BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Movies Family Fortunes
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Regina
post Jul 5 2016, 06:54 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

Time to return to some run games with answerable answers and fun results. #noshade
Family Fortunes, you all know the game and how to play by now. Find the most popuar answer and gain the most points to win.

PM me your answers to the following questions.

1. Quote a line said by Éowyn from The Lord of the Rings.
2. Name a movie starring Dominic Cooper based off a piece of literature.
3. Name one of the powers used by any of the main characters in The Covenant.
4. Other than being stabbed, name a way that a character was killed in any of the 4 Scream movies.
5. Name an actor/actress who has a “2 for 2” record for the main acting Academy Award categories. *
6. Name a Bond Theme which failed to reach the top 10 in the UK.
7. Name a popular Australian actor who got their start in Home and Away.
8. Name a movie starring Amy Adams that was released before her breakout role in Junebug.
9. Name an award nomination Ryan Gosling received for the movie Half Nelson.
10. Name a movie sequel that made more money than its predecessor.

BONUS

11. Name a movie in which Sebastian Stan has at least one shirtless scene.
12. Name a Diane Warren song that was nominated for a Grammy.

Remember the bonus questions folks.

*2 nominations and 2 wins. (Best Actor/Actress and Best Supporting Actor/Actress)

A week to get these in, so 12th July.

Players:

Regina
Jade
memebury
Harry
Iz
Alex!
SamJudd
Josh
Chez Wombat
Dannyboy
lotti
Oliver
Jonjo
Jahq
*tim
Ultraviolence1989

This post has been edited by Regina: Jul 12 2016, 04:41 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
lotita
post Jul 5 2016, 06:59 PM
Post #2
Group icon
feminist icon
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,777
Really good set of questions! Will enter when I'm home

+Quote this post
Jade
post Jul 5 2016, 07:43 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810
Entered! biggrin.gif thinking i might have got #5 wrong but we shall see.

There were two obvious answers that popped into my head for Q10 so i hope i've gone with a more popular one!

+Quote this post
Regina
post Jul 6 2016, 03:51 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Raining Shitter
After conversations with UV it's been decided that Richie's answers have been veteoed since they are obviously troll answers.
He can resend them with proper thought put into them or just leave it and not get any chance of points on the leaderboard.

+Quote this post
richie
post Jul 7 2016, 07:04 AM
Post #5
Group icon
Poet and Storyteller
User: 166
You know I don't Google - how on earth am I supposed to play otherwise? Besides, more than half of my answers were genuine attempts - the others are largely things I've never heard of.

As for trolling, I could point out that your answer to naming a Sherman Brothers song was to call me a c**t. Jesus, but have it your own way you self-righteous control freak.

This post has been edited by richie: Jul 7 2016, 08:13 AM

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Jul 7 2016, 08:41 AM
Post #6
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
QUOTE(Regina @ Jul 6 2016, 04:51 PM) *
After conversations with UV it's been decided that Richie's answers have been veteoed since they are obviously troll answers.
He can resend them with proper thought put into them or just leave it and not get any chance of points on the leaderboard.
That's not really fair tbh. :/ Sorry but I disagree with that decision. Just make a rule where you get 5 points deducted for every wrong answer or something. No need to turn this into BJSC and have all the fun and life removed from it by making some shitty rule, where someone is vetoed coz they didn't send in correct answers.

+Quote this post
Regina
post Jul 7 2016, 09:29 AM
Post #7
Group icon
Raining Shitter
It's perfectly fair, more than half of the answers submitted were obvious attempts at trolling. I discussed it with UV and she agreed. If you don't know the answers, don't play. Plenty people send incorrect answers but it's clear they gave it some thought and they are not given penalties.
richie is perfectly welcome to re-send them with some actual effort put into it.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Jul 7 2016, 10:01 AM
Post #8
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
This is Family Fortunes. It's meant to be a light hearted, fun game. The answers are part of the fun in it. People should be able to answer whatever they want. It's them not getting the points/finishing at whatever position they finish in. This sort of stuff is what ruined BJSC for me. It got to the point where there was no fun in it anymore.

Obviously do whatever you want, it's your game and I get your point about those who do try etc... But I'm voicing my opinion coz I don't want the movies forum to be tainted with stuff like this. laugh.gif It's a great community in this part of the forum and one of my absolute fave forums on this site.

