BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> How To Be Single, Rebel Wilson | February
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
JackTheeStallion
post Nov 21 2015, 09:12 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

Looks AMAZING. Giving me Bridesmaids/Pitch Perfect teas.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Nov 21 2015, 10:31 AM
Post #2
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
This does look pretty good, Rebel Wilson's humour is definitely my type of humour so excited to see her in something new.

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post Feb 14 2016, 10:12 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223
Just watched this, it was bit messy in parts and I think some of the side stories weren't needed but it was SO funny. Leslie Mann and Rebel Wilson have such good comic timing wub.gif Leslie is so underrated as an actress in general, I think she's amazing.

Dakota Johnson further proves that she is annoying little c**t who can't act to save her life however.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Feb 14 2016, 10:15 PM
Post #4
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
So want to watch this at some point, looks incredible and love the cast wub.gif

Agree with you Jack that Leslie is underrated, she is hilarious in everything I've seen her in wub.gif

+Quote this post
post Feb 14 2016, 10:20 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
I've not seen this yet, but Dakota Johnson fully redeemed the 50 Shades mess when I saw her in A Bigger Splash.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Feb 15 2016, 01:07 PM
Post #6
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
I'm glad the trailer didn't spoil too many of the jokes, there were still plenty of good ones, usually from Rebel Wilson, she really made me laugh in this. My favourite being 'it looked like you dropped your hairbrush and your vagina caught it' laugh.gif
I actually really liked Dakota Johnson in this though, I've not seen her in anything before this but I thought she was so likeable, really sweet and had some good lines too.
Alison Brie had some hilarious scenes too, I was laughing so hard when she was going crazy whilst reading the children and she pulled her hair out laugh.gif It was a bit odd that she was even included in this film though because her storyline hardly ever overlapped with the other three leads but she made me laugh so I won't complain too much.
I do like Leslie Mann but she just seems to have similar jokes and characters every time I see her now and I thought Jake Lacy was way more watch-able in all their scenes together :/

All the characters were good and had some really good jokes but it totally fell apart towards the end when there was some weird monologue about never being truly single and to enjoy it or something which just sounded so try-hard and cringey which left a sour taste as it was the last thing we saw.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Feb 21 2016, 05:11 PM
Post #7
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
QUOTE(•Josh• @ Feb 15 2016, 01:07 PM) *
I do like Leslie Mann but she just seems to have similar jokes and characters every time I see her now and I thought Jake Lacy was way more watch-able in all their scenes together :/

He can be my baby daddy any day.

I thought it was very cute and sweet, didn't have as many proper laugh out loud moments as some other movies imo but the jokes definitely didn't fall flat either, it had me smiling. "Season 3 Ross" was one of my favourite lines that sticks out in my mind. Leslie was a highlight, I thought Dakota Johnson was very good and there was a bit less Rebel than I was expecting (not a bad thing because I think she is someone you could have too much of).

I don't know what Pitch Perfect doing "Peacock" was all about though

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Feb 25 2016, 01:43 AM
Post #8
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
Anders Holm >>>>

Saw this on Tuesday, it was alright. As usual Rebel Wilson shone, and I always love Alison Brie, plus Anders Holm and Jake Lacy were decent, I found Dakota Johnson a bit wet and irritating. Leslie Mann was ok but I agree Jake was better in their scenes. There were some laughs to be had but I found this more nice than funny to be honest for the most part. There were pretty much all likeablet, so it was a decent watch with a nice story. I don't think I'd watch it again but it was decent!

+Quote this post
Martyn
post Feb 25 2016, 04:34 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 66
I saw this last night, and really enjoyed it. Going in, I was concerned it would be one of those movies where all the funny parts are in the trailer and the rest of it is a bit dull, however I was really impressed, I actually enjoyed the story-line too, I enjoyed the ending I was glad she ended up alone at the end, although it's implied she met someone there. It could have been to easy to force her into a relationship to get the romantic ending

+Quote this post
kye
post Mar 13 2016, 01:03 AM
Post #10
Group icon
• aesthetic party •
User: 2,169
Finally got around to seeing this yesterday and I loved it.

I agree with the Dakota Johnson hate.. she's just no way leading material to me, she annoyed me so much.
It's interesting to see someone say that Leslie gets the same role in most movies when Rebel plays herself in everything laugh.gif
She's amazing though so she can play herself in every movie and get away with it because her delivery is hilarious.

Leslie Mann & Jake Lacy made the movie for me.. I want to find a Ken, he was so sweet wub.gif

The soundtrack to this was all kinds of awesome too. I loved the incorporation of 'Can't Take My Eyes Off You', especially Lauryn Hill's version.
It just felt very fresh and current but the songs weren't slotted in, they all flowed well with the scenes.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 09:07 PM