BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Regina's Movie Countdowns
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Regina
post Sep 1 2017, 03:35 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

So i had my Movie reviews, which I flopped at, and a few "Favourite movie" lists, which flopped. So I've decided to just lump them all in one thread. I'll be doing countdowns (usually top 10's) of my favourite movies in general, specific kinds of movies, movie songs, actresses and actors and performances by certain people etc. Hopefully there will be something for everyone and people actually comment on this laugh.gif

First list will be later today and I'll be kicking off in a very classic ME kind of way. Be sure to be hydrated.

List collation:

Top 10 Yummiest Actors [pt.i | pt.ii]
Top 10 Amy Adams Movies [pt.i | pt.ii]
Top 10 Actors [pt. i | pt. ii]

This post has been edited by Regina: Jan 20 2018, 07:07 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Sep 1 2017, 04:33 PM
Post #2
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835
Hyped to see how this plans out ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Regina
post Sep 1 2017, 05:37 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Raining Shitter
Top 10 Yummiest Actors [part (i)]

Obviously my first list was going to be about my favourite thing in the world; hunky men.
I am well known for my amazing tastes and so below are my current* Top 10 favourite actors.
Most of them are well known for movies, a few a bit moreso for televisions
but all of them have at least shed their shirts (and more) on at least one occasion which is the main thing.

10. Ryan Kwanten

The oldest man in this countdown. Australians have a habit of not looking their age.
Ryan is going to be 41 on his Birthday. I must confess, I have not seen any True Blood episodes beyond the first
few of seaosn 1. I have seen him in Home & Away though. I mainly know him through his movies.
They are kind of flops, but really entertaining. With a hot surfers bod
and that Aussie accent, it's hard not to crush.

9. Chris Hemsworth

Basically a lot of what applies to Ryan applies to Chris here. Except his body is kind of beyond the surfer norm.
Maybe he has a bit too much muscle, but not to the point where he looks ridiculous.
He's slipped a bit in my list over the past few months simply cause I need to see him properly ACT in something, not play the hero type.

8. Shawn Ashmore

MY FIRST MAN CRUSH. WAYYYY back in the early 00's I saw X-Men and while most people went for Hugh Jackman,
I was sold on Shawn as Iceman. The Canadian hottie has even posed nudey for a photoshoot, with a Canadian flag covering his Ashmores.
Despite being a twin, I've never really crushed on Aaron, I have
been Team Shawn for a good 11 years. He used to be too skinny but now he's got a bit more meat and hair, he's becoming a major DADDY.

7. Penn Badgley

One of the newest additions, I also have never seen him in the show that people know him for, Gossip Girl.
I became aware of him in Easy A and through his music career in the band MOTHXR.
He has a really sexy speaking and singing voice, and is super hairy, alas he sometimes waxes it, which is a shame. I've seen him in interviews
and his personality seems totally adorable too, which is a plus.

6. Liam Hemsworth

Time was, Chris was my favourite Hemsworth, but recently Liam has crept up and overtaken. Why?
Well he seems a bit more in proportion muscle wise and seems a tad more hairy.
Another thing I like is that I've seen him in movies where he actually has to act and
he pulls it off better than Chris. He also can hide his accent better, in a movie
that's good, but I still love that Aussie tone.

This post has been edited by Regina: Sep 1 2017, 05:54 PM

+Quote this post
Regina
post Sep 1 2017, 07:12 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Raining Shitter
Top 10 Yummiest Actors [part (ii)]

5. Richard Madden

My Scottish baby. I've seen a little bit of him in Game of Thrones, but it was Cinderella that grabbed my attention.
If you've seen that movie then you'll know why. He's appeared in a few other things that I've seen and shows off some damn good acting
chops, and a lot of skin. He has flashed him bum in at least 3 different productions. His hairy body and grey streak in his hair are the cream on
top, with his accent being that cherry.

4. Finn Jones

The newest man here and at quite a spot, cause, obviously. Really damn attractive.
I never saw him in Game of Thrones but I adore Iron Fist, he sells that role so well. And his skinny yet toned body
is 100% yummy. In interviews he comes off as a bit mad which I love, he seems like a ton of fun. Plus with those lush curls
and eyes you cna swim in, everyone should wanna be his friend.

