BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Calum's Top 300 ∙ EOY 2020, A year of #WONDER - COMPLETED!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Calum
post 13th January 2021, 06:25 PM
Post #61
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

QUOTE(JosephStyles @ Jan 13 2021, 02:26 PM) *
Dinner Guest cheeseblock.png one of the bops of lockdown 1.0 x

cheeseblock.png

QUOTE(ElectroBoy @ Jan 13 2021, 03:17 PM) *
Funny seeing Be Okay being on both yours and Joseph's recent EOY batches biggrin.gif

Its got a fair bit high on my EOY Chart

Looking forward to seeing where it lands in your EOY! *.*
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Calum
post 14th January 2021, 10:03 PM
Post #62
Group icon
nabad

Top 300 Songs of 2020

251 Major Lazer & Alessia Cara - Hell and High Water
252 JORDY - Better By Myself
253 Callum Beattie - We Are Stars
254 Gabrielle Aplin & Nina Nesbitt - Miss You 2
255 Grace Davies - Invisible
256 Jaden - Cabin Fever
257 Lauv feat. Sofia Reyes - El Tejano
258 payton - Love Letter
259 Julie and the Phantoms Cast feat. Charlie Gillespie - Unsaid Emily
260 JP Cooper - In These Arms

Major Lazer came back with a new album towards the end of the year and I haven't actually checked it out, but one of the songs from it found its way to my ears - Hell and High Water with Alessia Cara. It's a great song, and it's good to hear more from the latter; I really hope there's more to come from her in 2021. JORDY released a lot of songs in 2020, and Better By Myself is one of the best - it was even given a remix by Drag Race alum Monique Heart herself! Callum Beattie's We Are Stars appears, while Gabrielle Aplin and Nina Nesbitt's collaboration on Miss You 2 also finishes low down in the countdown. Grace Davies' Invisible is a beautiful track, while Cabin Fever by Jaden is the best song from his latest album, and one that took me by surprise and became a hit. Lauv collaborated with Sofia Reyes on his album ~how i'm feeling~ for funky track El Tejano, and although it's not a massive favourite in the context of the album, it's a cute bop. payton's single Love Letter became a hit in my chart after discovering him, and since then he's had another song appear in my chart. Another Julie and the Phantoms song is in this section, this time Charlie Gillespie's solo Unsaid Emily - an emotional one that really hit hard in a powerful scene with his character's parents. Finally, JP Cooper has always been very hit and miss for me, but In My Arms was a great track from him and most recently was sent to BJSC so it was good to see it among that crowd.

+Quote this post
Sergej
post 15th January 2021, 09:40 AM
Post #63
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,723

Hi there Calum!
From your EPs, I like JC Stewart's EP (with "Rest Of My Life being a #2 song for me).
As for your albums, I wasn't surprised with the #1 and I like seeing "Confetti", "Cherry Blossom", "Zeros", "The Human Demands", "Heaven in a World So Cold", "Plastic Hearts" in your album charts, but my two favourite albums from your Year-End album chart are "Future Nostalgia" by Dua Lipa and "Heartbreak Weather" by Niall Horan.
For your singles, "In These Arms", "Midnight", "Love Not Loving You", "Dinner Guest", "Rodeo" are my favourites so far.
Good so far!

+Quote this post
Riser
post 15th January 2021, 01:37 PM
Post #64
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534

Whoa, 'Hell And High Water' completely passed me by! I had been missing Alessia Cara too lately so I'm giving that a listen now music.gif

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 15th January 2021, 07:40 PM
Post #65
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247

Pretty certain I heard Be Okay for the first time yestarday on Joseph's EOY ohmy.gif It sounded quite nice! And I've also just listened to the Gabrielle/Nina song on Joseph's EOY, I'm beginning to think you might be the same person... (kink.gif)

Giving Cabin Fever a listen now, quite enjoying this one as well, definitely sounds like a grower for me! Some other artists here I recognise like Calum Beattie and Plestad but not heard those particular songs, will need to give them a listen at some point.

