BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> P!nk's Best Single [RESULTS]
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
troublepink
post Apr 29 2019, 10:44 AM
Post #1
Beautiful Trauma
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 590

20 members sent in their votes for Pink's best single cheer.gif

There were 53 songs to vote for, including singles as a lead artist, collaborations and promo singles.

One song didn't get any votes at all.

Results will start soon but in the meantime, feel free to copy and paste the text below to make your predictions:

Predictions:
Highest ranking song from Can't Take Me Home:
Highest ranking song from Missundaztood:
Highest ranking song from Try This:
Highest ranking song from I'm Not Dead:
Highest ranking song from Funhouse:
Highest ranking song from The Truth About Love:
Highest ranking song from Beautiful Trauma:
Highest ranking song from Hurts 2B Human:
Highest ranking song from The Greatest Hits... So Far!
The song with no votes at all:
The overall winner:
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mangø
post Apr 29 2019, 01:50 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 151

Highest ranking song from Can't Take Me Home: There You Go
Highest ranking song from Missundaztood: Just Like A Pill
Highest ranking song from Try This: Trouble
Highest ranking song from I'm Not Dead: U + Ur Hand
Highest ranking song from Funhouse: So What
Highest ranking song from The Truth About Love: Just Give Me A Reason
Highest ranking song from Beautiful Trauma: What About Us
Highest ranking song from Hurts 2B Human: Walk Me Home
Highest ranking song from The Greatest Hits... So Far! F***in' Perfect
The song with no votes at all: Rock and roll heaven's gate
The overall winner: I actually have no idea. I'm going to say So What.

+Quote Post
troublepink
post Apr 30 2019, 08:17 AM
Post #3
Beautiful Trauma

I am not my hair (India.Arie feat. Pink)
0 points

Released: 15th November 2005
Album: Testimony: Vol. 1, Life & Relationship
Peak UK Chart position: 65
0 members voted for this song

I Am Not My Hair is a song by American soul and R&B singer–songwriter India.Arie from her third studio album, Testimony: Vol. 1, Life & Relationship (2006).
According to Arie, the original version of I Am Not My Hair was a duet Pink. The song's original concept originated from Pink's decision to do away with her pink locks, while the last verse was written after Arie watched Melissa Etheridge's performance at the 2005 Grammy Awards, where she appeared bald from chemotherapy to treat breast cancer.[6] This version was made available on iTunes on October 17, 2006, and was used in the Lifetime television film Why I Wore Lipstick to My Mastectomy, which premiered on October 23, 2006.

Rock n roll heaven’s gate (Indigo Girls feat. Pink)
1 point

Released: 2006
Album: Despite Our Differences
Peak UK Chart position: NA
1 member voted for this song

Rock n roll heaven’s gate was the third single from Despite Our Differences, the 10th studio album from Indigo Girls, released in 2006. The song features Pink. Pink has also worked with the Indigo Girls on her fourth studio album, I’m Not Dead, on the track Dear Mr President

+Quote Post
gavindeejay
post Apr 30 2019, 03:46 PM
Post #4
Why do today, what you can do tomorrow?
Member No.: 7,645
   No Gallery Pics

Sorry I forgot to vote ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
Jordanlee
post Apr 30 2019, 04:09 PM
Post #5
Jord
Member No.: 27,116

Highest ranking song from Can't Take Me Home: Most Girls
Highest ranking song from Missundaztood: Just Like A Pill
Highest ranking song from Try This: Trouble
Highest ranking song from I'm Not Dead: Who Knew
Highest ranking song from Funhouse: So What
Highest ranking song from The Truth About Love: Try
Highest ranking song from Beautiful Trauma: What About Us
Highest ranking song from Hurts 2B Human: Walk Me Home
Highest ranking song from The Greatest Hits... Raise Your Glass
Overall Winner: So What

+Quote Post
troublepink
post Apr 30 2019, 04:49 PM
Post #6
Beautiful Trauma

4 points

Released: 10th March 2017
Peak UK Chart position: 47
1 member voted for this song

The song was written by Stargate, alongside Diplo, Sia and Jr. Blender. It was reportedly Sia's idea to recruit P!nk for the song.
The song was originally conducted by Sia, in partnership with Diplo and Jr Blender, and was intended to give the song to Cashmere Cat for his debut album 9, with Sia credited as a featured artist. However, the track was rejected as the original tracklist for the album was leaked and Cashmere Cat scrapped most of the project, delaying the release date of the album. Sia, however, was determined to search for a worthy artist for the song and gave it to Stargate instead, recruiting P!nk along the way.