3. Aaron Taylor Johnson

This pure British BEEF. I never used to pay him much attention and even disliked his Quicksilver at first when I saw Age of Ultron,
but over time I've warmed to him and frankly, it's gone to boiling point. SO HOT. And also so very talented, he is chillingly captivating
in Nocturnal Animals and adorably heroic in Kick Ass. As well as his cute face, he normally rocks longer hair and is one of the few
"longhairdon'tcare" cases I approve of. And his body is a work of art.

2. Chris Evans

One of my longest standing crushes, Chris actually has a few things I prefer over Sebby, namely his covering of chest hair and tattoos.
Gives him a bit of an extra yummyness. I actually prefer him as an actor too, in fact of all the men here, Chris is my favourite actor.
He has an adorable sense of humour which is a plus, he's just had a bit less of an "let me cover you in chocolate so I can lick it off and fall
into a diabetic coma" kind of feel to him, maybe because I don't fancy eating hair. But for him I might change that view.

1. Sebastian Stan

Was it ever going to be anyone else? Like, seriously. Even my lecturers at college knew Sebby was my #1.
I even had artwork of him on the wall of our classroom.
I first got to know him in Captain America: The First Avenger but really got to love him
when I dove into Political Animals and Once Upon A Time. What is it about him that makes him so perfect?
Dat face, dem lips, dat body, dem thighs, dat butt, dem arms. DEM ARMS omfg. Everything is perfect. Also his voice is super sexy, I kinda need him
to do an aduiobook version of 50 Shades tbh.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Sep 1 2017, 07:54 PM
Post #5
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
Omg yes, Grant! What better way to start this series tbh laugh.gif

Can't argue with your #1 as he is rather gorgeous but the others in the top three do it a bit more for me. Chris Evans would probably be in my top three too (with Jake Gyllenhaal and Chris Pine) and ATJ is fiiiine too, I was crushing on him when I first saw Albert Nobbs... heehee.gif

Yes at the Hemsworths and Richard Madden in your top 10, all are gorgeous tbh. I think the former two should try more tight fitting clothes like Madden in Cinderella angel.gif

Looking forward to future editions, Grant!

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Sep 1 2017, 08:11 PM
Post #6
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
What a more you way to start the series laugh.gif

Out of the 10 I really like: Chris Hemsworth, Shawn Ashmore (I may need to google this nude photo shoot you mentioned kink.gif), Liam Hemsworth,, Richard is pretty hot, Not heard of Finn Jones before but I do like that photo you used for him so maybe one to watch kink.gif. Aaron and Chris are both crushes of mine too. Sebastian ain't half bad with the right photo either so I can see the appeal there.

+Quote this post
Regina
post Sep 2 2017, 11:30 AM
Post #7
Group icon
Raining Shitter
Glad you both generally agree laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Regina
post Sep 2 2017, 06:19 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Raining Shitter
My next list will be my Top 10 favourite Amy Adams movies. Was gonna do performances but in most cases, the movies need just as much attention.
So it's kind of a mix of her being amazing and the movie being amazing too.

Predictions of what will make it?

This post has been edited by Regina: Sep 2 2017, 06:21 PM

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Sep 2 2017, 06:22 PM
Post #9
Group icon
c:
Oooh, another countdown that is very you!

Junebug would be top of my list so I'm hoping to see that in the countdown but I'm also a big fan of Batman vs Superman, American Hustle, Nocturnal Animals, Arrival, Big Eyes, Julie & Julia and The Fighter so there's definitely plenty of tough competition!

Looking forward to it !!

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Sep 2 2017, 06:29 PM
Post #10
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
As long as Enchanted, Muppets and Nocturnal Animals make it

+Quote this post
Regina
post Sep 2 2017, 07:04 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Raining Shitter
Okay so both of you will be shocked at some of my choices kink.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Sep 3 2017, 04:02 PM
Post #12
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
What a fab first list *.* No shock at Sebby first <3 Yasss at Liam, Richard and Chris as well *.*

Hoping The Muppets/Enchanted/Arrival make it in off the top of my head wub.gif Expecting Nocturnal Animals/Enchanted slaying in particular (& ik you love romantic comedies as well so hoping The Wedding Date can sneak in!)

+Quote this post
Rajag123
post Sep 4 2017, 03:50 PM
Post #13
Group icon
New Entry
User: 39,309
it will be interesting movies i think

+Quote this post
Regina
post Sep 4 2017, 04:50 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Raining Shitter
Top 10 Amy Adams Movies [part (i)]

It's been a nightmare limiting this to ten movies and then sorting these movies out. Amy has literally never had a bad movie.
There might be some odd emissions to some people, but let's remember how many movies she's actually been in and how different each of them are.
Some have things that others don't, such as a better plot, stronger chemistry with her co-stars, general landscape etc.
Hopefully you all enjoy, and check out the ones you haven't seen.

