team have reportedly met with theatre veteran Jerry Mitchell – the man behind the phenomenon Kinky Boots – to discuss the plans. But any fans hoping for an autobiographical production – like the Lifetime biopic starring Natasha Bassett – sorry. The musical will focus on the music alone, apparently.

The musical mogul said: ‘It would NOT be autobiographical.’ Instead, the show is said to be stringing her songs together ala Mamma Mia and Abba. This would be the first time the pop princess would be treading the boards. Mum-of-two Britney is currently finishing her Vegas residency set to end in December. But could the princess of pop be heading to Broadway. The superstar’s publicist, Jeff Raymond, confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter the glitzy show will be finishing its run on December 31 at the Axis.
Britney’s time in Las Vegas however might not be coming to a complete standstill, with her manager Larry Rudolph recently discussing how the show could continue ‘conceivably anywhere’.
SOURCE: The Metro
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 5th May 2017, 11:37 PM
Post #2
Group icon

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

Really hoping this is a success if true! wub.gif An actual plot/story like 'Mamma Mia' would be beneficial. Nothing like that Spice Girls musical!

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 2nd December 2022, 03:26 PM
Post #3
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

ON BROADWAY SPRING 2023
Get tickets before the general public,
from Dec 2 at 10 AM to Dec 5 at 9:59 AM.
https://www.ticketmaster.com/once-upon-a-on.../artist/2953891

~~~~~

HERE THEY GO. ON THEIR OWN.
Oh baby baby, your favorite fairy-tale icons are flipping their scripts — empowered by the chart-topping hits of the undisputed Princess of Pop, Britney Spears.

“Happily ever after” will never be the same.

~~~~~

The new Britney Spears jukebox musical Once Upon A One More Time has finalized its Broadway plans: The production will begin previews Saturday, May 13, 2023, at the Marquis Theatre, with an opening night set for Thursday, June 22, 2023.

Featuring such Spears hits as “Oops I Did It Again,” “Lucky,” “Circus,” and “Toxic” the new musical is directed and choreographed by Keone & Mari Madrid, with an original story by Jon Hartmere that imagines what would happen to classic fairytale icons like Cinderella, Snow White, the Little Mermaid and others if a rogue fairy godmother dropped The Feminine Mystique into their corseted laps.

The production dates and venue were announced today by producers James L. Nederlander and Hunter Arnold. Casting was not announced.

The musical had its well-reviewed world premiere last year at Shakespeare Theatre Company in Washington, D.C.

The Broadway production’s creative team includes David Leveaux as Creative Consultant, Scenic Designer Anna Fleischle, Costume & Hair Designer Loren Elstein, Lighting Designer Kenneth Posner, Sound Designer Andrew Keister and Projection Designer Sven Ortel.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 4th December 2022, 10:50 PM
Post #4
Group icon

Didn't realise this was finalised and assumed it was just "in the works"! Exciting!!!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 27th March 2023, 01:29 AM
Post #5
Group icon

I feel like there's very little hype surrounding this. I hope it's a hit. I think her songs lend themselves VERY well to a musical story and for her songs to be remixed into musical theatre songs. '& Juliet' did stunning renditions of 'Baby One More Time', 'I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman' and 'Stronger'. So I'm intrigued about some others, particularly 'Lucky', 'Toxic' and 'Everytime'.

+Quote this post
London
post 29th March 2023, 10:26 PM
Post #6
Group icon
London Boy
User: 21,053

QUOTE(Tafty³³³ @ Mar 27 2023, 01:29 AM) *
I feel like there's very little hype surrounding this. I hope it's a hit. I think her songs lend themselves VERY well to a musical story and for her songs to be remixed into musical theatre songs. '& Juliet' did stunning renditions of 'Baby One More Time', 'I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman' and 'Stronger'. So I'm intrigued about some others, particularly 'Lucky', 'Toxic' and 'Everytime'.

And Juliet did those songs so well and Moulin Rouge did Toxic amazingly.

+Quote this post
London
post 29th March 2023, 10:30 PM
Post #7
Group icon
London Boy
User: 21,053

Hope it comes to London!! heart.gif

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 4th May 2023, 08:07 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030

i'm going to see this on May 30th!!! Can't wait!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 03:19 AM