BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Lil Dicky - Freaky Friday (feat. Chris Brown), And Ed Sheeran, DJ Khaled and err... Kendall Jenner
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post Mar 31 2018, 02:36 PM
Post #41
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
QUOTE(Mack. @ Mar 31 2018, 12:18 AM) *
It was Chris Brown, they were joking around apparently.
This song makes me no sense to me.
You'd think he'd be a bit more careful nowadays and to me, it shows that he will never change and he really isn't sorry for what he's done. Whether it's a "joke" or not, this cannot be cast off as one. At no point is strangling a woman (or anyone) a "joke". I don't understand why they're trying to pass it off as that. Even if the woman was in on it, he clearly has violent tendancies and at what point do you even get someone to agree to being strangled? "Ohhh I know what will be funny. If I strangle you [or you strangle me] it'll be soooo funny lololololol"

QUOTE(Jack @ Mar 31 2018, 11:00 AM) *
I am for once with Cqmerqn, people saying it “deserves” success. Chris Brown does not deserve success in the f***ing slightest. He is an absolute pig and by streaming/downloading this trash we are just validating his behaviour.
Completely agreed. It pisses me off that he seemingly still has any sort of career. It's vile.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Mar 31 2018, 05:46 PM
Post #42
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
I think Chris Brown is abhorrent as a person and I'm quite amazed that his career didn't die off after the Rihanna incident but I wouldn't agree that downloading or streaming the track validates his behaviour. Some just find it easier than others to separate an artist's personality from their music. His past doesn't matter to me when the song is playing because it's a few minutes of light-hearted enjoyment! Doesn't mean I like him as a person (or even as an artist, I very rarely like a Chris Brown song) and I certainly don't condone what he did. (having said that, I haven't downloaded or streamed it)

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post Mar 31 2018, 05:58 PM
Post #43
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223
If that was the case then people like Janet Jackson and Iggy Azalea would still be getting hits. I get what you mean, but I do get the impression that unfortunately a lot of people don’t see what he’s done as a big deal sad.gif.

I like the song itself and do like quite a few of his songs but I won’t ever stream or listen to it legally.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post Apr 1 2018, 12:22 AM
Post #44
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915
QUOTE(Jonjo @ Mar 31 2018, 03:36 PM) *
You'd think he'd be a bit more careful nowadays and to me, it shows that he will never change and he really isn't sorry for what he's done. Whether it's a "joke" or not, this cannot be cast off as one. At no point is strangling a woman (or anyone) a "joke". I don't understand why they're trying to pass it off as that. Even if the woman was in on it, he clearly has violent tendancies and at what point do you even get someone to agree to being strangled? "Ohhh I know what will be funny. If I strangle you [or you strangle me] it'll be soooo funny lololololol"

Completely agreed. It pisses me off that he seemingly still has any sort of career. It's vile.

He don't give a monkeys. No I don't see that as a joke. He always be a volatile person. I wouldn't if he got into trouble again. It was vile what he did to Rihanna. I'm amazed myself he still has a career.

+Quote this post
Dexton
post Apr 1 2018, 01:28 AM
Post #45
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045
I fully understand that many people do not like Chris Brown, what he has done in the past is unforgivable I agree however does everyone feel the same about other celebrities with similar if not worst pasts?

Johnny Depp’s divorce with Amber Heard came from “psychological and physical abuse” with her lawyer providing startling images of her covered in bruises.

Similarly Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie’s divorce came shorter after an altercation on a flight where Brad was arguing with his teenage son which apparently escalated.

Jon Hamm was involved in a serious hazing incident in college which left a pledge with a fractured spine, he also almost lost a kidney.

Sean Penn (against Madonna), Emma Roberts (against Evan Peters), Mel Gibson (against Oksana Grigorieva), Charlie Sheen (against Brooke Mueller), and countless NFL players have also been charged with forms of domestic abuse and in some cases battery yet in many cases continue to have successful careers.

Keith Moon of The Who was involved a drunk driving incident where his own chauffeur was crushed under a limo driven by Moon whilst trying to drive through a crowd to escape paparazzi/drunk people.

I’m not trying to make up for what Brown did in any way at all but it’s a very interesting and heartbreaking subject to see how some celebrities are hung out to dry in the public eye whereas others aren’t affected in the slightest by their own controversy’s.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Apr 1 2018, 11:22 AM
Post #46
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
User: 5,042
Personally, apart from Brad (which I'll explain in a min), I don't really care for any of those names you mentioned laugh.gif. So I guess not? But actors and actresses to me, are different. I don't invest in them as much as I do the film/tv shows they are in etc... When I watch a film, I very rarely watch it coz "so and so is in it". I'll watch it because I like the idea of the film or the trailer intrigues me etc.. and there are other elements to it, unlike songs/popstars. I invest in the artist a lot with music. Which is why I think it's harder for popstars to bounce back from their troubled lives/controversies.

Example: The lead singer from Lost Prophets. Had it been "just the drummer" and not the singer, I think they would've just replaced him and we'd have new material from them etc... but with it being the lead singer and essentially the face of the group, it was much harder to come back from.

