BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
32 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > »   
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> US Election 2020 thread.
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Iz 🌟
post 23rd September 2019, 06:40 AM
Post #241
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

"I would really like to see antifascists humiliated and to not achieve their goals"

Come on now.

Sanders and Warren are making policies that would be popular with the majority of America if the messaging gets through. Maybe it will, maybe it won't, maybe the DNC will f*** it up and they won't be candidates. But I think if either is, then Trump's reelection would not be certain.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 23rd September 2019, 07:02 AM
Post #242
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 53

QUOTE(Izzy @ Sep 23 2019, 02:28 AM) *
Surely the poll is pointing towards the right candidate being Warren? Fair enough Sanders is one of the only candidates that takes some demographics from Trump, but he also has quite a high percentage of unfavourables.

Warren has low unfavourables, would be a good unity candidate, and I say that as despite running on nearly the same platform as Bernie I don't think she's seen to be anywhere near as ranting. She'd be the one to subtly push back the window without the moderates even realising it.

Of course, the Trump machine has been building their case against Biden so the only thing for certain is that he must not be the candidate. All they've got against Warren is "Pocahontas" and I don't think birth ancestry details are quite the gotcha that the American far-right thinks it is.

Yes I think it may just me Warren.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 23rd September 2019, 07:04 AM
Post #243
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Izzy @ Sep 23 2019, 07:40 AM) *
ajority of America if the messaging gets through. Maybe it will, maybe it won't, maybe the DNC will f*** it up and they won't be candidates. But I think if either is, then Trump's reelection would not be certain.

I don't think it's certain at all and am really worried for him because the US needs him for four more years. He's not a warmongerer, seems level-headed and the economy's doing well now. Fingers crossed.

This post has been edited by Common Sense: 23rd September 2019, 07:04 AM

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 23rd September 2019, 07:49 AM
Post #244
Group icon
Paul Hyett
User: 364

QUOTE(Izzy @ Sep 23 2019, 07:40 AM) *
"I would really like to see antifascists humiliated and to not achieve their goals"

Come on now.

I assume you deliberately ignored the clear indications that I wasn't being entirely serious?

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 23rd September 2019, 07:53 AM
Post #245
Group icon
Paul Hyett

QUOTE(Common Sense @ Sep 23 2019, 08:04 AM) *
I don't think it's certain at all and am really worried for him because the US needs him for four more years. He's not a warmongerer, seems level-headed and the economy's doing well now. Fingers crossed.

I doubt many of the 'progressives' here will agree with you, though... wink.gif

But in my experience, voters will forgive/ignore a *lot*, as long as the economy is doing well.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 23rd September 2019, 09:42 AM
Post #246
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

QUOTE(Common Sense @ Sep 23 2019, 08:04 AM) *

"Seems level-headed". laugh.gif

I don't know what kind of warped alternate reality you exist in.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 23rd September 2019, 10:02 AM
Post #247
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

QUOTE(Izzy @ Sep 23 2019, 02:28 AM) *
Surely the poll is pointing towards the right candidate being Warren? Fair enough Sanders is one of the only candidates that takes some demographics from Trump, but he also has quite a high percentage of unfavourables.

Warren has low unfavourables, would be a good unity candidate, and I say that as despite running on nearly the same platform as Bernie I don't think she's seen to be anywhere near as ranting. She'd be the one to subtly push back the window without the moderates even realising it.

Of course, the Trump machine has been building their case against Biden so the only thing for certain is that he must not be the candidate. All they've got against Warren is "Pocahontas" and I don't think birth ancestry details are quite the gotcha that the American far-right thinks it is.

Warren is by far the weaker candidate. She falls into thr margin fo error v Trump and he will drum up ridiculous amounts of hate and no of memes with Pocahontas etc.

