BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)
If you have forgotten your password and a recovery email has not arrived, please click here to send us an email.

23 Pages V  « < 21 22 23  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> bjsc:xxxiii · final__RESULTS, SEMI + FINAL RESULT: p19
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Qassändra
post 25th April 2011, 09:32 PM
Post #441
Group icon
DROTTNING!
User: 480

QUOTE(Dandy* @ Apr 25 2011, 10:26 PM) *
I've been looking back through some of the previous entries and some of them are remarkably famous... The Verve's Bittersweet Symphony is the one that springs immediately to mind as being the worst offender, in what way was that ever going to be a new discovery for anyone!

There are LOADS of ridiculous ones, the contest took a while to get into the proper swing of things. I'd say this is the first contest we've ever had where there's not been a single entry I can say is likely to be a massive hit in the next few weeks or has already been (where most have been aware) where there's also been a lot of enthusiasm.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Sabrewulf
post 25th April 2011, 09:34 PM
Post #442
Group icon
All hail the mighty Pingu
User: 5,921

Congrats Batidas, a nice song. smile.gif

16th for Dalisska, not too bad. Especially for a song I was really unsure how it would be received.

I'm not sure if Dalisska will be able to take part in the next BJSC though, probably not because of exams.

This post has been edited by Sabrewulf: 25th April 2011, 09:39 PM

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 25th April 2011, 09:36 PM
Post #443
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

QUOTE(Dandy* @ Apr 25 2011, 10:26 PM) *
I've been looking back through some of the previous entries and some of them are remarkably famous... The Verve's Bittersweet Symphony is the one that springs immediately to mind as being the worst offender, in what way was that ever going to be a new discovery for anyone!

There was a long period where a lot of people used to moan that 'everyone should be able to send their favourite song whatever it is' whilst the other half of us argued that sending something like that was completely pointless and indeed, wouldn't be a discovery to anyone, a very good point being that sending and voting on chart and future hits is about as fun as sitting down and ranking the multichart laugh.gif

But you'd be surprised how 50/50 it always was, a massive proportion of people were intent that they should be able to send whatever, even though it was quietly destroying the contest with at least one song that everyone already knew guaranteed a top five placing almost every month. It came to a head in XIV where 7 or 8 songs literally on the brink of becoming smash hits finished inside the top ten. Those 'for' sending whatever you liked argued that one or two 'cheap' songs doing well every month didn't matter, but for me personally it definitely did, I just didn't see why the latest promoted to hell/hyped up Alesha Dixon or Pink single should take away a top three position from an inspired entry that was a discovery to all.

+Quote this post
Jester
post 27th April 2011, 10:18 PM
Post #444
Group icon
Right in front of my salad?!
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12

Hits, I have now added your award biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Hitstastic
post 28th April 2011, 05:39 PM
Post #445
Group icon
Sundream
User: 10,347

QUOTE(Jester @ Apr 27 2011, 11:18 PM) *
Hits, I have now added your award biggrin.gif

My first award. wub.gif Thanks Jester, the first of MANY I'm sure? laugh.gif (watch out Tyrren tongue.gif ).

+Quote this post

23 Pages V  « < 21 22 23
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 22nd September 2024, 11:37 PM