+Quote this post
Calum
post 16th January 2021, 02:39 PM
Post #66
Group icon
nabad

QUOTE(Sergej @ Jan 15 2021, 09:40 AM) *
Hi there Calum!
From your EPs, I like JC Stewart's EP (with "Rest Of My Life being a #2 song for me).
As for your albums, I wasn't surprised with the #1 and I like seeing "Confetti", "Cherry Blossom", "Zeros", "The Human Demands", "Heaven in a World So Cold", "Plastic Hearts" in your album charts, but my two favourite albums from your Year-End album chart are "Future Nostalgia" by Dua Lipa and "Heartbreak Weather" by Niall Horan.
For your singles, "In These Arms", "Midnight", "Love Not Loving You", "Dinner Guest", "Rodeo" are my favourites so far.
Good so far!

Thanks for commenting Serge, glad there's a lot you're liking so far! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Riser @ Jan 15 2021, 01:37 PM) *
Whoa, 'Hell And High Water' completely passed me by! I had been missing Alessia Cara too lately so I'm giving that a listen now music.gif

Yasss, hope you enjoyed it Jordan! happy.gif

Thanks for commenting!

QUOTE(PeteFromLeeds @ Jan 15 2021, 07:40 PM) *
Pretty certain I heard Be Okay for the first time yestarday on Joseph's EOY ohmy.gif It sounded quite nice! And I've also just listened to the Gabrielle/Nina song on Joseph's EOY, I'm beginning to think you might be the same person... (kink.gif)

Giving Cabin Fever a listen now, quite enjoying this one as well, definitely sounds like a grower for me! Some other artists here I recognise like Calum Beattie and Plestad but not heard those particular songs, will need to give them a listen at some point.

!!! can assure you we are not sarah11.png

Glad you like Cabin Fever (sadly the rest of the album it's from isn't quite as good ph34r.gif), the other songs are great too so if you get a chance do check them out!

Thanks for commenting Pete happy.gif

+Quote this post
Calum
post 16th January 2021, 03:38 PM
Post #67
Group icon
nabad

Top 300 Songs of 2020

241 Luca Hänni - Nie mehr allein
242 PARTYNEXTDOOR & Rihanna - BELIEVE IT
243 Isaac Dunbar - princess die
244 Grant Knoche - 18
245 Isaac Dunbar - scorton's creek
246 Bebe Rexha feat. Doja Cat - Baby, I'm Jealous
247 Fields - Tunnel Vision
248 Mae Muller - Therapist
249 AUSTN - Phases
250 Luca Hänni - Diamant

Bookending this section we have songs by Eurovision alum Luca Hänni, the higher of those being sexy, seductive bop Nie mehr allein, while the cute one, Diamant, is just nine places lower. Both songs are great, and both are accompanied by equally amazing music videos (the first with some seriously impressive choreography, and the latter just showing Luca's perfect body in all its glory x). PARTYNEXTDOOR and Rihanna's collaboration BELIEVE IT is one that I nod and bop along to whenever I hear it, and it just has me craving new solo material from Rihanna even more - here's hoping 2021 is the year that's going to happen. Isaac Dunbar's cover of princess die hit YouTube early in the year, and it's beautiful and really showcases his vocals, while another Grant Knoche song 18 also appears in this section; one of my favourites from COLOR ME BLUE. Double Isaac Dunbar is made up with second song scorton's creek. This isn't one of my favourite Isaac songs (purely just because of how excellent everything else is), but it's still great in its own way and became yet another top 10 hit for him. Bebe Rexha returned with what now seems like a token Doja Cat collaboration seeing as it's the done thing right now, and while it's not the most groundbreaking song or one that's going to turn me into an ultimate stan, Baby, I'm Jealous is a bop. Completing this section are Fields with Tunnel Vision, a cute bop, Mae Muller with her song Therapist, and AUSTN with Phases.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 17th January 2021, 04:13 PM
Post #68
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
User: 13,530

