BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Game of Thrones (Season 7)
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
lotita
post Jul 16 2017, 07:25 PM
Post #21
feminist icon (she/her)
Group: Site Empress
Member No.: 21,777
   No Gallery Pics

i managed to binge all six seasons in about a month, and finished yday so i'm READY (and feeling lucky i haven't had to endure the wait ya'll have)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Jul 16 2017, 07:40 PM
Post #22
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,182

QUOTE(beartita @ Jul 16 2017, 08:25 PM) *
i managed to binge all six seasons in about a month, and finished yday so i'm READY (and feeling lucky i haven't had to endure the wait ya'll have)

Until next years season kink.gif

Loving all of the Daenerys clips circulating the trailers at the moment!

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Jul 16 2017, 08:14 PM
Post #23
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

I don't think Season 8 will air until 2019 personally.

Looking forward to trying to avoid spoilers tomorrow! Can't believe how big the show has become.. I still remember watching the pilot back when it first aired all those years ago in 2011!

+Quote Post
Jαsє
post Jul 16 2017, 10:52 PM
Post #24
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 14,043
   No Gallery Pics

Battle of the bast*rds now on Sky Atlantic +1 so I'm watching. The Winds of Winter up next, which is my favourite GOT episode ever wub.gif

QUOTE(Rooney @ Jul 16 2017, 09:14 PM) *
I don't think Season 8 will air until 2019 personally.

Yup I agree

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Jul 17 2017, 09:33 AM
Post #25
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

That opening sequence *.*

A nice opening episode which you can feel just sets things up and it's only a matter of time until shit literally goes down!

IT'S SO GOOD TO HAVE IT BACK wub.gif

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Jul 17 2017, 11:04 AM
Post #26
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Jul 17 2017, 10:33 AM) *
That opening sequence *.*

A nice opening episode which you can feel just sets things up and it's only a matter of time until shit literally goes down!

IT'S SO GOOD TO HAVE IT BACK wub.gif

It really is great having it back!!

I also loved the closing scene with the words "shall we begin?" - I had chills! wub.gif

+Quote Post
lotita
post Jul 17 2017, 04:14 PM
Post #27
feminist icon (she/her)
Group: Site Empress
Member No.: 21,777
   No Gallery Pics

Your new username!! I am stanning

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Jul 17 2017, 05:54 PM
Post #28
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(beartita @ Jul 17 2017, 05:14 PM) *
Your new username!! I am stanning

I love her and Cersei - easily my two favourite characters and was very close to going with Seansei Lannister instead kink.gif

I'm definitely rooting for Daenerys to walk these next two seasons! It wasn't until Cersei and Jaime were on the painted map that I realised she was probably going to be killed off this season or executed or something like that due to being drastically outnumbered.

This post has been edited by Saenerys: Jul 17 2017, 05:54 PM

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Jul 17 2017, 06:15 PM
Post #29
Member No.: 13,007

"Shall we begin?" YES PLEASE

So glad it's back. Decent opening episode, setting up the pathways well. Arya in the opening sequence too, getting her character right again this series please after a few drab storylines in the past <3

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Jul 17 2017, 06:23 PM
Post #30
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(HausofSZA @ Jul 17 2017, 07:15 PM) *
"Shall we begin?" YES PLEASE

So glad it's back. Decent opening episode, setting up the pathways well. Arya in the opening sequence too, getting her character right again this series please after a few drab storylines in the past <3

I had chills!!!

I warmed to Arya in this episode as did I with Sansa and neither have drawn my attention before like they did in this episode. I'm definitely here for a more gutsy/ballsy Sansa cheer.gif

+Quote Post
Sour Candy
post Jul 17 2017, 06:53 PM
Post #31
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 10,275
   No Gallery Pics

LOved the episode, great start for the season

+Quote Post
Botchia
post Jul 17 2017, 07:20 PM
Post #32
I Drink Wine
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

Great season opener, setting things up nicely for what is bound to be an action packed and thrilling season!

LOVED Arya in this episode. That opening sequence was bloody incredible!!

