BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Gaga reveals she was raped in MUST-WATCH Howard Stern Interview
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
k👠th
post Dec 3 2014, 05:11 AM
Post #1
Group icon
baddest of them all
User: 6,764

The popstar makes claim on Howard Stern show, speaking about incident and her attacker, who she said was 20 years older than her

Lady Gaga has revealed that she was raped as a teenager and that she went through emotional therapy to recover from the event.

The singer, who was appearing on Howard Stern’s radio show, made the claim after the host asked her about the meaning of her song Swine.

After Stern suggested the song alluded to a sexual assault he then asked if she’d been raped by a record producer. The singer replied: “I went through some horrific things that I’m able to laugh [at] now, because I’ve gone through a lot of mental and physical therapy and emotional therapy to heal over the years.”

She added: “I was a shell of my former self at one point. I was not myself. To be fair, I was about 19. I went to Catholic school and then all this crazy stuff happened, and I was going, ‘Oh, is this just the way adults are?’ I was very naive.”

The singer went on to talk about how she was determined to not be defined by the incident before discussing the man who raped her, who was 20 years older than her at the time.

“Because it wasn’t until I was a little bit older that I went, ‘Wow, that was really messed up,” she said.

“You were 20 years older than me. I was a kid.”

Source

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
k👠th
post Dec 3 2014, 06:22 AM
Post #2
Group icon
baddest of them all
I feel so f***ing bad for her cry.gif I'm really proud she coped with this and now is a superstar and I love her and respect her so much cry.gif Gaga: "RedOne was the first guy who respected me in the studio" - when she literally vomited in her performance of 'Swine' at SXSW earlier this year - it all made sense who the song was directed at and that it was about rape. At least she's cleared the air now

Gaga: "Sia can really sing. It's a shame that Sia is not bigger and people that can't sing are"

And when she talks about how music labels need to go back to giving contracts to songwriters, and not "girls with big boobs and a big name producer".

Best interview EVER. Please guys even if you don't like Gaga you will do yourself a favour by watching it! I literally cried at Howard poking fun at Tony being in love with "Lady" and Tony turning "Lady" on <3<3

I can't say I'm NOT saddened that she's said there will be no more new music until 2016 - it was kind of expected. I'm glad she's seeing the CTC era as break for her for writing new music. She worked so hard on ARTPOP and has just finished off another massive worldwide tour. Her shade towards streaming services was very appropriate, guess we shouldn't expect the next album to be on Spotify

AND OH MY GOSH SHE WANTS TO MARRY TAYLOR WHEN IS HE GOING TO f***ING PROPOSE OMG

This post has been edited by Kath ♡: Dec 5 2014, 01:52 AM

+Quote this post
k👠th
post Dec 3 2014, 06:55 AM
Post #3
Group icon
baddest of them all
TMZ:

Lady Gaga Denies Claim By Kesha's Lawyer That Dr. Luke Raped Her

Lady Gaga is calling BS on Kesha's lawyer, who claims Gaga has accused Dr. Luke of raping her. Gaga insinuated on Howard Stern Tuesday morning she had been sexually assaulted by a record producer years ago, but she didn't name names. Mark Geragos just tweeted, "Guess who the rapist was?" Someone responded and asked if it was Luke, and Geragos replied, "#bingo."Gaga's rep tells TMZ, "It's absolutely not true," although she would not comment on who Gaga was referring to when she made her comment on Stern.

Luke's rep tells TMZ, "Mark Geragos' statement is completely false and defamatory. Luke met Lady Gaga twice for less than half an hour total in those two meetings combined." The rep adds, "He has never been alone with her and never touched her. Neither meeting was in that time frame reported."But Geragos tells TMZ, "I said it because it's true." Geragos says the Cosby scandal is a trigger for the revelation, saying, "The Cosby allegations have now made others more courageous about coming out."Geragos says he will depose Gaga in Kesha's sexual assault lawsuit against Dr. Luke. He also tells us 3 other women -- "not as famous" -- also claim they had a similar experience to Kesha's and they will be deposed as well.Gaga's rep just expanded on the singer's denial, saying, "The Dr. Luke lawsuit is utterly incomprehensible. This simply isn't true and how dare someone take advantage of such a sensitive matter."

