BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Doctor Who • Nikola Tesla’s Night of Terror, S12E04
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
WhoOdyssey
post Jan 18 2020, 06:06 PM
Post #1
A dead mouse (from my cat)
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 67,771

Episode 4 airs tomorrow (Sunday) once again at 19:10.

Synopsis: 1903. Who or what is sabotaging Nikola Tesla's generator plant at Niagara Falls? And has this maverick inventor really received a message from Mars?

Looking forward to this one!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Jan 18 2020, 06:12 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

I hope they find a way of shoehorning this in biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Calum
post Jan 18 2020, 06:26 PM
Post #3
nabad
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 18,316

I was skeptical about this one based on the title and the synopsis alone, but the trailer has me all kinds of excited!!

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Jan 18 2020, 06:34 PM
Post #4
❤️❤️➕🟦
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

Starring Anjli Mohindra I think too *.*

(who I think is dating Sacha Dhawan, Rani and the Master *.*)

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Jan 18 2020, 06:38 PM
Post #5
you never forget your first time...
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 13,530

QUOTE(Klaus @ Jan 18 2020, 06:34 PM) *
Starring Anjli Mohindra I think too *.*

(who I think is dating Sacha Dhawan, Rani and the Master *.*)

+Quote Post
Anita Hanjaab
post Jan 18 2020, 07:25 PM
Post #6
Buffy/Charmed
Group: Members
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

Is Rani back?

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Jan 18 2020, 07:29 PM
Post #7
❤️❤️➕🟦
   No Gallery Pics

She’s not playing actual Rani sadly! She’s playing a monster instead!

+Quote Post
ElectroBoy
post Jan 19 2020, 01:37 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 3,002
   No Gallery Pics

Hopefully this is better than last weeks 'effort'

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Jan 19 2020, 08:09 PM
Post #9
❤️❤️➕🟦
   No Gallery Pics

ok much much MUCH better, that’s the show I love! This era hasn’t been perfect but it has done historicals the best out of NuWho! Possibly my favourite episode of the era outside of Rosa & Spyfall. Great pacing, great threat and fantastic guest stars with some education!

Nice to see Yaz slowly forming into a proper companion, giving the spaceship duty and the running away from monsters but omg can you imagine any other companion from the other eras just STANDING there about to be killed by the monster. It feels there’s been lots of improvements in other areas (threats/aliens/music) but there’s still a lot of improvement for the companions.

I do think the music needs to be turned down slightly though, I couldn’t hear what some of the characters were saying at times!

Also, given that most of it happened during the DAY, can we please have some consultations with people who can actually think up good episode titles.

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Jan 19 2020, 08:11 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

It's great to see some unsung heroes of science being recognised. We had Ada Lovelace a couple weeks ago (for some reason I'd guessed it might be her as soon as she was introduced as Ada) and now Nikola Tesla. Who's next?

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Jan 19 2020, 08:15 PM
Post #11
you never forget your first time...
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 13,530

I thought that episode took maybe 15 minutes to really get going, I was a little bored at the start, but it really found its feet when we met the Skithra! A less bloated cast really helped too. A tighter episode than last week undoubtedly!

+Quote Post
Frenchie
post Jan 19 2020, 08:21 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 72,030
   No Gallery Pics

I'm not really feeling this season. I found this episode quite boring. It seems like the guest characters have more of a role than the companions which I don't think makes much sense, and even then I still find them painful. Compared to previous companions they're just useless.

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Jan 19 2020, 08:22 PM
Post #13
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

Much better indeed, a very recognisably Doctor Who episode that could come from any era. Was great to see a more restrained focus to balance out with the more dramatic ones. I really liked the focus on Tesla vs Edison as well as I've found that quite an interesting topic that I've looked up recently, and I must say my favourite moments were the conversations between Tesla and the Doctor, because they really do seem like similar thinkers and she'd found someone who understands her, if anything, there wasn't enough of moments like that.

The villain looked great, perhaps dealt with a bit too quickly and the scorpions were a bit bumbling, but threatening enough, though I couldn't understand her at times! They certainly didn't have the supporting characters problem this week, though I did find myself caring even less about the main companions as a result. Graham in particular feels so useless and purely there for comedy relief this year, they've gone backwards with him.

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Jan 19 2020, 09:19 PM
Post #14
Howdy, disco citizens
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

I think that's my favourite episode of the Jodie episodes to date, really enjoyed it. Nice to have real scary villains again this series - I liked the idea of pitting the inventors against aliens who are only able to steal ideas from others.

+Quote Post
Anita Hanjaab
post Jan 23 2020, 06:03 PM
Post #15
Buffy/Charmed
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

I loved Rosa, but this was a more enjoyable episode. Her best yet. I honestly do not understand why she has companions at all. She doesn't need them, as she comes across so many people anyway. Yaz was by far the best companion this week. She was less like a plank of wood. Ryan was even MORE plank-like however and Graham is irrelevant. Having four people who can't act well is not good. Jodie is not threatening and she comes across as weak. Missy should have been the Doctor. What a waste!

I liked how they made Jodie FOR ONLY THE SECOND TIME!!! an inventor again this ep. I thought that was what they were going to do with her at the very start, but noooo. They should explore that route a lot more.

Let's face it: Jodie and these three companions were a mistakw, as was Chipaldi. The sooner they all go, the better.

+Quote Post
Severin
post Jan 25 2020, 07:40 PM
Post #16
Mansonette
Member No.: 9,872
   No Gallery Pics

Caught up finally with this one. A huge improvement over last weeks utter turkey and a good basic concept but like others have said. Too many characters trying to find room in too short a story. Stretch this out to a 2 parter and build the suspense and allow the crew to do stuff and you might have something more accomplished.
The villiain was ok but pretty much a retread of the Racnoss from The Runaway Bride

All in all an ok episode

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:02 AM