+Quote this post
richie
post Jul 7 2016, 10:03 AM
Post #9
Group icon
Poet and Storyteller
I can't remember what I said for Ryan Gosling, but 7 of the 10 questions were answered to the best of my knowledge. I just put things I found amusing for 3 and 4. It's Family Fortunes FFS (FFFFS) so what's the point in guessing when I'll probably get zero anyway? It might be worth a punt in Pointless.

Surely the bonus questions are bonuses so what I put for them doesn't matter? Why are there always "bonus" questions anyway?

I'm not going to resubmit, so you can keep me banned and keep my name scored out like the naughty schoolboy I am. That'll teach me.

+Quote this post
Regina
post Jul 7 2016, 10:19 AM
Post #10
Group icon
Raining Shitter
Putting crap like "book keeping" for a power in The Covenant and "fear of appearing in another sequel" for the Scream question are obvious trolls and not amusing at all. If you insist on not googling then make an educated guess, there are several popular ways a serial killer might finish off someone in a horror movie for example.
You put "best bottom" for the Ryan Gosling question, again, not funny, and considering there are a ton of award he could be (and was) nominated for, it shouldn't be hard to engage your brain. None of these games need to be done by anyone, we can just go back to not having any. People put the time and effort into hosting and presentaing these, the least you can do is not make a joke out of it. I've said richie can easily try the questions he trolled with again and he will be allowed back in, it's his own problem if he is too stubborn to do so. Plenty of people send in jokey or funny answers but for the most part it's clear they have tried and I am happy to accept them. I am not tainting the movie forum in any way.

I put a lot of effort into making these a set of questions that a) are interesting and could expand people's horizons to new things b) make you actually think a little bit and put effort into their answers c) are not the same sort of questions always used. If you aren't going to join in with the spirit of it then don't play.
I took part in your no googling round and stuck to the no googling rule even though I found it annoying and hard and only on one question did I give a stupid answer.

This post has been edited by Regina: Jul 7 2016, 10:19 AM

+Quote this post
richie
post Jul 7 2016, 10:37 AM
Post #11
Group icon
Poet and Storyteller
It's perfectly fair, more than half of the answers submitted were obvious attempts at trolling.

Don't tell lies.

I'll sit this one out then, I'm clearly annoying everyone.

+Quote this post
Regina
post Jul 7 2016, 11:04 AM
Post #12
Group icon
Raining Shitter
At this point I really don't give a flying f*** what you do, I have enough crap to deal with at home without coming here to deal with a grown man throwing his toys out the pram.

+Quote this post
bipolar angel
post Jul 7 2016, 11:08 AM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 20,494
QUOTE(Regina @ Jul 7 2016, 12:04 PM) *
At this point I really don't give a flying f*** what you do, I have enough crap to deal with at home without coming here to deal with a grown man throwing his toys out the pram.

thank you for the laugh

oh my god i needed that

+Quote this post
Regina
post Jul 7 2016, 11:26 AM
Post #14
Group icon
Raining Shitter
Now, less bitching, more playing.

+Quote this post
richie
post Jul 7 2016, 12:19 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Poet and Storyteller
QUOTE(Regina @ Jul 7 2016, 12:04 PM) *

Sorry to hear you're having trouble at home, but it's not me "throwing my toys out the pram" here, it's you.

Why make all this fuss over the answers I gave? Mark them wrong and carry on.

Good luck with the rest of the quiz, enjoy it. Don't take it so seriously.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post Jul 7 2016, 02:48 PM
Post #16
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846
Just sent mine

+Quote this post
Regina
post Jul 9 2016, 01:08 PM
Post #17
Group icon
Raining Shitter
Bumpy

+Quote this post
Dannyboy
post Jul 9 2016, 02:20 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 632
I sent mine, just been reading this top and well didn't things escalate quite quickly ha ha

+Quote this post
Regina
post Jul 10 2016, 11:01 AM
Post #19
Group icon
Raining Shitter
Sent a few reminders to people who nomrally enter this, only a day or so till this closes, more please.

+Quote this post
Dannyboy
post Jul 10 2016, 11:33 AM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 632
You get mine ? don't see my name on the list that's all

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:45 AM