Baby, I'm Jealous is much too low tbqh x

+Quote this post
Calum
post 17th January 2021, 04:27 PM
Post #69
Group icon
nabad

It is not xx

Thanks Joseph *.*

+Quote this post
Calum
post 17th January 2021, 04:27 PM
Post #70
Group icon
nabad

Top 300 Songs of 2020

231 Katy Perry - Teary Eyes
232 Thomas Rhett & Kane Brown feat. Ava Max - On Me
233 Tommy Boi - Break Me
234 Hailee Steinfeld - I Love You's
235 Route 94 feat. L Devine - Sad Songs
236 Jacob Sartorius - OVER U
237 Tate McRae - r u ok
238 FELIX SANDMAN - BOYS WITH EMOTIONS
239 Steve Aoki & Frank Walker feat. AJ Mitchell - Imagine
240 Ruben - Dear God

Album track Teary Eyes from Katy Perry's album Smile wasn't enough to save the album from bombing big time in my chart, however this is a great song and definitely something there should have been more of on there, or even released in place of either Small Talk or Harleys in Hawaii earlier in the campaign. Thomas Rhett, Kane Brown and Ava Max's On Me is a great song, so was great to have that alongside other collaboration Summer Feelings from the film Scoob. Tommy Boi makes an appearance with Break Me, a complete bop, while Hailee Steinfeld's I Love You's is a beautiful song that I appreciate more and more when I go back to it. Route 94 and L Devine found themselves in my chart after the success of the latter's solo single Don't Say It - it's a good song but didn't stick around for long. Jacob Sartorius came back with OVER U towards the end of the year - a certified bop despite how cringe he can be lmao! Tate McRae's follow up to you broke me first, r u ok, is a great track and was more instant for me than the former. FELIX SANDMAN appears, while one of many AJ Mitchell collaborations, Imagine, is here too - this time a Steve Aoki one that is a total tune. Finally, Ruben's Dear God makes it into the countdown after discovering his other song Burn Down This Room through Jafet in BJSC - a fantastic entry, and I'm excited to hear more from Ruben in the future!

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 18th January 2021, 05:51 PM
Post #71
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 18,293

Dinner Guest is my favourite song to appear so far. Massive bop, the sample works so well.

Glad to see 'I Love You's' make an appearance here. Haillee's best release for quite a while.

For some reason Boyfriend by Selena Gomez has been stuck in my head a lot recently. I wasn't even that much of a fan when it was released.

+Quote this post
Calum
post 19th January 2021, 10:22 PM
Post #72
Group icon
nabad

Top 300 Songs of 2020

221 Grant Knoche - SORRY FOR THE HONESTY
222 Joshua Bassett - The Perfect Gift
223 Isac Elliot - Ghost
224 Nathan Dawe & Little Mix - No Time For Tears
225 SHY Martin & Boy In Space - Still the Same
226 Madison Beer - BOYSHIT
227 Greyson Chance - Athlete
228 BROCKHAMPTON feat. Dua Lipa - Sugar (Remix)
229 Alex Sampson - Play Pretend
230 Don Diablo feat. Zak Abel - Bad

Up next, another entry for Grant Knoche as his track SORRY FOR THE HONESTY from COLOR ME BLUE appears; a moody track with a banger of a chorus where his voice sounds so sublime and sexy. Joshua Bassett's Christmas song for 2020, The Perfect Gift, was a nice surprise and while I didn't watch the Christmas special of HSM:TM:TS in full (I just skipped to all the parts of interest - namely Joshua lmao), the song was the best part about it. Isac Elliot's Ghost appears - probably lower than I'd have anticipated, but the quality from here is just so good. Nathan Dawe and Little Mix's collaboration, the group's final single as a four-piece, was a bit of a generic bop, but still good nonetheless, while SHY Martin and Boy In Space's collaboration Still the Same was a nice surprise. Madison Beer's latest in a long line of singles preceding the release of her album, BOYSHIT, is a fab song and another bop served. Greyson Chance's contribution to the soundtrack for Love, Victor is a cute little song, but probably my least favourite of the three songs surprisingly. BROCKHAMPTON and Dua Lipa's collaboration on Sugar is great, and Alex Sampson made an impact on my chart at the very end of the year, scoring a hit with Play Pretend - hoping for more greatness from him in 2021! Finally, Zak Abel seems to have completely gone off the radar, but he's reminded us he's still there, somewhere, with a couple of collabs. One of those is Bad, and it's such a tune - Zak sounding great on the chorus in particular.

