BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
17 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Tortured Poets Department • 11th Album, 19th April | TS11 | Double Album (31 songs!!)
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post 19th April 2024, 07:43 PM
Post #241
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

The gaslighting and just general antagonising of a member or two in here laugh.gif

Anyway. Each track is really coming into it’s own for me now and I’m appreciating more and more.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 19th April 2024, 07:44 PM
Post #242
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

I listened earlier this afternoon and found myself drifting off as early as about track 4 and, whilst I tried to make myself concentrate on it again, there wasn't really any track that I found to be memorable - aside from the one with Florence but even that was more because of a different voice coming on rather than it necessarily being a really memorable song. It's odd because I quite like the vibe and this type of sound really ought to be more my thing that many of her other albums, but it really didn't stick at all. I will try it again at some point to see if anything grows and maybe I'll be able to make a single disc length version of it, but on initial impressions I fear this one is going to be a miss for me this time around.

I think I'm going to wait and see which tracks people say grow a lot on them and maybe try to give those more attention.

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post 19th April 2024, 07:55 PM
Post #243
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030

After listening through a couple times, these are the 12 I really enjoyed/will be adding to my playlists:

"Fortnight (feat. Post Malone)"
"The Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toys"
"So Long, London"
"Fresh Out The Slammed"
"Florida!!! (feat. Florence + The Machine)"
"Guilty As Sin?"
"I Can Do It With A Broken Heart"
"The Smallest Man Whoever Lived"
"imgonnagetyouback"
"How Did It End?"
"So High School"
"thanK you aIMee"

Would've made a great shorter album. I prefer the first half to the second half.

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post 19th April 2024, 08:19 PM
Post #244
Group icon
I'm not asleep, my mind is alive.
Pronouns: she/her
User: 1,454

I read this on Facebook:

"According to Billboard, The Tortured Poets Department has become Spotify's most streamed album in a single day in 2024 so far, in less than 12 hours!"

+Quote this post
Calum
post 19th April 2024, 08:19 PM
Post #245
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

QUOTE(Tafty³³³ @ Apr 19 2024, 08:43 PM) *
The gaslighting and just general antagonising of a member or two in here laugh.gif

mathswoman.png

I was getting worried after reading some of the reviews and most of my Twitter feed being people complaining about the lyrical content of the album today, but I'm actually pleasantly surprised by most of it (even if it does seem like she's trying to have herself a Lana moment ph34r.gif)

The first five songs absolutely could've been cut, and Fortnight being the single... is she ok? None of them grabbed me, but then it all kicked into gear with But Daddy I Love Him and the run from that to I Can Do It With a Broken Heart is great.

Hard agree with Davidson though re. the “I’m having a baby… no I’m not, but you should see your faces” lyric... any other artist and Twitter would be up in arms making light of pretending to be pregnant unsure.gif

Will give myself some time before delving into the second album, but on first listen while the first is far from being her best album it is really good.

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post 19th April 2024, 08:57 PM
Post #246
Group icon

The photos I have seen for this shoot are beautiful. wub.gif

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post 19th April 2024, 09:41 PM
Post #247
Group icon

Guests get surprised: https://www.today.com/video/today-surprises...rd-209325125567

+Quote this post
Lunar
post 19th April 2024, 10:13 PM
Post #248
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 73,703

Officially the most-streamed album in a day in Spotify history (taking the record from herself with Midnights!!)

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 19th April 2024, 10:41 PM
Post #249
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

I listened in two parts and found a lot to enjoy. It's sonically consistent, nothing stood out as bad at all and I can tell a lot of songs will grow on me. My favourites from each respective part were Who's Afraid of Little Old Me? and The Albatross. Fortnight is a good single choice too. I do think it's much too long though and I don't feel there's much of a need for two parts to this album. As much as I adore Taylor and she's one of my absolute fave artists, I'd love to see a "less is more" approach from her next album as it seems each project is getting longer and longer laugh.gif I know there's a concise, varied, consistently strong 16 track album in here...!!

+Quote this post
London
post 19th April 2024, 10:56 PM
Post #250
Group icon
London Boy
User: 21,053

QUOTE(Lunar @ Apr 19 2024, 11:13 PM) *
Officially the most-streamed album in a day in Spotify history (taking the record from herself with Midnights!!)

This is awesome. Queen heart.gif

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post 19th April 2024, 11:57 PM
Post #251
Group icon

I love Down Bad.