+Quote Post
Severin
post Jul 17 2017, 08:31 PM
Post #33
Mansonette
Member No.: 9,872
   No Gallery Pics

Did anyone else notice GOT had David Bradley aka the guy playing The Doctor in the xmas special rip his face off to reveal a woman.

Spooky

This post has been edited by Severin: Jul 17 2017, 08:32 PM

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Jul 17 2017, 08:32 PM
Post #34
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 12,929
   No Gallery Pics

God I had chills from the opening scene once it all clicked, what a way to open the series that pretty much justifies Arya's shortcomings lately with one awesome moment.

And to follow that up with a huge scene discussing Northern politics (Karstark, Umber and Glover references are always welcome for me), Arya meeting Ed Sheeran - in a nice friendly scene we shall call 'Arya rediscovers her humanity before inevitably brutally murdering more people to be safe', Daenerys' 'shall we begin', there was so much good happening.

It was themed so much better than many past opening episodes I've noticed. Season 2 had the comet like the book did but this had constant references to the theme of holding on to power and made a big focus on the Wall which speculation spoilermeans I think it's got to be falling soon, Sandor seeing it in the flames, I got so many chills when he described Eastwatch which we'd already heard was going to be manned by Tormund.

And then there was Sam hearing about the Wall and the Long Night from the Grandmaester, and then him finding the big solution that Dragonstone is hiding just before we get that wonderful sequence reintroducing itself to the audience as a setting for Daenerys to base herself from, it was all paced so VERY PLEASINGLY.

Very strong opening episode and the strongest opening episode for several seasons, only weak thing I thought was Euron's performance which seemed a little off.

IT IS BACK AND I LOVE IT YAY

+Quote Post
Mart!n
post Jul 17 2017, 08:34 PM
Post #35
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
Member No.: 2

Loved the episode, fantastic start with Arya as disguised as David Bradley laugh.gif I also spied a certain singing artist ohmy.gif laugh.gif The ending was superb, thank god for catch up TV. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Jul 17 2017, 09:05 PM
Post #36
The owls are not what they seem
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

Daenerys just casually stealing the whole episode with just a single line of dialogue *.

Still, great episode nonethless, I mean I would've loved anything rlly as it's been so long laugh.gif The openings always just feel like catch ups and reminders of where everyone is, but this managed to maintain tension and introduce new paths. I'm really intrigued where The Hound and Samwell are going to go.

Oh and yes that was a hell of an opening, SO happy to see Arya in an interesting storyline at last! (Preferably not too much Sheeran coming up though plz x)

+Quote Post
Mart!n
post Jul 17 2017, 09:08 PM
Post #37
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
Member No.: 2

I really thought Arya was going to knife Ed Sheeran laugh.gif

+Quote Post
post Jul 17 2017, 10:45 PM
Post #38
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 19,931

The Ed Sheeran cameo felt so tacky and forced as well as cringe that it really took me out of it for a moment. Good episode otherwise.

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Jul 17 2017, 11:00 PM
Post #39
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 12,929
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Joe. @ Jul 17 2017, 11:45 PM) *
The Ed Sheeran cameo felt so tacky and forced as well as cringe that it really took me out of it for a moment. Good episode otherwise.

I did have the thought that the song he was singing was just like some random song off Divide. Nothing on the wonderful Rains of Castamere by either The National or Sigur Rós, or the Bear and the Maiden Fair even. Those felt set within the series, this was just Sheeran getting himself everywhere. And the camera was on him far too much.

The rest of the scene served a good purpose though I thought, to remind us that most foot soldiers don't give a shit about who's ruling the kingdoms and are actually decent people. It'll be interesting to see what Arya does with them, I half wondered whether her drunken 'joke' was a test to try and get them to antagonise her so she had a reason to kill.

+Quote Post
Jαsє
post Jul 17 2017, 11:12 PM
Post #40
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 14,043
   No Gallery Pics

I cringed so hard seeing Sheeran. Apart from him, I really enjoyed the episode. That opener with Arya had me fistpumping and I actually found it quite chilling hearing Cersei be SO cold - referencing her kids as "just ash". Her calling Olenna Tyrell an old c**t had me chuckling tho.. laugh.gif

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:43 PM