10. Big Eyes (2014) [Amy as Margaret Keane]

I'm a sucker for a biography movie and even bigger sucker for an art based movie. I've heard of
Margarent Keane before and researched her work before so when I saw this movie I was already
aware of the story. It's not filled with a ton of action, it's a simple story well told by the main actors.
Amy plays the timid Margarent well and seeing her transition into a stronger woman is a joy to see,
that court scene is gripping. Christoph Waltz is charming and scary all in one.

9. Her (2013) [Amy as Amy]

I wish she had been given the awards nominations for this over American Hustle.
I really think she'd have won more. She gives such a charming and warm performance to an already lovely movie.
Amy has an electic chemsistry with Joaquin and, like I said, there is a warmth to this movie, something she
nails all the time. There are so many things to love about this movie; the glimpse into the not so distant future,
the way people deal with love and life and the biggest draw of all IMO,
how a man and woman can be close friends with love an affection but without it being sexual.
The last scenes with Amy and Joaquin on the roof are gorgeous.

8. Sunshine Cleaning (2008) [Amy as Rose Norkowski]

A pretty light hearted movie on the whole, that revolves around a rather grim subject matter;
crime scene cleaning. Something I like to see in movies is a normal family being portrayed and you get this in this movie.
Amy and Emily Blunt play a really believable set of sisters, one who feels like she
needs to look after the other. Alan Arkin is the kind of grandpa we all want too tbh.
Despite the rosy appearence she gives, there are glimpses of darkness in Amy's
character and you really root for her, you want her to suceed in life and in her business.

7. Julie & Julia (2009) [Amy as Julie Powell]

Meryl Streep and Amy proved twice how billiant they are together, even though they never share
screentime in this movie. Overflowing with joy and food, this is the definition of feel good.
I actually had no idea who Julia Child was so assumed Meryl was making it all up
but apparantly she was real and very much as depicted. Amy plays someone who
I think we can all relate to, a bit bored with life and
wanting to spice it up a bit. It's a brilliant concept for movie, and all of it is true.
Amy's character is based on a real woman.
The food in this tho, omfg. YUM.

6. Miss Pettigrew Lives For A Day (2008) [Amy as Delysia Lafosse]

Movies that take place in a set limited timeframe can be a bit boring but in this, the two main
characters get up to so much that you forget it's all one day. Despite being an airhead and a bit of a $l*t (dating 3 men at once,
you can't help but love Amy's character in this, and Frances McDormand brilliantly plays the more solemn and stern side of this duo.
You don't expect two such different women to actually get on but they do, and it never feels forced, you can see a geniune
respect in each of them for one another. There is a real pull in the
heartstrings when they say goodbye at the end. There is also a touching scene during an air raid that shows off these two women's
amazing acting tp their finest

+Quote this post
Last Dreamer
post Sep 4 2017, 07:45 PM
Post #15
Group icon
With Kristina in heart
User: 28,104
Enchanted is obvious # 1.
Don't know why but I think "Muppets" and "Leap Year" are in your top 5.

+Quote this post
Regina
post Sep 4 2017, 08:00 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Raining Shitter

Top 10 Amy Adams Movies [part (ii)]

5. Nocturnal Animals (2016) [Amy as Susan Morrow]

Having seen this a few more times, I think that this could be one of my favourite book to
movie adaptions ever. Amy delivered two stunning performances in 2016, so she was scuppered when
it came to awards season. I do think she might have won for this role, perhaps the stylish look and gripping story
would appeal more than the more complicated sci-fi epic Arrival. Amy isn't even the best thing about this movie, Aaron
Taylor Johnson steals the show totally, but she gives him a run for this money. This movie is so stylish, the music and dressings
all combine to add to the intense and at times disturbing story.

4. Enchanted (2007) [Amy as Giselle]

Amy's role as the lead in this Disney movie brought her to the big time moreso than Junebug I think, She is the perfect person
for a role like this, I can't think fo anyone else who'd do this role as good as her. Even though it has all the typical Dinsey things you want,
this movie goes beyond that and shows us a character who learns there is more than love at first sight and happily ever afters. Seeing Giselle
adjust to New York is sweet, she learns the harsher realities of life without losing any of her wide eyed optimism. Her chemistry with Patrick Dempsey
is electric and her motherly instincts with his character's daughter are beyond cute. Bonus points for having Idina Menzel in a non singing role.

