BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> ROUND 4: Least Favourite Harry Potter Movie, Dobby only wants Harry Potter to be safe
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
ROUND 4
Your least favourite?
Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkhaban [ 9 ] ** [21.95%]
Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire [ 5 ] ** [12.20%]
Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix [ 9 ] ** [21.95%]
Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows pt. I [ 17 ] ** [41.46%]
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt. II [ 1 ] ** [2.44%]
Total votes: 41

*Tim
post 2nd August 2015, 10:28 AM
Post #1
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660

Finishing in 6th place is the 2nd movie, Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets.

Summary: Contains spoilers, but y'know you shouldn't even be voting or be proud if you haven't seen them all
Harry Potter spends the summer without receiving letters from his Hogwarts friends. In his room, Harry meets Dobby, a house-elf who warns him bad things will happen if he returns to Hogwarts, and reveals he intercepted his friends' letters. Harry chases him downstairs, where Dobby destroys a cake. The Dursleys lock Harry up, but Ron, Fred and George Weasley rescue him in their father's flying Ford Anglia.

While buying school supplies, Harry and the Weasley family encounter Rubeus Hagrid and Hermione Granger, and they attend a book-signing by celebrity wizard Gilderoy Lockhart, who announces he will be the new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher. Harry also encounters Draco Malfoy and his father Lucius, who slips a book in Ginny Weasley's belongings. When Harry and Ron are blocked from entering Platform Nine and Three-Quarters, they fly to Hogwarts in the Ford Anglia and crash into the hostile Whomping Willow. Ron's wand is damaged, and the car throws them out before driving off. They are allowed back into school but face detention.

While serving detention with Lockhart, Harry hears voices and later finds caretaker Argus Filch's cat, Mrs Norris, petrified, and a message written in blood announcing the Chamber of Secrets has been opened and threatening "enemies of the Heir". Professor McGonagall explains that one of Hogwarts' founders, Salazar Slytherin, supposedly constructed a secret Chamber and hid a monster that only his heir can control inside the Chamber, to purge the school of impure-blooded wizards and witches. More attacks occur over the course of the year. Harry and Ron suspect Malfoy is the Heir, so Hermione suggests they question him while disguised using polyjuice potion. Their makeshift laboratory is in abandoned toilets haunted by a ghost, Moaning Myrtle.

When Harry communicates with a snake, something Salazar Slytherin could do, some believe he is the Heir. At Christmas, Harry and Ron learn that Malfoy is not the Heir, but he mentions that a girl died when the Chamber was last opened fifty years before. Harry finds an enchanted diary, owned by a former student named Tom Riddle, which shows him a flashback to fifty years before, where Riddle accused Hagrid, then a pupil, of opening the Chamber. When the diary disappears and Hermione is petrified, Harry and Ron question Hagrid. Professor Dumbledore, Cornelius Fudge, and Lucius Malfoy come to take Hagrid to Azkaban, but he discreetly tells the boys to "follow the spiders". Lucius has Dumbledore suspended. In the Forbidden Forest, Harry and Ron find Aragog, who reveals Hagrid's innocence and that the dead girl was found in a bathroom. Aragog sets his colony of Acromantula on Harry and Ron, but the now-wild Ford Anglia saves them.

A book page in Hermione's hand reveals the monster is a basilisk, a giant snake that can instantly kill those who make direct eye contact with it; the petrified victims saw it indirectly. The school staff learn that Ginny was taken into the Chamber, and convince Lockhart to save her. Harry and Ron find Lockhart, revealed as a fraud, planning to flee; knowing Myrtle was the girl the Basilisk killed, they drag him to her bathroom and find the Chamber's entrance. Once inside, Lockhart uses Ron's damaged wand against them, but it backfires, wipes his memory, and causes a cave-in.

Harry enters the Chamber alone and finds Ginny unconscious and dying guarded by Tom Riddle. Harry realises Riddle is the Heir and he used the diary to manipulate Ginny and re-open the Chamber. Riddle then reveals his full name, Tom Marvolo Riddle, from which he created the anagram for his future new identity: "I am Lord Voldemort". After Harry expresses support for Dumbledore, Dumbledore's phoenix Fawkes flies in with the Sorting Hat, and Riddle summons the Basilisk. Fawkes blinds the Basilisk, and the Sorting Hat eventually produces a sword with which Harry battles and slays the Basilisk, but he is poisoned by its fangs.

