BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
24 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Tory fibs and fabrishications thread, Mk III, Ready for Rishi Rich
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Iz 🌟
post 10th February 2023, 03:22 AM
Post #61
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

I am appreciating the round of kicking the media is doing to 30p Lee getting appointed deputy Tory chairman, perhaps it will start to move some people over into 'wait, they really are all like that' territory. Though he's probably the most outwardly disgusting Conservative MP and I don't make that distinction lightly.

We appear to be losing Nadine Dorries at the next election though. SAD. I was hoping she'd continue to be an ineffectual troublemaker, plus this probably gives us a great clue as to where Johnson is getting himself parachuted once Uxbridge begins to look like a lost cause.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Doomsday Dong
post 10th February 2023, 06:57 PM
Post #62
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

Jeremy HHHHUnt is lying, saying the UK has the fsdtedt growin economy!!! rotf.gif

+Quote this post
Smint
post 10th February 2023, 09:37 PM
Post #63
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 124,514

Even if it was (and of course that's utter horsepoo) it will all go to the wealthiest 1-2% and the rest of the population would have to work harder and for less in real times. People are waking up to this crap even if way too little too late.

+Quote this post
Doomsday Dong
post 10th February 2023, 09:40 PM
Post #64
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

Pinocchio was saying that codswallop SECOND bsfore goinf on about price increases etc!!! rotf.gif Incredible!! The Tories have done a number on this country, egged on by people like Chris, funnelling momey to the wealthy and asset-stripping EVERYTHING they can get their money-grubbing paws on.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 18th February 2023, 10:21 PM
Post #65
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

The latest rumours about the big fat liar are that he will embark on the chicken run to either Henley (the seat he held before he took a career move to stand as London Mayor) and neighbouring Wantage. The house he is said to be buying (at £4m rather expensive for someone who needs the state to pay his legal fees) is in Wantage but very close to Henley.

Interestingly, UK Polling Report has both seats (currently fairly safe Tory seats) as being very close. Wantage is effectively a three-way tie with the Tories just ahead of Labour with the Lib Dems a strong third. In Henley the Tory lead is slightly higher (but still very low) with the Lib Dems just ahead of Labour. In each case Johnson is easily beatable as long as opponents rally behind the right candidate.

+Quote this post
Smint
post 19th February 2023, 10:20 PM
Post #66
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

Grrrr and Johnson is apparently leading a rebellion of the ERG nutters against Sunak because he might do a vaguely sensible deal on N Ireland protocol. But there's political mileage in UK being destructively obnoxious and unlawful towards the EU still...

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 19th February 2023, 10:55 PM
Post #67
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Smint @ Feb 19 2023, 10:20 PM) *
Grrrr and Johnson is apparently leading a rebellion of the ERG nutters against Sunak because he might do a vaguely sensible deal on N Ireland protocol. But there's political mileage in UK being destructively obnoxious and unlawful towards the EU still...

To put it another way, Johnson wants to press ahead with legislation that allows the government to renege on an agreement he signed and described as a fantastic deal.

+Quote this post
Doomsday Dong
post 1st March 2023, 03:41 PM
Post #68
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

"The energy minister has refused to apologise for soaring household bills, blaming instead the “dire situation” inherited from the Labour government."

Soooi where were these bills in 2010?! The Tories are a fufking DISGRACE and need to go.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 1st March 2023, 04:12 PM
Post #69
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

There will be people voting at the next election who hadn't started school when Labour were last in power, yet the Tories still think that government is responsible for everything bad under this shower.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 9th March 2023, 01:21 AM
Post #70
Group icon

The 'small boats' rhetoric continue to be incredibly disgusting and dehumanising (with typical cowardly non-pushback from Labour in a way that matters) but not only is the UK more concerned with impugning a sports presenter for making accurate 1930s comparisons... this is the sort of tweet that should sink a PM.

yeah let's NOT help trafficked people that's sure to go well

+Quote this post
Smint
post 9th March 2023, 12:31 PM
Post #71
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

Yep it will only increase people smuggling as victims wouldn't dare to approach authorities.