+Quote this post
JSG
post 20th April 2024, 03:57 AM
Post #252
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 18,473

QUOTE(JosephBoone @ Apr 19 2024, 11:41 PM) *
I listened in two parts and found a lot to enjoy. It's sonically consistent, nothing stood out as bad at all and I can tell a lot of songs will grow on me. My favourites from each respective part were Who's Afraid of Little Old Me? and The Albatross. Fortnight is a good single choice too. I do think it's much too long though and I don't feel there's much of a need for two parts to this album. As much as I adore Taylor and she's one of my absolute fave artists, I'd love to see a "less is more" approach from her next album as it seems each project is getting longer and longer laugh.gif I know there's a concise, varied, consistently strong 16 track album in here...!!

I 100% agree. No bad songs here, all very consistent. It's why I belive this album may be one that I keep coming back to. There's nothing slipworthy on the whole thing which is quite the achievement. As you also said though , nothing massively stands out which is strange from the perspective of her other albums.

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 20th April 2024, 04:47 AM
Post #253
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045

I think Who’s Afraid Of Little Old Me? is my highlight so far

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 20th April 2024, 05:41 AM
Post #254
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

I think this is where I’m at currently:

Masterpieces:
Who’s Afraid of Little Old Me
Florida!!!
How Did it End?
The Black Dog
So long, London

11/10s getting closer to the above section:
I Can Do It With a Broken Heart - whew I was right this would be a grower (it was bottom two on album one on first listen for me, but now I’m obsesssed)
My Boy only breaks his favourite toys - the other huge grower

Absolutely adore (nearly in the above section)
But daddy I love him
Clara Bow
The Albatross
loml
Fortnight - I think it’s her weakest lead since Me! but I love it’s vibe

Terrific songs, but returning to slightly less cos of the above songs (will be in the above section with a couple more listens each likely)
The Prophecy
The Manuscript
Peter
The Bolter

Love:
Guilty as sin
The tortured poets department
Cassandra
Robin
The smallest man who ever lived

The 10 that are still great - but not standing out for me as much amidst the other songs:
I hate it here
Down Bad - this is growing on me quickly
Chloe or Sam or Sophia or Marcus
ThanK you aIMee - well this one is memorable haha, i do like it but I’m not sure it was needed haha
So high school - already running away with the overrated crown
Fresh out the Slammer - this one is becoming less memorable for me with each listen oops
Imgonnagetyouback
The alchemy
I can fix him (no I really can)
I look in peoples windows - the closest to filler there is (tho better than the worst couple of songs on midnights)

Yeah overall I’m absolutely delighted with these albums, and there’s so much material I just know will be on repeat all year <3

+Quote this post
777666jason
post 20th April 2024, 08:28 AM
Post #255
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 22,687

It's definitely growing with each listen for me

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 20th April 2024, 09:04 AM
Post #256
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
User: 5,042

I need to see more appreciation (like Sam!! wub.gif) for ‘Peter’ and ‘Robin’! Both gorgeous!

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 20th April 2024, 09:23 AM
Post #257
Group icon
User: 13,007

Listened to the first part and it's definitely Midnights part 2 with more clunky and overly-complicated lyrics~

There is a lot of goodness though and it's a nice listen through. My favourites are the two songs that sound different to the rest of the tracks: Who's Afraid Of Little Old Me and I Can Do It With a Broken Heart...

Just shows if she was more experimental and less sameish with the album it'd be so much more exciting! sad.gif

Also: My friends all smell of weed or little babies... anyone?

+Quote this post
Scene
post 20th April 2024, 09:31 AM
Post #258
Group icon
Baby Reindeer
User: 5,567

Finally got round to listening to this and really loving it on first listen! Though have to pause after track 10 because there's just too much to listen to in one go. laugh.gif

Insta adds to my playlist:

- Fortnight
- The Tortured Poets Department (LOVE this)
- My Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toys
- Florida!!! (Taylor and Flo need to perform this live and televised!)

I really hope Florida!!! is popular enough to be chart eligible!

+Quote this post
London
post 20th April 2024, 09:34 AM
Post #259
Group icon
London Boy
User: 21,053

After a few more listens, part 1 is definitely starting to take shape for me. Starting to see the differences between the songs and the highlights. For me, this wasn't as obvious as first listens to other albums. I have a better appreciation for Fortnight. I'm going to stick with part 1 for a bit longer before I try part 2. Although my Spotify is suddenly now telling me the tracks for this release are not available.

+Quote this post
Starlight 13
post 20th April 2024, 10:35 AM
Post #260
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 124,601

313M worldwide!!!!!!!!!! 127M more than midnights!!!!! 7 tracks over 1M in the UK!!!!!!!! WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote this post

17 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 3rd May 2024, 06:11 AM