BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How successful will the KP4 era be?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post Nov 20 2016, 07:05 PM
Post #1
c:
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,692

There's no denying that Katy has had a rather successful three eras on the trot but with such a hiatus since the last album, the likes of Emeli Sande recently have shown that doesn't always work in your favour, a few years is a long time in the rapidly changing pop world.

We did get Rise not long ago and although never intended to be a proper lead single, it hardly set the charts alight which could be a worrying sign for things to come. Do we think the lead single from KP4 will be massive like Roar or in the new streaming era, will she struggle to get another hit again? Will she keep up platinum album streak or will she find it hard to shift many copies at all?

This post has been edited by Josh.: Nov 20 2016, 07:06 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Nov 20 2016, 07:23 PM
Post #2
is in hibernation
Group: Banned
Member No.: 21,161

I'm not sure tbh. I don't think it'll be as successful as any of her other eras but I don't think she'll flop. At worst, it could be her 'Goodbye Lullaby'. I hope not though sad.gif

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Nov 20 2016, 07:40 PM
Post #3
c:
Member No.: 20,692

Yeah, I'm really worried this is going to fail pretty drastically. Prism already saw a pretty large drop off in album sales from TD and only really Roar/Dark Horse have stayed with the public (luckily they were MASSIVE so that worked out well for her). She needs to come with a single far more instant than Rise if she wants any success really but I'm just not sure I can see this era being as big as the last couple. I'm hoping she'll come back with some huge single like always but after such a long break from music (plus you never really hear much from her in the news headlines), I'm a bit worried this era is going to be a little bit of a struggle success wise.

+Quote Post
(Zach)
post Nov 29 2016, 03:11 AM
Post #4
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 18,512

I think she's going to smash, so long as the first single is catchy and a step up from Rise. While I agree that hiatuses hurt many artists, Katy Perry is too big of a name and I think the break has built up some anticipation for her material. At the end of the day, people love her. I think everyone is ready for new material from her, and very few know that Rise even happened...

I don't think streaming will hinder her in any way either. Dark Horse and Roar have 400 million and 300 million Spotify streams respectively, so it's not like she's struggled in that area. Rise has even managed 37 million streams despite being a promotional single/total flop.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:55 AM