BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Aladdin ● Live-action remake, 🧞‍♂️
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
HausofKubrick
post May 30 2019, 09:38 PM
Post #1
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,007

Out now!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Calum
post May 30 2019, 09:44 PM
Post #2
nabad
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 18,316

Saw this the other night and it was fantastic! I don't think it's quite managed to capture the magic of the original, but it's such an enjoyable film. It's entertaining, funny, emotional, dramatic and thrilling. Very rarely happens with a film for me, but I left the cinema wanting to go back in and watch it again.

I did think Will Smith was going to be kinda annoying as the Genie, but as soon as he burst out of the lamp his performance was captivating and he really did shine throughout, as well as Mena and Naomi who were both brilliant as Aladdin and Jasmine. wub.gif All of the musical numbers had me going and A Whole New World and Speechless in particular had me close to tears. cry.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
T Boy
post May 31 2019, 09:14 AM
Post #3
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Members
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I loved this, it was just so much fun!

It’s different enough from the original and though it doesn’t top that, it can be enjoyed on its own merits easily enough.

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post May 31 2019, 09:20 AM
Post #4
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,007

^ agree with both!

I had major reservations because it's in my top 3 Animated Classics, and while I don't think it quite captured what made the original so special, it certainly gave a good fight.

The cast was superb. Mena is just.... GODLY *.* and Will Smith was an inspired choice for genie. The only negative with casting for me was Jafar - he was not terrifying or mystical enough and just didn't send shivers down my spine like the animated villain did.

Loved the musical numbers - it has such an underrated soundtrack but they did it justice.

Overall, not groundbreaking but such a fun watch.

+Quote Post
T Boy
post May 31 2019, 09:36 AM
Post #5
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(HausofTove @ May 31 2019, 10:20 AM) *
^ agree with both!

I had major reservations because it's in my top 3 Animated Classics, and while I don't think it quite captured what made the original so special, it certainly gave a good fight.

The cast was superb. Mena is just.... GODLY *.* and Will Smith was an inspired choice for genie. The only negative with casting for me was Jafar - he was not terrifying or mystical enough and just didn't send shivers down my spine like the animated villain did.

Loved the musical numbers - it has such an underrated soundtrack but they did it justice.

Overall, not groundbreaking but such a fun watch.

Oh yes Jafar was really meh. He was a huge character in the animation but just fell flat in this. I think that that’s easily forgiven though when they got Aladdin and Jasmine so right and Will Smith’s Genie was actually great. I agree about the soundtrack too.

Also forgot to say but Dalia is a new fave.

+Quote Post
Calum
post May 31 2019, 10:58 AM
Post #6
nabad
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 18,316

Agree with the comments about Jafar! I was waiting for him to have a true moment of being utterly evil, and granted he did have that in the end but throughout the film he was just a little too soft spoken and underwhelming really. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post May 31 2019, 06:13 PM
Post #7
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

Lmao. I can't really add anything more laugh.gif Aladdin is a massive fave of mine so for the first time ever, I had huge reservations, ESPECIALLY as the 1st trailer and teaser broke my heart with the treatment of Jafar. Although I ended up not minding him, he was still very... "soft" and not very... villainous (although I enjoyed his villainy stuff towards the end). Jafar is one of my favourite movie villains and a Disney classic villain, so expectations were always going to be ridiculous for me, but I wanted a bit more power in his delivery.

No qualms about anybody else though! Perfect casting and love love LOVED Jasmine's new song <3 Been a fan of Naomi since Power Rangers and I'm SO glad to see her getting the recognition she deserves!

+Quote Post
post Jun 2 2019, 08:09 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 19,931

Naomi Scott is the true winner. A revelation.

+Quote Post
UltraCruelSummer
post Jun 9 2019, 01:20 AM
Post #9
It's a cruel summer.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

LOVED this *.*

Naomi was the standout, she slayed *.* I loved Mena & Will and Dalia is my new icon, we need more love for here here! (At least tboy mentioned her <3)

The soundtrack was also amazing, I got goosebumps in a whole new world and speechless is amaze <3

+Quote Post
kye
post Jul 16 2019, 07:18 PM
Post #10
• aesthetic party •
Member No.: 2,169

i just saw this today and was literally blown away, i loved it! i think i actually enjoyed it more than the animated one..
naomi scott really was a revelation, she was amazing - i got goosebumps during her big speechless moment. in fact, the whole cast were pretty fab.

i agree with the jafar elements not being spine-chillingly terrifying but i think aladdin, jasmine + the genie more than made up for it!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:31 PM