+Quote this post
*Tim
post Dec 3 2014, 08:41 AM
Post #4
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660
And when she talks about how music labels need to go back to giving contracts to songwriters, and not "girls with big boobs and a big name producer".

The Katy shade tho

+Quote this post
RosaParksMyCar
post Dec 3 2014, 09:18 AM
Post #5
Group icon
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
User: 16,548
Gaga's thinly disguised hatred towards katy is always amazing.

+Quote this post
k👠th
post Dec 3 2014, 03:30 PM
Post #6
Group icon
baddest of them all
Interesting that this is one of the most discussed topics online and on twitter at the moment and is actually a very thought-provoking topic, yet no one on here cba - had it been a boot and immune or survivor that would have been a completely different story

WD Buzzjack sarcasm.gif

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Dec 3 2014, 03:51 PM
Post #7
Group icon
User: 13,007
Well this is perhaps the most harrowing headline i have read all year. Not just because it is Gaga and she means what she does to me, but because i had no idea that something like this even happened.

It gives all the meaning back into songs like 'Swine', the vomiting performance, and so many other lyrics which i overlooked until now.

She proved she was strong and graceful in the interview and i commend her for that. I hope whoever it was is brought to justice.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Dec 3 2014, 04:04 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
This is horrible to read and hear of! Plus I hadn't even thought of what Bal said about Swine, the vomiting performance etc. either sad.gif

I definitely think a break until 2016 is good. Not because I don't want more music, but because she can take time off and really work hard on a new album which hopefully brings her game back up. I love ARTPOP but it'd be great to see her back at her commercial and critical peak, which probably won't happen but you never know if she takes time on the right material!

+Quote this post
Regina
post Dec 3 2014, 04:32 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572
I always have such respect for people who can manage the courage to speak about things like this. Someone with such a staus like Gaga doing it might help other
women (and men too) find it within them to do the same and bring the monsters who do this to them to justice.

+Quote this post
k👠th
post Dec 8 2014, 08:25 PM
Post #10
Group icon
baddest of them all
Dr. Luke sues Kesha's lawyer

Dr. Luke is firing back at Kesha's attorney with a lawsuit ... after he accused the high-powered producer of raping Lady Gaga -- something Luke calls an "outrageous" lie.

TMZ broke the story ... after Lady Gaga told Howard Stern last week that someone in the music industry had raped her -- Mark Geragos went on Twitter and asked, "Guess who the rapist was?"

When someone guessed Dr. Luke ... Geragos responded, "#bingo." When we contacted Geragos he doubled down ... telling us he said it "because it's true." Of course, Geragos is representing Kesha in her sexual assault lawsuit against Luke.

In his defamation lawsuit, filed today, Luke calls Geragos' comment "maliciously false." Gaga backed that up last week, telling TMZ it's absolutely untrue that Luke was the mystery rapist.

In his docs, Luke also says he hadn't even met Gaga at the time of the alleged rape 9 years ago -- and adds he's never been alone with her or touched her.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/12/08/dr-luke-laws.../#ixzz3LKpQDje8

Everybody's suing everybody

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Dec 8 2014, 08:32 PM
Post #11
Group icon
User: 13,007
drama.gif

Lord, what an absolute gargantuan mess of a story. Kesha's lawyer's accusation was very below the belt then if it's confirmed that it wasn't Dr Luke that was involved with Gaga.

..I am struggling to keep up with the story now in all honesty unsure.gif

+Quote this post
RosaParksMyCar
post Dec 8 2014, 09:09 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
User: 16,548
More complicated than a f***ing Made In Chelsea story.

+Quote this post
Umi
post Dec 8 2014, 10:53 PM
Post #13
Group icon
All I See br29
User: 14,659
Well that's Ke$ha's case ruined.

+Quote this post
Tyler
post Dec 11 2014, 07:00 PM
Post #14
Group icon
If people hate you, don’t hate them.
User: 67
Well I'm not sure how I feel bopping along to "Swine" now.

The song is actually brilliant. I love the artistic expression.

+Quote this post
p a v
post Dec 12 2014, 07:59 AM
Post #15
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
It's quite unusual for a high-end LAWYER to make false accusations like that. :/ Really f***ing stupid to say the least.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:05 AM