Also trump's economy is pn the verge of major recession. It is Obama's eocnomy that it takes a true idiot to do that to. The economy is doing well only for the rich ... not for the rest ... thanks to his tax cuts for his rich pals.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 23rd September 2019, 10:33 AM
Post #248
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

It's not got quite the same ring as "Crooked Hillary". And that is important, it wasn't just the constant attacks, but that it painted her as a corrupt pawn of 'the establishment'. He'll look like a blustering fool if that's his only tactic. Not that it's stopped him so far but have you seen her in action? She's inspiring, the sort of candidate that can coax people into voting for her, and as much as Sanders has exceeded my expectations so far, I think he's slightly behind her.

Trump IS a warmonger, deep in the pocket of Saudi Arabia, and he's only just getting lucky with a good economy. If there's a crash or he starts an unpopular war that he thinks America will love (and yes, there is a possibility of him doing this with the recent troop deployments to Saudi Arabia, not an official 'America is at war with Iran' statement but sending troops for 'aid'), then all his base's rhetoric won't end up meaning a thing.

He'd obviously love to be at war and I think if it were only up to him America would already be so, but I reckon advisors and Chiefs of Staff know that such a war involving the Saudis would go down horribly with their reputation with international organisations so have been holding him back.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 23rd September 2019, 10:55 AM
Post #249
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Sep 23 2019, 06:19 AM) *
Might be worth it, just to see the look on Liberal/SJW/Antifa etc faces... laugh.gif

Seriously though, the Left seriously underestimated Middle America in 2016, and they appear not to have learned their lessons since then, either...

Are you f***ing for real?! Your posts are just getting more and more desperate, reflecting how desperate the right wing is getting.

Trump screamed and wailed pre-2012, thinking Obama was going to declare war on Iran to get reelected lol. The righr wing often panic over stuff like this as it is what THEY WOULD DO, and so they assume the left will do it too. Trump will be desperate for a war v Iran, or anyone else for thay matter, for reelection.

Warren is far more corporate bought than Sanders. That's why she is palatable to the Dem establishment. Of course, she is the second choice after Sanders, but Sanders is the far steonger candidate. He can win TEXAS!

He will use Pocahontas effectively, using it as to why she can't be trusted. The liberal Sanders supporters have also shown countless examples of how she is bought and can't be trusted. He will weaponise those by bringing them to the mainstream. She cannot beat Trump, just like Hillary couldn't, due to these pre'existing weak points. Same goes for Biden, but not AS much, as he appeals to similar demographics as Trump.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 23rd September 2019, 12:34 PM
Post #250
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

Does anyone seriously think someone as unhealthy and unpopular as Trump is going to make it into his 80s? You can't buy health no matter how wealthy - or definitely-not-bankrupt... - you are.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 23rd September 2019, 12:37 PM
Post #251
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

MAAASSSSIVE CORRUPTION!!

After benefitting from Russia AND EXPECTING TO BENEFIT FROM THEIR COLLUSION, see the Mueller report, Trump bargained with UKRAINE next. He demanded they investigate Biden in exchange for funding.

THIS IS WATERGATE BIG, COMMON SENSE.

Common sense, vidcapper and Trumpeteers will try and play it down and just ignore it. The age of ignorance, right wing corruption and plutocrats being above the law and accountability.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 23rd September 2019, 03:10 PM
Post #252
Group icon
Paul Hyett

QUOTE(TheJüpreme @ Sep 23 2019, 01:34 PM) *
Does anyone seriously think someone as unhealthy and unpopular as Trump is going to make it into his 80s? You can't buy health no matter how wealthy - or definitely-not-bankrupt... - you are.

Robert Mugabe proves that statement wrong...

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 23rd September 2019, 03:27 PM
Post #253
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

Any comment on the massive scandal or why you said you want anti-fascists to lose?? No? Okay.

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 23rd September 2019, 03:53 PM
Post #254
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

QUOTE(Algernon Monqueef @ Sep 23 2019, 11:55 AM) *
Are you f***ing for real?! Your posts are just getting more and more desperate, reflecting how desperate the right wing is getting.

