BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Moana, 56th Disney Animated Classic
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Klaus
post Sep 16 2016, 10:55 AM
Post #1
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

'In ancient Oceania in the South Pacific, the young girl named Moana from Motinui Island is a born navigator who sets sail in search of a fabled island. During her journey, she teams up with her hero and legendary demi-god Maui.' The 56th Disney Animated Classic will be coming out later this year and features Dwayne Johnson, Nicole Scherzinger and newcomer Auli'i Cravalho amongst its cast!

I'm really excited for this as visually it looks amazing and I love the style of the culture of the South Pacific. I'm not sure what brought resulted in Disney getting back to the top of their game but I'm so glad they're back on form again. Moana looks to extend this second renaissance period even further.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Dec 14 2016, 07:21 PM
Post #2
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
This is visually gorgeous. A nice, sweet story, overall better than the trailer suggests as personally I found Maui kinda annoying in the trailer. The chicken is amazing and gets the funniest moment of the movie.

Right now I'm really rooting for "How Far I'll Go" to take home all the Best Original Song awards, it made the film for me (the Alessia Cara version in the credits is OK but nothing on Auli'i Cravalho).

The 'Inner Workings' short before the movie was also fun.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Dec 14 2016, 08:55 PM
Post #3
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
Basically agree with everything that Jack said! The visuals were a huge highlight for me especially, the water scenes were stunning. I also found Maui annoying from the trailer but thought he was a great character in the film and his tattoos provided many funny moments, he also had the best song in the film for me. I was bopping for the entirety of Your Welcome, certainly the standout son imo but I liked How Far I'll Go too. All the songs were nice actually and I liked the island elements they added to them, not a weak track but the highs weren't as high as the tracks from Frozen/Tangled etc. for me.

I also thought the short was great, love the repeated death joke and it had a nice message too. Reminded me a bit of Inside Out actually which is of course no bad thing wub.gif

+Quote this post
Linds.
post Dec 14 2016, 08:57 PM
Post #4
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176
I can't praise this enough, I saw it a couple of weeks ago and it's probably already in my top three Disney films, I adore it so much wub.gif

+Quote this post
post Dec 14 2016, 09:12 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
Your welcome was my standout too Josh!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Dec 21 2016, 08:50 PM
Post #6
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
Saw this yesterday and really loved it! It was a little bit too predictable but it was absolutely gorgeous and I loved the characters! Moana was fabulous and is already one of my favourite Disney Princesses and I loved Maui also! Also loved the grandma! I really enjoyed the first couple of battles but found the final one a little bit underwhelming though! However definitely one of the most gorgeous animations I've seen in ages and the story was really nice!

Songs-wise, loved them on the whole! The first song was really nice and I loved 'We Know The Way'! How Far I'll Go is fabulous, though unlike Let It Go I love the Auli'i and Alessia versions equally! The reprise really made it for the Auli'i version, I liked it when it was first performed but was a little underwhelmed but it fitted its 2nd use perfectly and the reprise was stunning! I was 100% sure it'd be my favourite song in the movie but surprisingly it wasn't though! It was also 'You're Welcome' for me as well! <3 It literally reminds me of a mash-up of The Lion King and 'Life's A Happy Song' from The Muppets, especially resembling the latter in the chorus! Absolutely loving it at the moment and its such a delight!

10/10

In terms of the recent Disney Renaissance:
1. Frozen
2. Zootropolis
3. Moana/Tangled/Wreck It Ralph
6. Big Hero 6

Oops really struggling to separate those 3 at #3 at the moment!! kink.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Dec 21 2016, 08:55 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
How Far I'll Go is a tune tbh

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Dec 21 2016, 10:34 PM
Post #8
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
What kind of MELODY is 'How Far I'll Go'? WHAT A POP BOP! I tell you what, I'm really excited for the Oscar Best Original Song nominations and performances this year! Strongest year in years, for me!

