BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Will the United Kingdom ever win the ESC again?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Will the United Kingdom ever win the ESC again?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 35
Guests cannot vote 
BaeErik
post Apr 4 2018, 09:37 AM
Post #21
Group icon
New Entry
User: 17,532
The BBC need to involve the record companies and do a joint effort. The artists need a professional context to thrive in, where there is a past and a future in the music business. They need professional backing in the studio, with song production and staging. I think it's pretty hopelessly futile and amateurish BBC doing an in-house yearly event, possibly (at best) hiring some competence and hope they'll get a lucky shot at a good placing or even a win. That is probably the only option for San Marino, but certainly not for the UK.

Despite common belief, I think the record companies would jump at the opportunity. It is business after all and long lines of songwriters and artists would sacrifice their hands for a chance. Not safe established artists but the semi-established and emergent ones.

Yes - the UK could win next year
No - BBC would probably not want to let go of esc monopoly and continue to associate it with ABBA
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Apr 4 2018, 03:53 PM
Post #22
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
QUOTE(Midge @ Apr 4 2018, 08:31 AM) *
God I always hate this question and particularly the generic responses you always see WHEREVER it is asked.

It is a tired question isn't it? I've got a better idea.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Apr 5 2018, 12:00 AM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845
I went with maybe and i would say this for all countries. Any country with the right song at the right time and staged well can win.

+Quote this post
Tangela
post Apr 5 2018, 07:33 AM
Post #24
Group icon
Tangelic
User: 23,643
QUOTE(Feel_The_Fever @ Apr 5 2018, 01:00 AM) *
I went with maybe and i would say this for all countries. Any country with the right song at the right time and staged well can win.

This is also what I think for any country.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Apr 5 2018, 10:19 PM
Post #25
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639
Maybe.

Listening to the songs again., I think Legends should have won. It's different, like Not Your Toy, and a bop.

We just need to evolve our thinking about what modern Eurovision is. However, with our big acts too embarrassed to do it...

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:02 PM