BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Polo G - The Goat, 2nd album
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Brer
post Jun 2 2020, 04:07 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
User: 8,300
This album came out a couple of weeks ago to no interest on BuzzJack (though it's done pretty well commercially, making #2 in the US and #6 in the UK), just posting a thread for it now as I want to highlight this song from it which is hitting pretty hard at the moment given what's going on in the USA right now.

Flipping a sample from 2Pac's classic 'Changes' with similar lyrical themes, a depressing reminder of how little has changed with regards to police brutality and the experience of black people in the US since that song came out in 1992.

As for the rest of the album, I've heard most of it (the singles + other songs that charted on the Hot 100 last week) and this song is the clear highlight, a lot of his other songs kind of blend into one with similar moody melodic trap flows & instrumentals, but he definitely seems to have more substance to him lyrically than most other artists in the same lane so he has some clear potential. '21', 'Don't Believe The Hype' and 'Flex' (feat. Juice WRLD) are the best of the other songs I've heard.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:45 AM