Brad Pitt I genuinely had no idea about the altercation until you just mentioned it. Usually I just see that they split and don't really invest anymore tbh. But Brad is someone who I respect as an actor, he's one of my favourite actors and (I don't know how true those reports are/if they're confirmed) if it is true, then I'll be disappointed, but it's not gonna make me think any less of 'Se7en' or 'Fight Club' etc... Coz I invest in the films and not so much the actors (if that makes sense laugh.gif)

Basically, I feel like most of the time, with music, if you get an interest in a song/album, then you become invested in the artist, which I find to be different if it's anyone in film or TV etc..

+Quote this post
Dircadirca
post Apr 1 2018, 11:47 AM
Post #47
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 19,614
QUOTE(Jonjo @ Apr 1 2018, 07:22 PM) *
Brad Pitt I genuinely had no idea about the altercation until you just mentioned it. Usually I just see that they split and don't really invest anymore tbh. But Brad is someone who I respect as an actor, he's one of my favourite actors and (I don't know how true those reports are/if they're confirmed) if it is true, then I'll be disappointed, but it's not gonna make me think any less of 'Se7en' or 'Fight Club' etc... Coz I invest in the films and not so much the actors (if that makes sense laugh.gif)

In all fairness, Brad would have to do a lot more to be the sour link in a film with Kevin Spacey tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Rampage
post Apr 1 2018, 06:18 PM
Post #48
Group icon
New Entry
User: 38,268
Funny track.I always happy when he releases a new song

+Quote this post
All★bySmashMouth
post Apr 1 2018, 08:19 PM
Post #49
Group icon
former insolent era FM11
Pronouns: he
User: 7,795
Can a mod just edit that subtitle. Seeing the wrong Jenner name triggers me so much more than my Lil Dicky.

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post Apr 2 2018, 12:15 AM
Post #50
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223
QUOTE(Rampage @ Apr 1 2018, 07:18 PM) *
Funny track.I always happy when he releases a new song

Spoken like a true Chris Brown fan.

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post Apr 3 2018, 11:55 AM
Post #51
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 23,155
This is 100% going to #1 this week mellow.gif

+Quote this post
Tombo
post Apr 3 2018, 12:19 PM
Post #52
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,543
QUOTE(cqmisa @ Apr 3 2018, 12:55 PM) *
This is 100% going to #1 this week mellow.gif

Awesome news cheer.gif

+Quote this post
RobBot
post Apr 4 2018, 11:58 AM
Post #53
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117
SO, I’ve finally just heard this (without the video) and while I’m sure there’s questionable lyrics which don’t make much sense without a video apparently... this is such a bop? Confused by the comments that you wouldn’t wanna listen to this without the video, it’s a very standard DJ Mustard kinda bop, it gave me Body Language vibes at time.

A FAN and it amused me.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Apr 4 2018, 12:02 PM
Post #54
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
QUOTE(RobBob @ Apr 4 2018, 12:58 PM) *
SO, I’ve finally just heard this (without the video) and while I’m sure there’s questionable lyrics which don’t make much sense without a video apparently... this is such a bop? Confused by the comments that you wouldn’t wanna listen to this without the video, it’s a very standard DJ Mustard kinda bop, it gave me Body Language vibes at time.

A FAN and it amused me.

Yeah, but was your first thought not "why is Chris Brown waking up in his own body?"

+Quote this post
Tombo
post Apr 4 2018, 12:05 PM
Post #55
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,543
QUOTE(RobBob @ Apr 4 2018, 12:58 PM) *

A FAN and it amused me.

Exactly, I heard the song several times before seeing the video and I liked it and understood the concept and found it funny

+Quote this post
troylovesmusic
post Apr 4 2018, 12:23 PM
Post #56
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,179
I’m loving Freak Friday as well tbh it’s a fun track and I would happy for it to go number 1 tbh.

+Quote this post
Cremey
post Apr 4 2018, 01:22 PM
Post #57
Group icon
on a bench in coney island
User: 4,089
QUOTE(Tawdry Hepburn @ Apr 4 2018, 01:02 PM) *
Yeah, but was your first thought not "why is Chris Brown waking up in his own body?"

When the song itself is called ‘Freaky Friday’ though it’s pretty obvious..

Yeah this is really fun, as is the video. This chorus has been stuck in my head for the past week.
It’s all a bit novelty but I’ve missed the DJ Mustard productions like this doing well.

Kendall Jenner makes it

+Quote this post
ML Hammer95
post Apr 4 2018, 01:53 PM
Post #58
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,265
I wish it was 'Loyal' that would have gone to #1 but this is an enjoyable track in its own right. However, it is definitely the video and novelty aspect of the song that has helped it blow up.

I think I'm at the point with Chris Brown where I can enjoy a couple of his songs but the thought of listening to a whole album from him does not appeal at all.

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post Apr 4 2018, 02:25 PM
Post #59
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043
QUOTE(ML Hammer95 @ Apr 4 2018, 02:53 PM) *
I wish it was 'Loyal' that would have gone to #1

Why on earth would you have wanted that?

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Apr 4 2018, 08:46 PM
Post #60
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895
Can't stand Chris Brown. Sorry but if you are playing the song you are supporting and validating that what they did in the past or who they are doesn't matter, because you're still giving them $ and exposure.

I feel the same about XXXTentacion.

+Quote this post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:19 PM