BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> HarryEzra's EOY 2017, -Come celebrate the goodness 2017 brought-
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
PeteFromLeeds
post 5th December 2017, 04:13 PM
Post #41
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247

Tom Grennan is a great new artist! His feature on Memory Lane was sublime and I loved 'Royal Highness' as well!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 5th December 2017, 09:47 PM
Post #42
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

I checked out Found What I've Been Looking For just the other week actually and I really liked it!!!

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 6th December 2017, 03:13 AM
Post #43
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

QUOTE(PeteFromLeeds @ Dec 4 2017, 04:28 PM) *
I can't deny CTTR is a great video, such a unique take on it all as well!

I agree it was done uniquely cheer.gif

QUOTE(SantaDalek32 @ Dec 4 2017, 05:39 PM) *
The HUMBLE music video is great.

I love how great the HUMBLE Video was.

QUOTE(Josh! @ Dec 4 2017, 05:45 PM) *
Hi Harry

I couldn't get enough of Lorde during the Pure Heroine era but I seem to be the only person on the planet who was a little disappointed in the Melodrama album era. I do think the music was great but Green Light was a bit of a unexciting lead single for me and pretty much nothing happens in the video apart from her dancing... Perfect Places was much more up my street but then it barely got a single push laugh.gif drama.gif

YES at recognition for the CTTR video though. It's so rare we get big budget fun pop videos like that nowadays so at least Katy is still bringing it with those. The music may be getting worse but at least she's still willing to spend on the visuals laugh.gif We won't talk about the Swish Swish video though....

You weren't a fan of Green Light and was disappointed in Melodrama...

Your love for CTTR makes up for it I suppose tongue.gif

QUOTE(dancember @ Dec 4 2017, 06:23 PM) *
HUMBLE. is an excellent video, deserves all the awards.

CTTR vid is great too, a lot of thought was put into it.

Glad you like both of those vibes you can see how much they deserve praise and awards.

QUOTE(LewisGT @ Dec 4 2017, 09:11 PM) *
The Humble video may be my favourite of the year. Really elevated the song for me. wub.gif

Glad to see it is your favourite video of the year!

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 7th December 2017, 12:24 AM
Post #44
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!

Top 10 music videos of 2017

02. Dua Lipa - New Rules

Why?: The whole video is iconic visually. I also love the story of how Dua is the one trying to get over the breakup and her friends are telling her the "rules". Then later when one of the other girls is in the position she is the one teaching her how to get over him. Add to how aesthetically pleasing the video and how bright it is you have a video that will last and be remembered for ages.:

01. Logic feat. Alessia Cara & Khalid - 1-800-273-8255

Why?: There are many reasons why this is my number one. The story is the main reason, it depicts suicide and in this particular case for someone who is struggling with their sexuality and the society they are in. The acting is fantastic in this as well as the direction. Logic's lyrics really coney through this music video making them even more powerful to what they already were. The video breaks down the stigma as much about mental health and honestly not only one of the most important songs of the year but one of the most important videos of the year too.

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 7th December 2017, 03:15 PM
Post #45
Group icon

Great choice of #1 video! Just given it a watch, adds even more meaning to the song than before ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 8th December 2017, 10:43 AM
Post #46
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

hi Harry

Don't think I've even seen the 1800 video but I've heard great things about it. The message of the song is so important so if it drives home that message then I can imagine it really is a brilliant video.

New Rules would defo be in my top 3 videos of the year. It was the first time that I properly saw Due as a STAR. I love the concept of the repeating the choreography during the chorus but changing it up each time. Truly a star-making video/song *.*

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 9th December 2017, 12:33 AM
Post #47
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!

QUOTE(Josh! @ Dec 5 2017, 11:51 AM) *
Tom Grennan from Bedfordshire music.gif I have a few mutual friends of him which is kinda cool haha. All Goes Wrong is still his best tbh and he's yet to match that a solo artist but I have enjoyed all of his singles so far a fair bit, would be nice to see him break through a bit to the mainstream sad.gif

(I didn't realise how rather good looking he is until seeing his picture just now either wub.gif heehee.gif)

That is very cool, claim2fame x His best solo is Found What I've Been Looking For! I would love if he could get a hit.

He is rather handsome yeah wub.gif

QUOTE(SantaDalek32 @ Dec 5 2017, 12:41 PM) *
Tom Grennan sounds good.

He played at Truck Festival last summer and made it to the Sound Of 2017 list.

Glad you like the pick! Nice to see him make the sound of list!

QUOTE(PeteFromLeeds @ Dec 5 2017, 04:13 PM) *
Tom Grennan is a great new artist! His feature on Memory Lane was sublime and I loved 'Royal Highness' as well!