Hustle
8 points

Released: 28th March 2019
Album: Hurts 2B Human
1 Member voted for this song

Hustle is a song by Pink, released on March 28, 2019, as the second single from her upcoming album Hurts 2B Human, along with the pre-order of the album. The song was written by Pink, Jorgen Odegard and Imagine Dragons lead vocalist Dan Reynolds. Reynolds also provided guitar playing for the song.

+Quote Post
troublepink
post May 1 2019, 07:24 AM
Post #7
Beautiful Trauma

Whatever You Want
21 points

Released: 4th June 2017
Album: Beautiful Trauma
Peak UK Chart position: 25
5 members voted for this song

Whatever You Want is a song recorded by Pink from her seventh studio album Beautiful Trauma. Pink co-wrote the song with its producers, Max Martin and Shellback. The song impacted hot adult contemporary radio on June 4, 2018, as the third single from the album.

Heartbreak Down
24 points

Released: June 2011
Album: The Greatest Hits… So Far!
3 members voted for this song

Heartbreak Down was released as an airplay and promotional single only in central and eastern European countries in June 2011. The song peaked at number two on the Hungarian Airplay chart.

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post May 1 2019, 11:16 AM
Post #8
BuzzJack Idol
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

Is 'Whatever You Want' or 'Beautiful Trauma' at #49?

+Quote Post
troublepink
post May 1 2019, 11:23 AM
Post #9
Beautiful Trauma

Oopsie! Whatever you want is at number 49... with 21 points.

I've got such bad 'screen eyes' at the moment, I've been working non stop on the PH website, I spent 10 hours yesterday updating it, and so far been working on it since 8am this morning!

Apologise for the f**k-up laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post May 1 2019, 11:28 AM
Post #10
BuzzJack Idol
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

QUOTE(troublepink @ May 1 2019, 12:23 PM) *
Oopsie! Whatever you want is at number 49... with 21 points.

I've got such bad 'screen eyes' at the moment, I've been working non stop on the PH website, I spent 10 hours yesterday updating it, and so far been working on it since 8am this morning!

Apologise for the f**k-up laugh.gif

Aw not to worry! I thought it would be 'Whatever You Want' due to how low we are in the results but was unsure by the write up and video. A shame, I actually prefer 'Whatever You Want' to 'Beautiful Trauma'. I just love that melody as the chorus kicks in.

Having Stargate, P!nk and Sia on the same track sounds amazing on paper but what we got was something so lifeless. The song does not make great use of their talents at all.

I loved 'Heartbreak Down' at the time and I've found I still do upon revisiting the greatest hits collection this year. I remember really wanting it as a single but now I think 'Raise Your Glass' and 'f***in' Perfect' make the perfect double and reflected the two sides of P!nk's sound. 'Heartbreak Down' works just fine as a little gem rounding off the collection.

+Quote Post
troublepink
post May 2 2019, 08:23 AM
Post #11
Beautiful Trauma

Walk of Shame
30 points

Released: 25th September 2013
Album: The Truth About Love

Walk of Shame is a song by Pink, taken from her sixth studio album The Truth About Love (2012). It was written by Pink and Greg Kurstin, and produced by the latter. It was released exclusively to Australian radio on September 25, 2013, as the fifth single from the album.

Ave Mary A
37 points

Released: 2008
Album: Funhouse

The track was released as a radio-only single in Australia and peaked at #10 on the Australian Airplay Chart. It was featured on the Autumn 2010 edition of compilation CD So Fresh. It was the 24th most played track on Australian radio in 2010. It never charted on the ARIA Singles Chart. The song serves as theme tune for the German RTL docu-soap Verdachtsfälle since its airing date in 2009.

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post May 2 2019, 03:12 PM
Post #12
Break the tension
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

'Walk Of Shame' seriously deserved a full proper single release! sad.gif

+Quote Post
troublepink
post May 7 2019, 09:44 AM
Post #13
Beautiful Trauma

Today’s The Day
41 points

Released: 10th September 2015
Album: NA

Today's the Day is a song written and recorded by Pink to serve as the new theme song for season 13 of The Ellen DeGeneres Show. The song was co-written and produced by Greg Kurstin. It was released to digital retailers as an official single on September 10, 2015 through RCA Records and Warner Bros

Setting the world on fire (Kenny Chesney feat. Pink)
43 points

Released: 28th July 2016
Album: Cosmic Hallelujah
4 members voted for this song

Setting the World on Fire is a song written by Ross Copperman, Matt Jenkins, and Josh Osborne and recorded by American country music artist Kenny Chesney as a duet with Pink. It was released to country radio on July 28, 2016 and to digital retailers the following day as the second single from Chesney's 2016 album Cosmic Hallelujah. The song was also promoted to adult and pop radio on September 12, 2016. The song was nominated for the Best Country Duo/Group Performance at the 2017 Grammy Awards.