Harry defeats Riddle and revives Ginny by stabbing the diary with a basilisk fang. Fawkes' tears heal him, and he returns to Hogwarts with his friends and a baffled professor Lockhart. Dumbledore, reinstated as headmaster, praises them and orders for Hagrid's release. Dumbledore shows Harry that the sword he wielded was Godric Gryffindor's own sword, and says he is different from Voldemort because he chose Gryffindor House. Harry accuses Lucius, Dobby's master, of putting the diary in Ginny's cauldron and tricks him into freeing Dobby. The Basilisk's victims are healed, and Hagrid returns to school.

6th: Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets 15 votes/36.59%
7th: Harry Potter and The Philosopher Stone 10 votes/24.39% | 16 votes/59.26% in TIEBREAKER
8th: Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince 10 votes/27.03%

This post has been edited by *Tim: 2nd August 2015, 10:42 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
*Tim
post 2nd August 2015, 10:29 AM
Post #2
Group icon
Bitch of t seet

Deathly Hallows part I for me. It just lacks the oompf and action of the others left

DEADLINE AUG 8!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 2nd August 2015, 10:35 AM
Post #3
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Extremely tough now the first 2 are out. I went for 'Order Of the Phoenix'. Still a great film, but I just prefer the others. I really don't understand why people dislike 'Deathly Hallows' part I so much, but eh.

+Quote this post
*Tim
post 2nd August 2015, 10:42 AM
Post #4
Group icon
Bitch of t seet

Deleted scenes from the previous movies that left us with some scenes I'd consider essential

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Aug 2 2015, 10:35 AM) *
Extremely tough now the first 2 are out. I went for 'Order Of the Phoenix'. Still a great film, but I just prefer the others. I really don't understand why people dislike 'Deathly Hallows' part I so much, but eh.

I don't hate it in the slightest, it's just a very good buildup movie towards the actual final and the quality is so high

This post has been edited by *Tim: 2nd August 2015, 10:43 AM

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 2nd August 2015, 10:46 AM
Post #5
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005

tl;dr but Ask a ban again. Very sad people are voting off the classics tho cry.gif

+Quote this post
NellyEverySundae
post 2nd August 2015, 10:47 AM
Post #6
Group icon
#TeamKrustyKrab
User: 20,675

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Aug 2 2015, 11:35 AM) *

I really found it disappointing sad.gif I don't know why, but I feel like it slows down the pace of the story (which fortunately quickens up in part 2). It did have one of the most emotional opening scene from the series though.

This post has been edited by Nelly. S: 2nd August 2015, 10:49 AM

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 2nd August 2015, 11:18 AM
Post #7
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

'Order ofthe Pheonix' pour moi

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 2nd August 2015, 12:19 PM
Post #8
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

The Order of The Phoenix for me.

+Quote this post
PaulM1983
post 2nd August 2015, 12:27 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 6,471

It's getting harder to choose now. Definitely Phoenix this time, for me, but I've no idea what I'll choose next if that goes.

I've seen it said so many times that DH Part 1 is a good lead in to the finale but not a good movie on its own, but I really disagree. It's so good and has some incredible moments. Granted, it's not as good as the last movie, or Azkhaban, but I think I'll struggle separating it from Goblet of Fire in this rate.

+Quote this post
post 2nd August 2015, 12:35 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

Very surprised Order Of The Phoenix is in the lead here!?

It's between Azkaban and Deathly part 1. I went for the former.

+Quote this post
Leonardo
post 2nd August 2015, 01:59 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,502

Deathly Hallows, Part I.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 2nd August 2015, 11:23 PM
Post #12
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846

Went for Prisoner again

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 3rd August 2015, 12:11 PM
Post #13
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

I love chambers sad.gif

Azkaban for me again

+Quote this post
*Tim
post 3rd August 2015, 12:19 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Bitch of t seet

Mess I only jsut realised I've been speling Azkaban wrong my entire life

+Quote this post
randomfurlong
post 3rd August 2015, 12:34 PM
Post #15
Group icon
musing
User: 13,969

Goblet of Fire needed to go about three rounds ago, how has it only had one other voter?! Dreadful filmmaking.

+Quote this post
*Tim
post 6th August 2015, 11:11 AM
Post #16
Group icon
Bitch of t seet

2 more days to vote in this

(This almost fell of the first page wot)

+Quote this post
SGrey
post 12th August 2015, 09:16 AM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182

QUOTE(randomfurlong @ Aug 3 2015, 01:34 PM) *
Goblet of Fire needed to go about three rounds ago, how has it only had one other voter?! Dreadful filmmaking.

Not sure if this is still open but exactly this. Awful, worst in the franchise for me.

+Quote this post
*Tim
post 12th August 2015, 10:59 AM
Post #18
Group icon
Bitch of t seet

MESS this should've bene closed a lil' while ago, new round coming in a minute!

+Quote this post

This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 07:53 PM