BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> What would win BJSC Reloaded now?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
danG
post Sep 11 2016, 07:48 PM
Post #21
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746
Speaking of Aquafina, does anyone think they'll eventually be allowed back in? It has been a year now (though I am aware they did receive a permaban) They had a run of great entries last year (and yes that includes the ever controversial Important)
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Sep 11 2016, 07:54 PM
Post #22
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116
QUOTE(Iz~ @ Sep 8 2016, 12:10 AM) *
XVI - Bulletproof (there is NO good option for this one that I can see so if it happens I'd just hope Blank does as well as possible, if this sounds like I'm a rampant Rontvia stan it's because I am, they were like the only nation that GOT it back then)

Yasssss Iz <3

-----------

On another note these predicted results are, for the most part, not good. Everyone flocking towards the cheapest song in the contest was something that largely died out circa 2010, with the odd exception, and I'd personally absolutely hate if that had just continued through to now, in fact I'm sure the contest would have died a long time ago because nobody would have bothered sending anything inspired.

Sure I had no idea Hozier and Walk The Moon would go on to become hits of any sort, let alone million sellers, but I don't think they'd be any more deserving of winning now that everyone is suddenly familiar with them (and I don't think they would anyway as they've both been played to death and half of Buzzjack are sick of them, if they even liked them in the first place). And that goes for all the other tracks that have gone on to become UK hits, if this is how the Reloadeds are expected to pan out going forwards then it's probably a good time to draw a line under them now (then again, the last one was ages ago now...) or, as Iz says, remove all entries that were/have gone on to become UK hits.

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post Sep 11 2016, 07:58 PM
Post #23
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403
i do think there are some 'cheap entries' that would go on to do really well and win and others that wouldn't - the ones that WOULD win would be the ones that exceeded expectations at the time of the contest (alex adair and walk the moon were growers in the contest in terms of hype and even the likes of karen harding that were nearly but not quite) so i think would really benefit - i mean if it was just 'the cheapest song in the contest' surely lorde would run away with 53???

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post Sep 11 2016, 08:00 PM
Post #24
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403
i don't think it's a bad exercise to have the reloadeds because a lot of the songs would benefit from new demographics joining and with this recent alt-pop / rock shift that preceeds the previous heavy dance domination / indie domination we'd see a lot more benefit to those kind of tracks

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Sep 11 2016, 08:11 PM
Post #25
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116
QUOTE(Cucumberella @ Sep 11 2016, 09:00 PM) *
i don't think it's a bad exercise to have the reloadeds because a lot of the songs would benefit from new demographics joining and with this recent alt-pop / rock shift that preceeds the previous heavy dance domination / indie domination we'd see a lot more benefit to those kind of tracks

I agree that they have worth, for sure, but it's always going to be the case that the more familiar hits end up doing better I guess. It's a nice way for people to discover entries they previously missed but it does seem a shame when original inspired winners end up filing in behind the songs that went on to smash, I sort of feel it takes away from their original achievements a little.

The other slightly odd thing that I know really only affects me for the time being (or Ashton/Eledan/Kylienips if they chose to participate) is that in one of the contests I was the only original country voting again, meaning that I can vote for 10 countries who aren't even participating but are not seeing any deductions for that. So my entries are always at an immediate disadvantage; by voting I'm essentially always shooting myself in the foot and I'd actually be better off by not taking part laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Sep 11 2016, 08:27 PM
Post #26
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
Damn so if Ponibbi had won like he should have in 77 Lee would be posting 10 times more than he has this entire year

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Sep 16 2016, 08:35 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608
QUOTE(gooddelta @ Sep 11 2016, 09:11 PM) *
The other slightly odd thing that I know really only affects me for the time being (or Ashton/Eledan/Kylienips if they chose to participate) is that in one of the contests I was the only original country voting again, meaning that I can vote for 10 countries who aren't even participating but are not seeing any deductions for that. So my entries are always at an immediate disadvantage; by voting I'm essentially always shooting myself in the foot and I'd actually be better off by not taking part laugh.gif

This was indeed an annoying consequence of the low number of originals voting, we did have discussions as to possibilities to combat it. I came up with a suggestion where for the originals that did vote, we'd work out the average amount of points per voter they got and then got that added again their score to make up for having one less vote.