+Quote this post
Calum
post 21st January 2021, 06:30 PM
Post #73
Group icon
nabad

Top 300 Songs of 2020

211 The Vamps - Chemicals
212 Marshmello & Demi Lovato - OK Not to Be OK
213 Cameron Dallas - Secrets
214 Sam Fischer - This City
215 Imanbek & Martin Jensen - I'm Just Feelin' (Du Du Du)
216 Fields - 48 Hours
217 Paloma Faith - Better Than This
218 Greyson Chance - Honeysuckle
219 Kylie Minogue - Supernova
220 Carla Fernandes - Jungle

Chemicals was our second taste of The Vamps' album Cherry Blossom, coming not too long after Married in Vegas, and I still think it's a great track despite the lacklustre reception from most people when it was made available. Marshmello teamed up with Demi Lovato for another mental health inspired collaboration, this time telling us it's absolutely fine not to be okay, and I love the song - much like with Be Kind too. Another Cameron Dallas track, this time Secrets which is a tune - definitely remains a highlight from Dear Scarlett. This City by Sam Fischer didn't actually chart for me, but I have listened to it a fair bit throughout the year, so I thought it had to be included somewhere. Imanbek and Martin Jensen's I'm Just Feelin' and Paloma Faith's lead single Better Than This from her album Infinite Things appear, while another Fields track, 48 Hours, also shows up in this section. Honeysuckle was a bit of a disappointment for me compared to other tracks from Greyson in 2020 like Dancing Next to Me and Bad to Myself, but it's still a pleasant enough song. Supernova is one of the clear highlights of DISCO, Kylie's fifteenth studio album, for me, while Jungle by Carla Fernandes was an excellent discovery from BJSC earlier in the year.

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post 21st January 2021, 07:52 PM
Post #74
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002

Good to see Chemicals charting... also Bad too - one of my faves of the year... I would say both are too low biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Calum
post 21st January 2021, 09:42 PM
Post #75
Group icon
nabad

QUOTE(ElectroBoy @ Jan 21 2021, 07:52 PM) *
Good to see Chemicals charting... also Bad too - one of my faves of the year... I would say both are too low biggrin.gif

Thanks ElectroBoy! biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Calum
post 23rd January 2021, 12:43 PM
Post #76
Group icon
nabad

Top 300 Songs of 2020

201 Conan Gray - The Story
202 Shawn Mendes - 305
203 Taylor Swift - Only the Young
204 Kylie Minogue - Last Chance
205 Flynn - Selling Me Love
206 Ella Henderson & AJ Mitchell - Blame It on the Mistletoe
207 Kiiara - I Still Do
208 Miles Wesley - Neighborhood
209 Grant Knoche - PAPER HOUSE
210 Lady Gaga - Plastic Doll