This hatred is the only thing Tories have left. Just today far right Italian coalition partner Mateo Salvini was praising their policy.

This post has been edited by Smint: 9th March 2023, 12:53 PM

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post 9th March 2023, 04:32 PM
Post #72
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561

QUOTE(Iz 💀 @ Mar 9 2023, 01:21 AM) *
The 'small boats' rhetoric continue to be incredibly disgusting and dehumanising (with typical cowardly non-pushback from Labour in a way that matters) but not only is the UK more concerned with impugning a sports presenter for making accurate 1930s comparisons... this is the sort of tweet that should sink a PM.

yeah let's NOT help trafficked people that's sure to go well

I enjoyed Paloma Faith's reply to this tweet. I also LOL'd at Cold War Steve's post today..

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 9th March 2023, 06:16 PM
Post #73
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

What did Paloma say?

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 9th March 2023, 06:16 PM
Post #74
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I googled it... perfect description tbh.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 9th March 2023, 06:25 PM
Post #75
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Got sucked into that twat Mike Longson's responses... wish we could ship him to Rawanda instead along with all the racist self serving Tories

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 9th March 2023, 06:29 PM
Post #76
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

It's obviously grim, but the desperation's showing and I don't think it's gonna do much for them overall. Look at the Rwanda plan now. It's just dog whistles to the alt-right with non-issues cos it's all they have left when the nation is in a crisis entirely of their doing. Ironic really, as Rishi is clearly too left-wing for who he's targetting so he's unlikely to have their backing.

And yeah lol that the whole Gary Linekar thing being a convenient scapegoat to blame the lefty BBC for all the problems. Funny that it's never a right-wing or pro-government view that gets criticised for breaking impartiality, almost like they're the ones endorsing it (Hi Laura K xx)

+Quote this post
Silas
post 9th March 2023, 06:43 PM
Post #77
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

All of this reminds me a lot of what happened in Australia like a decade ago. They had a lot of tough rhetoric about boat arrivals and continue to do some abhorrent things (they are the inspiration for Rwanda)

Wasn’t there some Australian strategist employed by the Tories at one point? Wonder if they are going through the LNP playbook that got Tony Abbot elected

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post 9th March 2023, 07:14 PM
Post #78
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561

There was an article in Byline Times about the so-called impartiality of the BBC. https://bylinetimes.com/2023/03/09/gary-lin...tiality-crisis/

Lewis Goodall also explained on his Newsagents podcast how Robbie Gibb (Theresa May's former director of communications in No 10, now on the BBC board..) made his job - holding the government to account - very difficult. Probably a deciding factor in him deciding to leave.

QUOTE(Silas @ Mar 9 2023, 06:43 PM) *
All of this reminds me a lot of what happened in Australia like a decade ago. They had a lot of tough rhetoric about boat arrivals and continue to do some abhorrent things (they are the inspiration for Rwanda)
Wasn’t there some Australian strategist employed by the Tories at one point? Wonder if they are going through the LNP playbook that got Tony Abbot elected

Yeah it was Lynton Crosby. It's also a very Rupert Murdoch strat.

Also in 2017, Lineker tweeted out 'Bin Corbyn.' The silence from those currently outraged, for a (IMO) very much more political tweet was pretty deafening at the time.

+Quote this post
Smint
post 9th March 2023, 07:21 PM
Post #79
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

Well at least it's stopped the Mail screaming about that Starmer Se Grey non story bollocks for a bit.

Gary Lineker isn't going to fold on this and that's wonderful.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 14th March 2023, 05:10 AM
Post #80
Group icon

Second reading of the Illegal Migration Bill passes, amid protests outside of Parliament, the comedown of the Lineker story and Braverman "refusing to be hectored by out of touch lefties" (not much you can do about that, love, they outnumber you)

+Quote this post

24 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 4th June 2024, 08:42 PM