BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
43 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Australian Reality TV
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Aaron.
post Jan 14 2014, 02:22 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 3,245
   No Gallery Pics

So anyone that's following my Top Reality TV Stars Of 2013 *crickets* would have seen that two of my favorite reality shows of 2013 were The Block and My iamspamspamamiRules from Australia.
Both are returning this month, and actually on the same DAY, hoping for a viewing buddy or someone to get addicted to the show(s). I only started watching My iamspamspamamiRules last year; and I will admit - I got addicted. By far one of the best reality shows of 2013, the production value was AMAZE.

Here is a brief synopsis of each show:

My iamspamspamamiRules 2014:

My iamspamspamamiRules is an Australian competitive cooking game show broadcast on the Seven Network since 2010. The series is produced by the team who created the Seven reality show My Restaurant Rules, and was put into production based on the success of Network Ten's MasterChef Australia. My iamspamamispamwhoamspam Rules has just been renewed by the Seven Network for a fifth series.

The Block Fans vs Favorites

The Block is an Australian reality television series broadcast on the Nine Network. The series follows four or, more recently, five couples as they compete against each other to renovate houses and sell them at auction for the highest price.
The series first ran for two consecutive seasons in 2003 and 2004, and was originally hosted by Australian gardening guru Jamie Durie. The first season was filmed at Bondi and the second at Manly.

Moving to Victoria, Australia, the fourth season was filmed in the Melbourne suburb of Richmond, Victoria on Cameron Street. Breaking with tradition, season four was filmed in four side-by-side houses as opposed to an apartment block of four. Season four saw television personality Shelley Craft join Scott Cam in hosting the show.
Season five began airing in April 2012. As with season four, season five has retained the four separate houses format, as opposed to four apartments in a single apartment block as in earlier seasons. Season five is again set in Melbourne, on Dorcas Street, and is set in four adjacent multi-storey town houses.
The first three seasons of The Block aired once weekly for 13, 26 and 9 weeks respectively. For seasons four and five The Block was aired every weeknight, taking on the tagline "7'OBlock Weeknights," and every Sunday night for 8 weeks.

Here's hoping we get a few new people watching this show so I'm not alone. Both series start Monday, January 27th.
Hopefully by than we can ensure that iamspamspamamidoesn't auto correct rolleyes.gif
#alsoiknowaveryreliablewebsitewhouploadsepisodesquitequickly

This post has been edited by Aaron.: Dec 1 2015, 04:32 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jakee
post Jan 14 2014, 02:55 PM
Post #2
i thought you wore the hairpiece for style
Member No.: 47

count me IN

link and all pls

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Jan 14 2014, 05:43 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

I'll send you the link later today.
Probably should have mentioned, for both they usually run 4 episodes a week, and average 45 minutes to an Hour in length, so big investment.

Since this is a special season of The Block, and they're planning on running a regular series later this year.. this one may be shorter.
My Kitch.en Rules last year had 46 episodes.

This post has been edited by Aaron.: Jan 14 2014, 05:44 PM

+Quote Post
Silas
post Jan 20 2014, 11:31 PM
Post #4
Queen of Soon
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 3,474

I seem to remember a british show like 'The Block' a fair few years back. Want to say it was filmed in Brighton for some reason.

One of my friends insists that I need to watch MKR! They were filming at Southbank in Brisbane in early November. Saw the trucks and everything as we passed through the CBD en route to the coast.

I live for Masterchef Australia

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Jan 21 2014, 02:45 AM
Post #5
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

The Block has gotten alot better, and has gotten alot more attention.
If you do indeed like Masterchef; check out my Top 100 Reality Stars; I have about 8 from the last season in my Top 100.

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Jan 27 2014, 01:27 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

OMGGGGGG Both have started cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

As of right now I've only actually seen My Ki.tchen Rules. I'll watch The Block tonight.

Thoughts:

Annie and Jason: Cute! They're a really cute couple. However, they don't seem like a couple to me.. more like Brother and Sister. He is adorable and the star of the couple. She's a little bland for me. Oh, and can you say CHEESE?! Holy f***. Three courses of CHEESE. I'd be in heaven.

- Entrée: I loved how they said it was a great start to the beginning of the competition, but than said there was issues with the whole thing. The cheese really should have been runny. And rocket salad? It was just there for show.. Really added nothing.
- Main: RARE STAKE. I do agree with the decision to cook the steaks to one wellness, but, that looked too Rare for me. It also looked very under seasoned and boiled. Do they not own a grill? Also, I hate Bleu Cheese.
- Desert: The NSFW Cheesecake. They really had nothing to say about this. It was a cheesecake. KBYE.

Passable meal really, but nothing creative at all. I was surprised to see an 8/10 from one of the Judges on the Entrée. It was fried cheese on rocket with cut up apples.

Teams:

Andrew and Emelia: Another team where the guy really stands out.
Chloe and Kelly: LURVE. Total bitches and well travelled? Their going to have the most grating opinions. Cannot wait.
Deb and Rick: She's a horny cougar who wants both of the judges diques. He'd totally sit there and watch too.
Helena and Vikki: The "Non-Identical" Identical Twins. So much caked on make-up. I love the fact that they're already going to heads with Chlose and Kelly. I sadly think they will be the first team out. I'd love for them to stick around. Total bitches. I love that they had something to say about EVERYTHING that Chloe/Kelly had to say.
Paul and Blair: Do old people not age well in Australia? You'd think a team of Dad's that still have young kids would be a bit. Younger?

Amazing Start. Love it.