The film was absolutely stunning, too! Everything about it was just gorgeous. The visuals, the storyline, the characters. My favourite animation of the year tbh. Yes, I preferred it to 'Zootropolis'! My only criticism would be for purely selfish reasons and that's because I wanted more of the baby pig! sad.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Dec 24 2016, 07:38 PM
Post #9
Group icon
c:
Been listening to the soundtrack quite a bit recently and there really are some great songs. Your Welcome is still my favourite, you just get lost in how fun and toe-tapping it is, not hard to see how Moana was distracted in the actual film laugh.gif I've been loving How Far I'll Go too, it's not as good as some of the other Disney princess tracks like Let It Go/Reflection/Colours of the Wind but it's very inspiring and it's been in my head a lot recently too. Also, adoring the I AM MOANNAAAAAAA at the end of the suitabky titled, 'I Am Moana' (laugh.gif), she has such a great voice a young teenager wub.gif

+Quote this post
Cameron
post Feb 27 2017, 12:56 AM
Post #10
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061
I watched this earlier this week, absolutely outstanding!

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Feb 27 2017, 06:55 AM
Post #11
Group icon
User: 13,007
Absolutely stellar plot, characters, soundtrack, message, another true classic from D <3

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Feb 27 2017, 08:33 AM
Post #12
Group icon
c:
Nooooooo, so cringe watching it. Why did they let it go on for so long too, surely the producers knew the winners beforehand and were like wait no, he announced the wrong one, but they even like continued to put thr La La Land 'winners' graphic up and everything laugh.gif So awkward and out of the two, I wish La La Land won tbh !

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Feb 27 2017, 10:55 AM
Post #13
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
Not Josh having his own mix-up laugh.gif!!

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Feb 27 2017, 12:36 PM
Post #14
Group icon
c:
Easily done then :')

Lmao! I was looking in the mix-up thread like who deleted my post omg !!! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Live&LetDie
post May 20 2017, 03:16 PM
Post #15
Group icon
New Entry
User: 31,698
Hello to all members of the forum. smile.gif

I saw Moana today at the cinema and I must say it was one of my favourite Disney films I've seen. I really liked the heroine character (Moana herself, of course), but the storyline was nicely written too. The highlight for me though was the beautiful soundtrack. biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post May 20 2017, 10:36 PM
Post #16
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
QUOTE(Live&LetDie @ May 20 2017, 04:16 PM) *
Hello to all members of the forum. smile.gif

I saw Moana today at the cinema and I must say it was one of my favourite Disney films I've seen. I really liked the heroine character (Moana herself, of course), but the storyline was nicely written too. The highlight for me though was the beautiful soundtrack. biggrin.gif

Welcome to the forum Live&LetDie! wub.gif Great to see another poster join who likes movies! The soundtrack was definitely one of the highlights for me as well wub.gif

+Quote this post
Khappa MJ
post May 21 2017, 08:23 AM
Post #17
Group icon
New Entry
User: 24,774
another film for kids

+Quote this post
Live&LetDie
post May 21 2017, 07:45 PM
Post #18
Group icon
New Entry
QUOTE(UltraGreenLight @ May 20 2017, 11:36 PM) *
Welcome to the forum Live&LetDie! wub.gif Great to see another poster join who likes movies! The soundtrack was definitely one of the highlights for me as well wub.gif

Thank you for your kind comment. I look forward to joining in many more discussions about movies. cool.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post May 28 2017, 11:47 AM
Post #19
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
QUOTE(Live&LetDie @ May 21 2017, 08:45 PM) *
Thank you for your kind comment. I look forward to joining in many more discussions about movies. cool.gif

Great, hope you enjoy it here! So good to have a new member interested in films! <3

+Quote this post
Live&LetDie
post May 29 2017, 10:44 PM
Post #20
Group icon
New Entry
QUOTE(UltraGreenLight @ May 28 2017, 12:47 PM) *
Great, hope you enjoy it here! So good to have a new member interested in films! <3

Cheers. happy.gif

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:42 PM