BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Battle of the albums., Choose one
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
ARTPOP vs Joanne what’s your favourite album?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 19
Guests cannot vote 
Jordanlee
post Jul 11 2019, 03:05 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
ARTPOP and Joanne both deserved better in my opinion!!

After the huge successes of The Fame / The Fame Monster then Born This Way the public opinion kinda turned on Gaga during her next two solo eras ARTPOP and Joanne.

The albums aren’t comparable at all tbf.

What’s your favourite though and thoughts on the two of them.

Joanne wins for me. It impacted me more and feels more natural. Her voice is also better used on Joanne vocally it’s pretty strong and the one collaboration on there works well too. It’s an album I feel she wanted to make and it was probably against what her label wanted but she did it anyway. I loved the looks from this era too stripped back Gaga. Million Reasons becoming one of her signature ballads was a moment. The live performances I loved too.

Diamond Heart and Dancin’ In Circles we’re robbed as singles too!

ARTPOP is great in its own way though. But it didn’t impact me that much. I was concerned for her during that era too sad.gif
ARTPOP really doesn’t show off her vocals though in my opinion. Each of her albums bar maybe The Fame bar re release have real vocal moments on it. It doesn’t feel as natural. I feel it’s a tad overworked. The versions of tracks we heard at the Apple Music Festival in the September of 2013 were better than the album versions. Some of the tracks from the album worked better live as well for me like on the tour. ARTPOPs my least fave Gaga era tbh (it’s weird bc I still love the album) but if I was to lose one album from her discography it’d be that for me (but I still love the album!!) I feel the same way about ARTPOP as I do about Xtinas Lotus album in the sense that it’s great but she’s topped it before and after.

This post has been edited by Jordan Lee: Jul 11 2019, 03:22 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jade
post Jul 11 2019, 03:09 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810
'ARTPOP' for sure, the production is a mess in places (e.g. 'Swine's tumble dryer production x) but there are a lot of songs I return to from that album. The likes of 'Gypsy', 'Sexxx Dreams', 'Do What U Want' and the title track for example. 'Joanne' is a solid body of work but less to my taste and with highs that are not as high.

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post Jul 11 2019, 03:12 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043
Definitely ARTPOP. There isn't one song I dislike and I regularly return to it whereas Joanne was actually quite a dull listen for me and it's very rare that I return to it.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Jul 11 2019, 03:19 PM
Post #4
Group icon
User: 13,007
ARTPOP for me personally but Joanne is brilliant and so important for her whereas ARTPOP was her at her lowest so it's bittersweet that I prefer it.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Jul 11 2019, 04:07 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
Joanne's a better and stronger album as a whole for me, it's more accomplished. ARTPOP is half good, but a lot of it is ruined by the way she's shouting her way through most of the songs. Plus there are some absolute shockers on there (looking at you 'Jewels + Drugz', 'Donatella' etc).

+Quote this post
pippa
post Jul 11 2019, 05:41 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031
Joanne.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post Jul 11 2019, 07:13 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
QUOTE(Tawdry Hepburn @ Jul 11 2019, 05:07 PM) *
Joanne's a better and stronger album as a whole for me, it's more accomplished. ARTPOP is half good, but a lot of it is ruined by the way she's shouting her way through most of the songs. Plus there are some absolute shockers on there (looking at you 'Jewels + Drugz', 'Donatella' etc).

I low key love Jewels N Drugs.
Donatella and Dope are definite skips.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Jul 12 2019, 09:16 AM
Post #8
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
I'll always MUCH prefer 'Dope' as 'I Wanna Be With You', from the iTunes fest. For me "I need you more than dope" just doesn't scan.

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post Jul 12 2019, 11:18 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 10,275
I'd say Joanne. They are very different to each other though.

+Quote this post
davidas
post Jul 16 2019, 01:35 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 70,067
ARTPOP 100000000000000000000000000%!

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Aug 2 2019, 10:11 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639
I didn't like either, but Artpop is probably better than the tuneless, boring Joanne.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post Aug 3 2019, 09:37 AM
Post #12
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54
Joanne by miles for me. It's grown in my affections so much since it was released and it's probably the album I play most of hers these days. ARTPOP is just a mess of an album, it's all over the place and very few of the tracks really hold up on their own tbh.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Aug 3 2019, 09:44 AM
Post #13
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
Joanne. By a considerable distance. The only thing that ARTPOP has going for it in favour of Joanne, for me, is that it has MUCH higher highs, but there's only like 4 of them (would be one more </3 ugh R Kelly sleep.gif) and I really think the worst on ARTPOP is some of the absolute worst of her career.

+Quote this post
Mixxer
post Aug 3 2019, 10:21 AM
Post #14
Group icon
#SaveLoveGame
User: 23,178
Voted for ARTPOP, even tho Joanne feels like a stronger album.

Top 5

- Applause
- Do What U Want
- Sexxx Dreams
- Manicure
- G.U.Y.

- Diamond Heart
- Million Reasons
- Sinner's Prayer
- Hey Girl
- Dancing in Circles

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:34 PM