This post has been edited by Aaron.: Jan 27 2014, 01:36 PM

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Mar 24 2014, 11:49 AM
Post #7
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

SHOCK.
Carly and Tresne are cited as "Friends" on MKR. However just revealed they are a COUPLE and since filming the show - are now MARRIED. wub.gif

LOVE THEM. SO CUTE.

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Apr 12 2014, 02:45 AM
Post #8
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

WHAT THE ACTUAL f***.
The Block finale was... by far... one of the most intense things I've ever seen.
Kyal and Kara clearly went in as the favorites.

Last years winners Alisa and Lysandra beat them within the first 10 seconds of the auction.
But Steve and Chantelle who went last in the auction beat THEM out by $20,000.

It really just came down to the auction order - because Alisa and Lysandra didn't go last - the bulk of the money was left at the end for Steve and Chantelle to take... and the sad thing was everyone WILLINGLY gave them the last spot!!!

SO f***ING INTENSE.

Final Result:

First: Steve & Chantelle
Reserve: $1,834,000
Sold For: $2,470,000
Profit: $636,000 + $100,000 for winning = $736,000

Second: Alisa & Lysandra
Reserve: $1,759,000
Sold For: $2,375,000 Million
Profit: $616,000

Third: Kyal & Kara
Reserve: $1,872,000 Million
Sold For: $2,440,000 Million
Profit: $567,250

Last: Brad & Dale
Reserve: $1,802,000 Million
Sold For: $2,310,000 Million
Profit: $507,250

All apartments sold for over $2,000,000.
I can't believe Steve won for literally doing f*** all this season - he won because of the auction order. Simple as. But it was amazing. Holy Crap.

This post has been edited by Aaron.: Apr 12 2014, 02:51 AM

+Quote Post
jakee
post Apr 12 2014, 11:18 PM
Post #9

i'm currently watching masterchef australia, aaron. so addicted to what has to be one of the most ridiculous shows i have ever witnessed. just on heston week now

in typical gay fashion noelene / samira / lucy are my favz

+Quote Post
Silas
post Apr 13 2014, 12:44 AM
Post #10
Queen of Soon

That wasn't the best Masterchef Au seasons but there were some fabulous people in it and Daniel is so easy on the eyes.

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Apr 13 2014, 02:25 AM
Post #11
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(░░‽░` @ Apr 12 2014, 11:18 PM) *
i'm currently watching masterchef australia, aaron. so addicted to what has to be one of the most ridiculous shows i have ever witnessed. just on heston week now

in typical gay fashion noelene / samira / lucy are my favz

Heston weeks are <3
But that season was horrible to watch.. but <3 for Nolene and Samira <3
Season 2 was by far the best.

+Quote Post
jakee
post Apr 13 2014, 02:41 AM
Post #12

QUOTE(Aaron. @ Apr 13 2014, 03:25 AM) *
Heston weeks are <3
But that season was horrible to watch.. but <3 for Nolene and Samira <3
Season 2 was by far the best.

why was it horrible?

i must say it feels like a lot of ppl generally fly under the radar and ppl who have done amazingly have one trip up and are gone for good whilst less impressive chefs progress.

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Apr 13 2014, 02:54 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

There were just better seasons. I found this cast other than a few quite insufferable.
Also I absolutely love when they go "offsite" - Season 1 and Season 2 they went somewhere asiany and to New York.
This season when they went to Dubai, it just seemed like an unfair advantage for a few. But I don't want to spoil so much.

There were so many good competitors in the first 2 seasons.. Adam, Callum, Courtney, Alvin, MARION <3, Poh, Chris, Justine.. Amazing.
I don't think anyone will really be remembered from this season.

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Apr 13 2014, 02:56 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Also, I've always said there is a serious fundamental flaw with Masterchef Australia.
You can get to the end, 100% by cooking "Safe Dishes".
Take a risk, screw it up, you're going to go home. Even if you're a better chef than anyone else there.

In all of the seasons so far, the person that is the "Best Chef" has never won - the person that probably came the closest would be Season 1.. but that was something of it's own.

+Quote Post
jakee
post Apr 13 2014, 08:48 PM
Post #15

i've renamed this thread australian tv if that is okay aaron? seems sensible to have a dedicated thread~

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Apr 13 2014, 08:54 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

I was going to do the same thing, make sense since we're chatting Masterchef AU, and soon, BBAU once it returns!

+Quote Post
Silas
post Apr 13 2014, 09:42 PM
Post #17
Queen of Soon

Think BBAU is watched by enough peeps to have it's own thread.

As for Masterchef. I would say that you have a point Aaron but the two winners before this year were both very very good. Andy especially.

This year was very weird as there was a lot of good people who went before some people that should never have made it past auditions. Think series 3 is my favourite so far!

+Quote Post
Silas
post Apr 13 2014, 09:44 PM
Post #18
Queen of Soon

I will be all over this thread like a RASH. Any excuse to listen to the accent wub.gif

+Quote Post
jakee
post Apr 13 2014, 09:47 PM
Post #19

QUOTE(Sibariclas @ Apr 13 2014, 10:42 PM) *
This year was very weird as there was a lot of good people who went before some people that should never have made it past auditions. Think series 3 is my favourite so far!

name names ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Silas
post Apr 13 2014, 09:50 PM
Post #20
Queen of Soon

I don't understand how Kelty made it pass auditions. Michael and Clarissa too! How far through the season are you?

My favourites from season 5 were Jules, Daniel, Samira and Lucy.

+Quote Post

43 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:33 PM