I agree he is one to watch and I like them two tracks.

QUOTE(JosephCarey @ Dec 5 2017, 09:47 PM) *
I checked out Found What I've Been Looking For just the other week actually and I really liked it!!!

I am quite shocked by that for some reason laugh.gif

Great choice of #1 video! Just given it a watch, adds even more meaning to the song than before ohmy.gif
It really does make the meaning even more powerful.

Don't think I've even seen the 1800 video but I've heard great things about it. The message of the song is so important so if it drives home that message then I can imagine it really is a brilliant video.

New Rules would defo be in my top 3 videos of the year. It was the first time that I properly saw Due as a STAR. I love the concept of the repeating the choreography during the chorus but changing it up each time. Truly a star-making video/song *.*

I highly recommend the video! The video hammers on the message of the song even more heart.gif

New Rules is her career changing song and video. This was like you said the first time I can see her as a star heart.gif

I love the choreography and how it changes yeah!

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 9th December 2017, 01:47 AM
Post #48
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!

Top 40 Albums Of The Year 2017 // 40-36

40. Elbow - Little Fictions

Album Chart Run: Little Fictions [4-3-3-6-8-12-13-13]

Singles Chart History
2016: N/A

I Say: "Seven albums strong and Elbow still bring it. The best song on the album for me is All Disco which was inspired by the Pixies frontman fun fact. Whilst they may have better Elbow still have managed to bring out another great album".

Top 5 songs from album
1. All Disco
2. Macnificent (She Says)
3. Gentle Storm
4. Kindling
5. Trust The Sun

39. Kygo – Kids In Love

Album Chart Run: Kids In Love [3-5-10-14] (4 Weeks)

Singles Chart History
N/A

I Say: "See this was quite tricky for me it's nowhere near as good as his debut and the singles from the EP really should ahve lead this album instead of being put on an EP but it has some great stuff on it so is worthy of its place hear. One Republic and John Newman collabs are my favourites of the 8 tracked album".

Top 5 songs from album
1. Stranger Things (Featuring One Republic)
2. Never Let You Go (Featuring John Newman)
3. Kids In Love (Featuring The Night Game)
4. Sunrise (Featuring Jason Walker)
5. With You (Featuring Wrabel)

38. Kelly Clarkson – Meaning Of Life

Album Chart Run: Meaning Of Life: [4-11] (2 Weeks)

Singles Chart History
1: Love So Soft [36-30-30-27-38] (5 Weeks)

I Say: "Don't be fooled by the short run rather recently (this week I have been listening to it quite a bit and I've grown to really like it. It is worthy of being here, is it Stronger levels in terms of Kelly Clarkson album, no but is rather well done".

Top 5 songs from album
1. Medicine
2. I Don't Think About You
3. Love So Soft
4. Don't You Pretend
5. Whole Lotta Woman

37. Sampha - Process

Album Chart Run: Process [2-2-2-4-7-11-11-14-14] (8 Weeks)

Singles Chart History
2: Blood On Me [30-26-37] (3 Weeks)
3: (No One Knows Me) Like The Piano [35] (1 Weeks)

I Say: "I allready heard of Sampha due to Too Much (his version not drakes even though that is awesome too) and I was really excited to hear new stuff from him. I was a bit disappointed at first with Timmy's Prayer even though that has since grown on me. It was Blood On Me that sold the hype to me. I am annoyed at myself for not charting that higher. Silly Me".

Top 5 songs from album
1. Blood On Me
2. Revesrve Faults
3. (No One Knows Me) Like The Piano
4. Under
5. Incomplete Kisses

36. Jessie Ware - Glasshouse

Album Chart Run: Glasshouse [2-3-5-7-8-10-15] (7 Weeks)

Singles Chart History
1: Midnight [32-24-17-14-12-8-14-21-36] (9 Weeks)
2: Alone [28-19-13-6-3-7-12-20-29] (9 Weeks)

I Say: "The weakest of the three Jessie Ware albums by far but still really good. It is Jessie Ware through and through even if it does feel like she has lost that sort of feel like her first album had. Songs like Alone, Your Domino and Midnight stand out on a well crafted album".

