BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lemonade ~ One year later
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Botchia
post Apr 26 2017, 08:46 PM
Post #1
I Drink Wine
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

Apparently it's been a year since Lemonade was released ohmy.gif

So what are your thoughts after a year living with it?

For me, it's her best album. The message from start to finish and the way in which the album is structured and crafted is perfect. I love all the different styles and genre influences she's got going on, it's so diverse.

Trackwise, Freedom has become my favourite song by her. It's so stunning and empowering! I wasn't too keen on All Night at first, but it's become one of the best with time. It ends off the narrative so well before she throws Formation at us <3 Others like Sorry and Daddy Lessons remain incredible as well. I just don't get bored of Lemonade at all.

I think she's gonna find it very hard to top this ohmy.gif She's set such a high standard for herself going forward!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Apr 26 2017, 09:01 PM
Post #2
is in hibernation
Group: Banned
Member No.: 21,161

The message and visuals throughout this album are UNDOUBTEDLY her best but the audio isn't as strong as Beyoncé for me, that was seriously incredible and one of the best albums I've ever listened to though. heart.gif Not to say it's bad! Formation, Sorry and Freedom still have me bowing down a year on but there's a few duds on here which I honestly couldn't say for Beyoncé.

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Apr 26 2017, 09:01 PM
Post #3
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,007

Won't ever top BEYONCÉ but a very solid album.

All Night is the one I return to most often, unlike self-titled I don't actually play the album from start to finish as much.

+Quote Post
DiamondHeart
post Apr 26 2017, 09:23 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Regular
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,698
   No Gallery Pics

Still my favourite Beyoncé album of the six, closely followed by 4. Favourite tracks a year on include 6 Inch, Pray You Catch Me, Hold Up and All Night. I loved Don't Hurt Yourself and Daddy Lessons but they haven't aged as favourably as some of the other tracks for me.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Apr 26 2017, 10:06 PM
Post #5
I feel so seen in the night
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

The music on this album wasn't as good as her eponymous album (her best album *.*) but I feel like this is probably her most important record so far message-wise. I had instant love for 'Don't Hurt Yourself', '6 Inch', 'Freedom' and 'Formation' and they all remain incredible. 'All Night' and 'Sorry' have also been growers, the single treatment probably helped kink.gif don't go back to any of the other songs at all, 'Hold Up' in particular is one of her worst songs. So an album that I appreciate the concept of and that has very high highs, but I rarely go back to the whole album and just stick with the highlights. Unlike BEYONCÉ which I will still return to in full.

+Quote Post
Davidson
post Apr 26 2017, 10:46 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 11,847
   No Gallery Pics

Due to the film and how important the whole message of the album was, this is not only by far and away her best work to me but takes it rightful place in my top 5 albums of all time.

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Apr 27 2017, 07:41 AM
Post #7
c:
Member No.: 20,692

I still don't know if this or self-titled are her best album but both are 10/10 albums anyway. My highlights are still Don't Hurt Yourself, 6 Inch, Sorry and Hold Up but everything still sounds great really, Formation still gets me too! I know it'll probably be a while yet but I'm so excited to see where she goes with the next album after two incredibly exciting albums.

Edit: Freedom is soooo overrated though, it's like the worst track for me laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Atonement
post Apr 27 2017, 10:54 AM
Post #8
I just had to see your face to feel alive
Member No.: 10,676
   No Gallery Pics

I only listened to it a handful of times to be honest. I didn't particularly dislike it but there was nothing that made me keep coming back like 'Drunk in Love' and 'Haunted' did for BEYONCÉ.

+Quote Post
blacksquare
post Apr 27 2017, 12:51 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 23,471
   No Gallery Pics

Her best album, an important album, and one of the best released last year.

Solange and Beyoncé really did help elevate music in 2016.

This post has been edited by blacksquare: Apr 27 2017, 12:51 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:15 AM