Conan Gray makes an appearance here with The Story, one of the beautiful tracks from his album Kid Krow, a sure highlight for me. One of the songs from Shawn Mendes' fourth album Wonder just misses the top 200 - 305 is a chilled, mellow bop that Shawn really lets rip on with the vocals towards the end. Taylor Swift's politically charged Only the Young was an understated, beautiful song that we were treated to, while more Kylie Minogue appears here with DISCO track Last Chance leaving a great impression when listening through; a real stand-out. Flynn's Selling Me Love was my favourite song from his EP released towards the end of the year; on par with his song One of Us from the beginning of the year. Ella Henderson teamed up (surprisingly) with AJ Mitchell for a Christmas single this year, and Blame It on the Mistletoe is a cute bop that they both sound great on. Kiiara and Miles Wesley appear with their songs I Still Do and Neighborhood, respectively. The latter was a major surprise for me, while Grant Knoche also appears again with his song PAPER HOUSE, a really great song. Lady Gaga's Plastic Doll was deemed one of the worst tracks on Chromatica, but for me it's such a bop and although its lyrics are more on the nose than normal for Gaga, it fits in perfectly with the rest of the album.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 23rd January 2021, 05:20 PM
Post #77
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
User: 13,530

The Story is a beauty wub.gif Honeysuckle grew on me but isn't a Greyson fave, nor is Athlete which is a cute album track really.

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 23rd January 2021, 08:21 PM
Post #78
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247

Giving Selling Me Love a listen now, I'm quite enjoying it! As seems to be a running theme I've only ever heard of Flynn before from dance features but I should check out some more of his solo stuff after hearing this.

+Quote this post
Calum
post 24th January 2021, 12:20 PM
Post #79
Group icon
nabad

QUOTE(JosephStyles @ Jan 23 2021, 05:20 PM) *
The Story is a beauty wub.gif Honeysuckle grew on me but isn't a Greyson fave, nor is Athlete which is a cute album track really.

I think the problem with Honeysuckle too is being sandwiched between Dancing Next to Me and Bad to Myself didn't do it any favours at all really kink.gif

Thanks Joseph! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(PeteFromLeeds @ Jan 23 2021, 08:21 PM) *
Giving Selling Me Love a listen now, I'm quite enjoying it! As seems to be a running theme I've only ever heard of Flynn before from dance features but I should check out some more of his solo stuff after hearing this.

Glad you're enjoying that Pete, definitely one of my favourites from him! wub.gif His EP is out there too, you should check that out because every song is so good *.*

Thanks for commenting! happy.gif

+Quote this post
Calum
post 24th January 2021, 12:21 PM
Post #80
Group icon
nabad

Top 300 Songs of 2020

191 Declan McKenna - The Key to Life on Earth
192 Katy Perry - Smile
193 AJ Tracey & Mabel - West Ten
194 Benjamin Ingrosso - The Dirt
195 Jorja Smith & Popcaan - Come Over
196 Callum Beattie - Nothing Hurts Like You
197 Joel Adams - Sick World
198 Tommy Boi - What If I Don't Want U to Go
199 Sia - Courage to Change
200 Why Don't We - Slow Down

Next up we have one of the tracks from Declan McKenna's second album Zeros, The Key to Life on Earth. It's among my favourites from the album, but the album was amazing on the whole. Katy Perry's Smile didn't do much in my chart when it was released, and even now listening back it's definitely among her weakest singles, but it's still an enjoyable bop that doesn't deserve some of the more extreme hate it gets. AJ Tracey and Mabel teamed up for bop West Ten earlier in the year, and it still sounds so good now. Benjamin Ingrosso released The Dirt before what it seems like going on to release a thousand foreign-language songs that haven't equated to anything, and it's a great song. Jorja Smith and Popcaan's Come Over was a nice surprise - I haven't really paid attention to much of Jorja's work, but this got me feeling like I definitely need to in the future. Callum Beattie, Joel Adams and Tommy Boi appear here - Nothing Hurts Like You is another beautiful track from Callum's album People Like Us, while Sick World was a stunning track from Joel commenting on the world we're living in now, and What If I Don't Want U to Go is great; another amazing one from Tommy Boi. Sia's Courage to Change finally reminded me of the Sia I know and love, despite the controversy surrounding her this year, and finally Why Don't We's Slow Down was another great track we were treated to before their second album's release.

+Quote this post

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 12:08 PM