Trump screamed and wailed pre-2012, thinking Obama was going to declare war on Iran to get reelected lol. The righr wing often panic over stuff like this as it is what THEY WOULD DO, and so they assume the left will do it too. Trump will be desperate for a war v Iran, or anyone else for thay matter, for reelection.

Warren is far more corporate bought than Sanders. That's why she is palatable to the Dem establishment. Of course, she is the second choice after Sanders, but Sanders is the far steonger candidate. He can win TEXAS!

He will use Pocahontas effectively, using it as to why she can't be trusted. The liberal Sanders supporters have also shown countless examples of how she is bought and can't be trusted. He will weaponise those by bringing them to the mainstream. She cannot beat Trump, just like Hillary couldn't, due to these pre'existing weak points. Same goes for Biden, but not AS much, as he appeals to similar demographics as Trump.

Sanders would be my ideal choice but I disagree with Warren unable to beat Trump. I think you're underestimating her momentum and how much genuine excitement there is for her and her campaign. She's offering a vision not too dissimilar to Bernie but perhaps in a more palatable way. They're both inspiring candidates with movements around them — ideal to combat apathy and win votes.

Trump and Pocahontas doesn't have as much bite as you think — Hillary had far more skeletons to exploit. As does Biden.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 23rd September 2019, 04:01 PM
Post #255
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

But Trump is terrified of Biden for a reason. He was even colluding eith a foreign power with him. Well, he did thay vs Hillary, so it is his m.o now. He got away with it once after all...

Imagine how unstoppable she would be with 4 yeaes as Bernie's VP and Bernie is the best csndidate to defeat Trump. She would have more of a Bernie paltform then too. It is a long term strategy. But I would looove her to be the first female president. She's bettee than Hillary, don't get me wrong, but now is Bernie's time. She can be vp and go after for an all but guaranteed win.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 23rd September 2019, 05:33 PM
Post #256
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Tawdry Hepburn @ Sep 23 2019, 10:42 AM) *
"Seems level-headed". laugh.gif

I don't know what kind of warped alternate reality you exist in.

Well he hasn't charged in and nuked Iran has he?

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 23rd September 2019, 05:43 PM
Post #257
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Algernon Monqueef @ Sep 23 2019, 05:01 PM) *
But Trump is terrified of Biden for a reason. He was even colluding eith a foreign power with him. Well, he did thay vs Hillary, so it is his m.o now. He got away with it once after all...

Imagine how unstoppable she would be with 4 yeaes as Bernie's VP and Bernie is the best csndidate to defeat Trump. She would have more of a Bernie paltform then too. It is a long term strategy. But I would looove her to be the first female president. She's bettee than Hillary, don't get me wrong, but now is Bernie's time. She can be vp and go after for an all but guaranteed win.

How do you know Bernie wouldn't stand for a second term if he was still healthy? He looks half-dead now though so Warren would probably become President as his VP when he dropped dead in office. Biden looks far fitter.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 23rd September 2019, 06:03 PM
Post #258
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

And yet Bernie is extremely fit and outpaces even new young senators. Whoops. Sorry sad.gif

Meanwhile bloated Trump is so unhealthy he had to pay off a doctor to lie and repeat Trump's words furing the campaign. That's bad.

Doubt he would go for 8 years, but he could if hr eanted to. Then that just means 16 years of Dems PLUS AoC's terms.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 23rd September 2019, 07:51 PM
Post #259
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

QUOTE(Common Sense @ Sep 23 2019, 06:43 PM) *
How do you know Bernie wouldn't stand for a second term if he was still healthy? He looks half-dead now though so Warren would probably become President as his VP when he dropped dead in office. Biden looks far fitter.

That's because Biden is your typical right wing democrat with his fake tan and whitened teeth with too many warm weather holidays while paying lip service to the poor!!

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 23rd September 2019, 08:29 PM
Post #260
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

New CNN/Des Moines Register poll in Iowa just out

Warren 22%
Biden 20%
Sanders 11%