Top 5 songs from album
1. Alone
2. Your Domino
3. Midnight
4. Heart
5. Finish Where We Started

+Quote this post
DalekTurret32
post 9th December 2017, 03:01 AM
Post #49
Group icon
FIVE YEARS OF THE TURRET 15-20
User: 21,666

I have Process on CD.
I bought it after it won the Mercury Prize this year

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 9th December 2017, 05:05 PM
Post #50
Group icon
c:

Hiya Harry

Only heard two albums from this, Kelly Clarkson & Jessie Ware. I've never been the biggest fan of the former anyway aside from the singles but her last album was quite a nice listen for a couple of months before I got bored but I really wasn't keen on Meaning of Life. It was full of either annoying songs like Love So Soft or just songs that made no impression on me, oops cry.gif

Glasshouse has the potential to become my favourite ever Jessie Ware album though for me so I'm a bit gutted you think it's the worst cry.gif Tough Love is still #1 for me for NOW but not sure how long it will last there. Alone and Selfish Love are two of her very best ever songs too wub.gif

Loving this!! cheer.gif

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 9th December 2017, 05:31 PM
Post #51
Group icon

A brilliant top 2 music videos wub.gif

Not checked out the new Kygo album yet, I didn't like the title track at all so haven't felt bothered sad.gif

+Quote this post
Sergej
post 9th December 2017, 06:58 PM
Post #52
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,723

Like all albums except for "Meaning Of Life".
My favourite of those 5 has to be "Process" by Sampha.

Also your Top 2 music video of 2017 are both great!

This post has been edited by sergejdordij98: 9th December 2017, 06:58 PM

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 10th December 2017, 03:24 AM
Post #53
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!

QUOTE(SantaDalek32 @ Dec 9 2017, 03:01 AM) *
I have Process on CD.
I bought it after it won the Mercury Prize this year

Glad you liked Process and yeah I imagine people doing the same tbh

QUOTE(Josh! @ Dec 9 2017, 05:05 PM) *
Hiya Harry

Only heard two albums from this, Kelly Clarkson & Jessie Ware. I've never been the biggest fan of the former anyway aside from the singles but her last album was quite a nice listen for a couple of months before I got bored but I really wasn't keen on Meaning of Life. It was full of either annoying songs like Love So Soft or just songs that made no impression on me, oops cry.gif

Glasshouse has the potential to become my favourite ever Jessie Ware album though for me so I'm a bit gutted you think it's the worst cry.gif Tough Love is still #1 for me for NOW but not sure how long it will last there. Alone and Selfish Love are two of her very best ever songs too wub.gif

Loving this!! cheer.gif

I think it is because the album is a different direction for Kelly Clarkson so some younger fans might not get it but fair enough comment tbh.

I still love Glasshouse I just prefer her debut and her second album more they had stronger songs on them heart.gif

QUOTE(JosephCarey @ Dec 9 2017, 05:31 PM) *
A brilliant top 2 music videos wub.gif

Not checked out the new Kygo album yet, I didn't like the title track at all so haven't felt bothered sad.gif

Glad you like both music videos wub.gif

I think you should hear it Joseph you might like it.

QUOTE(sergejdordij98 @ Dec 9 2017, 06:58 PM) *
Like all albums except for "Meaning Of Life".
My favourite of those 5 has to be "Process" by Sampha.

Also your Top 2 music video of 2017 are both great!

Shame you dont like Meaning Of Life sad.gif

Glad you like Process cheer.gif

Also I apprcieate the love for the top 2 music videos heart.gif

Thanks to you all for the comments so far!

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 10th December 2017, 03:49 PM
Post #54
Group icon

Now comes the part I can't really talk about since I've only listened to a few albums this year tongue.gif I did like Alone and Selfish Love from Jessie's new material though, I really should give her album a go.

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 13th December 2017, 08:37 PM
Post #55
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!

Top 40 Albums Of The Year 2017 // 35-31

35. Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds – Who Built The Moon?

Album Chart Run: Who Built The Moon? [2-3-6] (3 Weeks)

Singles Chart History
2017: N/A

I Say: "The third album from Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds was great even if I don't feel as complied to go back to it much now. I much prefer his debut album. None the less there are some great tracks on the album. This low as well due to very recent album".

Top 5 songs from album
1. High Mountian
2. If Love Is The Law
3. She Taught Me How To Fly
4. Black & White Sunshine
5. It's A Beautiful World

34. Alt-J - Relaxer

Album Chart Run: [4-6-10-14-14] (5 Weeks)

Singles Chart History
Single 1: In Cold Blood [36-31-31-39] (4 Weeks)
Single 2: Deadcrush [33-28-23-23-17-19-32] (7 Weeks)

I Say: "Such a shame I didn't like this as much as their last. Just narrowly beating the last album due to it being older. I love the Hit Me Like That Snare track which I havent seen much love around the site which is a massive shame".