3. Trouble With The Curve (2012) [Amy as Mickey]

I know nothing about baseball, just enough to understand the basics of this movie. Luckily it's more than a sports movie, it's about family and
love and loss. Clint Eastwood and Amy work so well together that you can believe they are father and daughter. Also, I don't think she's ever had as much
on screen electricity as she does with Justin Timberlake, they seem like they had so much fun and tbh if they were single I'd ship it. Amy doesn't often play
street smart women so seeing her handle a drunken letch in a bar after slaying him at pool was a realy YASS moment, it also made seeing her soften up
with Justin's character more enjoyable as it's made clear she doesn't let herself get close to men easily. SO seeing her stip down to her undies and make out
with him in a lake is another MOMENT, can't really get closer than that. So don't be put off by the baseball theme, it's a key plot point but nothing deep that it distracts.

2. Arrival (2016) [Amy as Louise Banks]

I've said that maybe she might be more likely to nab an Oscar for Nocturnal Animals, but this movie also was worthy of one.
Amy has done sc-fi before to an extent in Superman, but here she isn't the damsel or girlfriend, she IS the hero. And not only that,
but she is a hero because of her brain and understanding of humanity, not any other kind of power. Seeing the army AKA a whole bunch of men come to
her AKA a woman, for help is a real leap for feminism. SHE is the one in charge. SHE is the one who manages to figure out what nobody else could.
It's a movie that might need more than one viewing to fully understand but worth it. It also has a twist that nobody saw coming and the way it's delivered
really changes your whole perspective of the movie. Brilliantly done. Amy is backed up by two amazing actors in the form of Forest Whitaker and Jeremy Renner.
Amy and Jeremy have been friends for years and you can see that here, there's no hint of barriers between them and the last scenes of them together are
so touching and feel real.

1. Leap Year (2010) [Amy as Anna Brady]

A few of you might remember me calling this my all time favourite movie, and if not, you know now.
Was anything other than a Rom Com gonna win? Maybe, Arrival nearly topped this tbh. But I have loved this movie for years and never tire
of it, even though I can almost recite the script from start to finish. Having been to Ireland many times, I can appreciate the landscapes and
remember seeing a few people like the ones Amy encounters on her mad journey to get to Dublin. Matthew Goode is a lush leading man and even
though he's gruff and a bit mean to her, you can tell that he feels protective of her throughout and once they begin to warm to each other in the B&B,
it just gets even better. Two total opposites who bring the best out in one another. There are a ton of really sweet moments, but one of my favourites is
near the end when Declan (Matthew) thinks Anna (Amy) has gotten on a bus and left him, but she's just gone for coffee. Both Anna and the audience can
see how much he's grown to feel for her over their adventure and even though they had softened to one another already, this might be the moment where
they properly fall in love. The proposal is really sweet too, the prooer one at the end. Also, it's the only movie where you might feel for a suitcase,
Louie is like a third person going on this trip.

This post has been edited by Regina: Sep 4 2017, 10:36 PM

+Quote this post
Last Dreamer
post Sep 4 2017, 08:08 PM
Post #17
Group icon
With Kristina in heart
User: 28,104
I was sure in Rom Com win.
Used to like that movie genre in past, but didn't watch any films in last 4-5 years.

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Sep 4 2017, 08:45 PM
Post #18
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
I love Enchanted and Nocternal Animals. I need to see a lot more Amy Adams movies though as I do think she is very talented. Certainly want to check out Big Eyes, Her and Arrival. I should check out the others in this list to the number one could be risky though as I am quite picky with rom coms tho laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Sep 5 2017, 12:07 PM
Post #19
Group icon
c:
Seen five of those on the list (Big Eyes, Her, Julie & Julia, Nocturnal Animals and Arrival!) and love them all so yay at your taste. I'm a bit gutted that Junebug didn't make the list though and shocked that Enchanted wasn't #1, that was my prediction ohmy.gif

I agree with you about ATJ stealing the show in Nocturnal Animals though, he really was utterly terrifying. I can't believe he was overlooked at the Oscars in favour of Michael Shannon who pretty much did nothing drama.gif

+Quote this post
Regina
post Sep 8 2017, 05:54 PM
Post #20
Group icon
Raining Shitter
Another list to hit this weekend hopefully.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:07 PM