One example I applied this to was for Land of Jack who voted in Re:LOADED III so received their 63 points from 14 possible voters working out at an average of 4.5 points per voter. Therefore if they had their full set of 15 voters (by adding that average score one extra time to take into account the one less voter), averages would suggest they'd have got 68 points instead of 63 points (rounded up) - giving them the win instead of finishing 2nd behind Mdice who didn't vote.

In the end it felt a bit too complicated and we looked for another solution but nothing quite fitted right at the time.

Regarding the desire to have some more Re:LOADEDs from some of you, the format we were using just wasn't creating enough interest. We could just pick out random contests (more recent ones) but I do think that the interest wouldn't pick up that much. Maybe we could pick out some random contests but have it a lot more casual, perhaps just posting votes publicly amongst a general discussion and then they can just be added up by someone like people do in the predictions threads for normal contests but not being like official reruns and added to the spin-off archive. Suggestions are of course very welcome!

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Sep 16 2016, 09:06 PM
Post #28
Group icon
QUOTE(danG @ Sep 11 2016, 12:48 PM) *
Speaking of Aquafina, does anyone think they'll eventually be allowed back in? It has been a year now (though I am aware they did receive a permaban) They had a run of great entries last year (and yes that includes the ever controversial Important)
Even if it did happen I don't think Lee cba to deal with Buzzjack these days let alone BJSC

looks like it was a conscious uncoupling

+Quote this post
danG
post Sep 19 2016, 10:13 AM
Post #29
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746
QUOTE(Ryan. @ Sep 16 2016, 09:35 PM) *
Regarding the desire to have some more Re:LOADEDs from some of you, the format we were using just wasn't creating enough interest. We could just pick out random contests (more recent ones) but I do think that the interest wouldn't pick up that much. Maybe we could pick out some random contests but have it a lot more casual, perhaps just posting votes publicly amongst a general discussion and then they can just be added up by someone like people do in the predictions threads for normal contests but not being like official reruns and added to the spin-off archive. Suggestions are of course very welcome!
I think if we skip all the early contests and pick Reloaded back up at say, the start of 2012 (BJSC41) and run it without semi-finals (honestly I think ever since semi-finals were introduced into Reloaded interest has dropped) there may be some more interest.

BJSC41 for example only had 47 songs in it so that could be run as an OBF, or we could just have a casual nominations round for the DNQs and the top 10 get picked to join the original finalists for an OBF (#justiceforDanaelanda41).

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Sep 19 2016, 04:01 PM
Post #30
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
I wouldn't say completely skip the earlier ones, but maybe alternate between the eras. But I wouldn't say start as late as 41 either, I'd actually suggest going back a bit to 29 - first contest after the break and the 'last contest ever' of 28 (as a bonus, it'd be the first time XXIX would be run with people knowing who they're voting for). Plenty of recognisable country names among that lot and we start in the middle of the small 1BF era so less songs and no DNQs to bother with. I'd like to see my songs get involved in these but the mission is to get those undiscovered songs out there so skipping the early ones completely doesn't feel right. And starting later from 29 onwards the active participants start to come in much faster.

We could actually just run all of them 1BF if we run a 47-contest one as that, very few of those before 2012 hit 50 or more.

Maybe, if we just go for 9 now as a 1BF (i.e. after instrumentals is done) then a later one after that, it would give us time to properly figure out how to deal with people's votes sabotaging themselves.

+Quote this post
p a v
post Sep 19 2016, 07:51 PM
Post #31
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
Perhaps a public voting of some sort to choose the contest we want to revisit could be fair? We will neverrrrr be able to do all of them haha

+Quote this post
Silas
post Sep 19 2016, 09:09 PM
Post #32
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
Oh come on Pavel, you've been around long enough to know what an utter shitshow public votes in this forum turn out to be.

QUOTE(danG @ Sep 11 2016, 08:48 PM) *

Permanent hasn't changed meanings this past year has it?

It doesn't matter how 'great' their run of entries were, that has no bearing on things whatsoever.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Sep 19 2016, 10:51 PM
Post #33
Group icon
Let's consider it Buzzjack's conscious uncoupling with Lee

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 02:48 PM