Top 5 songs from album
1. Hit Me Like That Snare
2. Deadcrush
3. 3WW
4. Pleader
5. House Of The Rising Sun

33. Harry Styles - Harry Styles

Album Chart Run: Harry Styles [2-4-6-7-11-14] (6 Weeks)

Singles Chart History
Single 1: Sign Of The Times [5-3-4-7-12-18-28] (7 Weeks)
Single 2: Two Ghosts [33-26-24-18-9-8-11-20-30-39] (10 Weeks)
Single 3: Kiwi [29-23-18-15] (4 Weeks)*

* = Still In Chart

I Say: "It is a good debut album plenty to improve on. I love the 3 singles as stated by the fact that it is the first album in this countdown to have three singles chart top 40 laugh.gif. I think critically some of the tracks to sound similar but like I said he can improve on this with album two".

Top 5 songs from album
1. Sign Of The Times
2. Kiwi
3. Two Ghosts
4. Woman
5. Ever Since New York

32. Lewis Watson - midnight

Album Chart Run: midnight [3-1-4-7-11-14] (6 Weeks)

Singles Chart History
2017: N/A

I Say: "The first #1 album to drop out now. Lewis Watson's second album is good even if it doesn't compare to the first. I think like the previous mentioned album the tracks are so samey so I don't really go back to it much but I did love it when it was released".

Top 5 songs from album
1. hello hello
2. little light
3. deep the water
4. when the water meets the mountains
5. slumber Featuring Lucy Rose

31. Everything Everything - A Fever Dream

Album Chart Run: A Fever Dream [3-3-7-11-12-13-15] (7 Weeks)

Singles Chart History
Single 1: Can’t Do [33-26-23-23-19-18-22-36] (8 Weeks)
Single 2: Desire [37-27-23-16-20-35] (6 Weeks)

I Say: "One of the biggest dissapoints yet good abum. I was disappointed because I loved ARK/Get To Heaven so much but this pales in comparison for me. It has good tracks but none of the tracks are up their with the last which is it's flaw sad.gif".

Top 5 songs from album
1. Desire
2. Night Of The Long Knives
3. Ivory Tower
4. Good Shot, Good Soldier
5. Can't Do

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 13th December 2017, 08:47 PM
Post #56
Group icon
c:

Harry !! hi.gif x

Gahhh at alt-j being so low, honestly one of my absolute favourite albums this year!! sad.gif I would pinpoint Hit Me Like That Snare as the big weak point on the album too ahah so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on alt-j this era laugh.gif

Everything Everything were a huge disappointment for me this era though, easily the worst album in their discography to date. I was really hyped after loving "Can't Do" but barely any of the album was the quirky, fun EE that I have known to love. Such a big come down from the amazing Get to Heaven cry.gif

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 13th December 2017, 09:59 PM
Post #57
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

I still don't know what to think about that Harry Styles album. It's like good in some parts and then it gets insanely boring.

+Quote this post
Sergej
post 13th December 2017, 11:09 PM
Post #58
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,723

Enjoy the albums expect for RELAXER, which was meh (like Meaning Of Life, don't dislike it, just kind of meh). Also haven't heard that Lewis Watson album yet.
Still great album EOY chart so far!

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 14th December 2017, 01:24 AM
Post #59
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!

QUOTE(Petelehem @ Dec 10 2017, 03:49 PM) *
Now comes the part I can't really talk about since I've only listened to a few albums this year tongue.gif I did like Alone and Selfish Love from Jessie's new material though, I really should give her album a go.

I think you should hear Glasshouse heart.gif

QUOTE(Josh! @ Dec 13 2017, 08:47 PM) *
Harry !! hi.gif x

Gahhh at alt-j being so low, honestly one of my absolute favourite albums this year!! sad.gif I would pinpoint Hit Me Like That Snare as the big weak point on the album too ahah so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on alt-j this era laugh.gif

Everything Everything were a huge disappointment for me this era though, easily the worst album in their discography to date. I was really hyped after loving "Can't Do" but barely any of the album was the quirky, fun EE that I have known to love. Such a big come down from the amazing Get to Heaven cry.gif

Oops at this opposite opinion but fair enough! See at least you agree with me on A Fever Dream I was so disappointed sad.gif

QUOTE(CodySleighBell-y @ Dec 13 2017, 09:59 PM) *
I still don't know what to think about that Harry Styles album. It's like good in some parts and then it gets insanely boring.

That's my view on the whole of the album too.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 16th December 2017, 02:24 PM
Post #60
Group icon

Harry Styles too fookin' low xx

YAY for Lewis Watson featuring, I bought the acoustic edition of that album this week so I need to check that out!

+Quote this post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 04:56 PM