+Quote Post
troublepink
post May 13 2019, 09:58 AM
Post #14
Beautiful Trauma

Can We Pretend (feat. Cash Cash)
44 points

Released: 11th April 2019
Peak UK Chart position:

Can We Pretend was recorded for Pink’s 8th studio album, Hurts 2B Human. It features Cash Cash and was released as promo for the album in April 2019

Bridge of light
50 points

Released: 2nd December 2011
Album: Happy Feet 2
2 members voted for this song

Bridge of Light is a song by Pink. It was released on December 2, 2011 by Sony Music. The song was written by Pink and long-time collaborator Billy Mann and serves as the theme song to the 2011 film Happy Feet Two. The song was a moderate success and became a top 10 hit in Austria, Belgium, Germany and Switzerland, but failed to chart high in other countries due to minimal promotion.

+Quote Post
troublepink
post May 13 2019, 09:59 AM
Post #15
Beautiful Trauma

Sorry for the delay in posting the results, real life well and truly kicked my ass over the last few days drama.gif Normal service will, hopefully, now continue heart.gif

+Quote Post
troublepink
post May 15 2019, 04:50 PM
Post #16
Beautiful Trauma

Cuz I Can
58 points

Released: 4th October 2007
Album: I’m Not Dead

Cuz I Can is a song written by Pink, Max Martin and Lukasz Gottwald for Pink's fourth album, I'm Not Dead, from which it was released as a promotional single for the album. It was one of the five album tracks that leaked onto the internet in July 2005

You make me sick
61 points

Released: 18th December 2000
Album: Can’t Take Me Home
Peak UK Chart position: 9

You Make Me Sick is a song by Pink. It was written by Brainz Dimilo, Anthony President, and Mark Tabb for her album Can't Take Me Home (2000), while production was helmed by Dimilo, Presiden and Babyface.
The contemporary R&B song was released as third and final single from her album. A moderate chart success, it peaked at number thirty-three on the US Billboard Hot 100 and number nine on the UK Singles Chart. The accompanying music video for "You Make Me Sick" was filmed in late 2000 and directed by Dave Meyers, whom Pink collaborated with previously on her first two music videos from Can't Take Me Home.

Feel good time
71 points

Released: 20th June 2003
Album: Try This
Peak UK Chart position: 3
8 members voted for this song

Feel Good Time is a song by Pink featuring William Orbit. It was released on June 20, 2003 as the lead single on the international edition of her third studio album Try This. It was later used on the soundtrack of the 2003 film Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle. The single peaked at number sixty on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 and number three on the UK Singles Chart, and has been certified gold by the ARIA.[1]
The song was originally written by and recorded by Beck and William Orbit with the intention of being a Beck track, but after Pink wanted to cover the song, Beck gave the song to her. Beck's vocals and a guitar were removed and replaced with Pink's vocals.[2] Beck's original was later posted on Orbit's website. Feel Good Time uses audio samples from Fresh-Garbage by Spirit.
"Feel Good Time" was nominated for the 2004 Grammy Award for Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals.

A Million Dreams
72 points

Released: 24th October 2018
Album: The Greatest Showman Reimagined
Peak UK Chart position: 11
7 members voted for this song

Leading up to the album's release, the songs A Million Dreams and A Million Dreams (Reprise) performed by P!nk and her daughter Willow Sage Hart respectively, were released as promotional singles along with the pre-order of the album on October 24, 2018.

+Quote Post
Riser
post May 16 2019, 02:37 AM
Post #17
The horrors persist, but so do I
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 19,534

'Today's The Day', 'Setting The World On Fire' and 'Bridge Of Light' will forever be underrated gems <3

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post May 16 2019, 09:21 AM
Post #18
Break the tension
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

'Cuz I Can' is right up there with her best of all-time! sad.gif If not her best song ever.

I feel like 'Feel Good Time' gets a lot of unfair stick, I like it.

+Quote Post
troublepink
post May 17 2019, 12:16 PM
Post #19
Beautiful Trauma

Catch me while I’m sleeping
76 points

Released: 1st December 2003

Catch Me While I'm Sleeping is a song from Pink's third studio album Try This, originally recorded for Missundaztood. The song was written by Pink and Linda Perry, and produced by Perry. No music video was produced for the song.
The song was released as a promotional single in the US in December 2003, around the same time that Humble Neighborhoods was released in the UK. The radio edit of the song does not appear on any other Pink release.

Humble Neighbourhoods
81 points

Released:
Peak UK Chart position:

Humble Neighborhoods is a song from P!nk's third studio album Try This, written by Pink and Tim Armstrong.
The song was released as the first promotional single from the album in the UK in November 2003, around the same time that Catch Me While I'm Sleeping was released as a promotional single in America. Similarly, no music video was created for the release; however, a live version of the track recorded at P!nk's MTV Unplugged session received airplay around the time of the promotional release of the track. The radio edit of the track does not appear on any other P!nk release.

Are we all we are
83 points

Released: 31st October 2013
Album: The Truth About Love
6 members voted for this song

Are We All We Are was released as a single in select European countries. The single was released to Italian radio on October 31, 2013. Are We All We Are peaked at number 7 on the Hungarian Airplay Chart.

Last to know
86 points

Released: April 2004
Peak UK Chart position: 21

Last to Know is a song by Pink. It was written by her and producer Tim Armstrong for her third studio album Try This (2003). The track was released in some parts of Europe as a single in 2004, peaking just outside the top twenty in the Netherlands and the UK (her first single in the UK not to hit the Top 20). In Austria and Switzerland the single peaked inside the top fifty. In places such as Australia, the song was released to radio and digital download but never had a physical single release.

+Quote Post
troublepink
post May 20 2019, 02:14 PM
Post #20
Beautiful Trauma

Secrets
91 points

Released: 2nd August 2018
Album: Beautiful Trauma
9 members voted for this song

Secrets is a song recorded by American singer-songwriter Pink from her seventh studio album Beautiful Trauma. Pink co-wrote the song with its producers, Max Martin, Shellback, and Oscar Holter. The song was released to hot adult contemporary radio in August 2018, as the fourth and final single from the album.

Walk me home
106 points

Released: 20th February 2019
Peak UK Chart position: 8
17 members voted for this song

Walk Me Home is a song recorded by American singer Pink for her eighth studio album, Hurts 2B Human (2019). The track was announced during an interview on The Ellen DeGeneres Show broadcast on February 6, 2019, and it was released as the lead single from the album on February 20, 2019 by RCA Records.[2] "Walk Me Home" was written by Pink, Scott Friedman, and Nathaniel Ruess, while the production was handled by Peter Thomas and Kyle Moorman.
Upon its release of, critical response was positive towards the track, with music critics commending the optimistic departure from Pink's previous singles. Comercially, the "Walk Me Home" achieved moderate success and charted within the top-ten charts of several countries, including Ireland, Switzerland and the United Kingdom. For promotion, an accompanying lyric video was uploaded onto Pink's official YouTube channel simultaneously with the song's release, followed by the release of a music video directed by Michael Gracey on March 21, 2019. The singer performed "Walk Me Home" at the 2019 Brit Awards and at The Ellen DeGeneres Show.

Glitter in the air
116 points

Released: 31st January 2010
Album: Funhouse
8 members voted for this song

Glitter in the Air is a song by American recording artist Pink from her fifth studio album, Funhouse. In 2010, it was released as the sixth single in North America, the only place of its release. Written by Pink and Billy Mann and Michele Mears, the song is a pop ballad with a soft piano accompaniment. Its lyrics talk about the power of love and taking a leap in faith, while using various metaphors. "Glitter in the Air" received mixed reviews from contemporary critics: some named it the best vocal performance of Funhouse, while others criticized it for being a cliché ballad.
"Glitter in the Air" debuted at number 18 and 13 in the United States and Canada, respectively. In the United States, the song marked the first time Pink had five singles from one album chart on the Billboard Hot 100. The song was notably performed by Pink as part of her 2009 Funhouse Tour with her wearing a bodysuit and doing acrobatics using aerial tissue. A similar version of this performance was done at the 2010 Grammy Awards, where her performance received a standing ovation and was critically praised by media outlets. A similar version of these performances was also performed on The Truth About Love Tour.

Bad Influence
129 points (highest score 24)

Released: 8th May 2009
Album: I’m Not Dead
Peak UK Chart position: 123
9 members voted for this song

Bad Influence is the fourth single from Pink's fifth studio album, Funhouse. The single was released on May 8, 2009 in Australia, however, it was not released as a single in Europe until March 2010. The track was certified Gold in Australia.[4] It peaked at #6 on the Australian Singles Chart, as well at #56 on their Year-End chart.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:26 PM