BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> AF IDOL 3.0 | Mod Discussion
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
JosephBoone
post 1st August 2021, 04:23 PM
Post #1
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
AF Idol 3.0

Not anticipating Rita will get past the first 5 rounds so basically...

1. Free choice I Will Never Let You Down
2. Album track The One
3. Free choice (must not have been sent to a main AF Idol contest before) Let You Love Me
4. Ballad (singles or album tracks) Body On Me (y'all decided 100 bpm or less I think? idek)
5. Free choice Anywhere
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 1st August 2021, 04:55 PM
Post #2
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217
Yes let’s do that

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 1st August 2021, 05:12 PM
Post #3
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
I think Rita has a really good chance of making the top 12 actually. I think we should reserve one of IWNLYD or Anywhere "just in case" (no point using both big ones just for the sake of using them - coz that'll screw us over if we do manage to get through.)

I was thinking of maybe replacing one of them with HRN or Radioactive (neither are my faves but they seem to have casual fans) or perhaps even Ritual or something.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 1st August 2021, 05:20 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Maybe even 'Lonely Together'.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 1st August 2021, 05:21 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Honestly I think Rita's only real chance of making the top 12 is if we use the big guns sooner. If she does make the top 12, it won't really matter what order we send the songs and we can use stuff like Lonely Together at a later date

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 1st August 2021, 05:24 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Yep I’m with Joseph on this one. Not bringing out the big guns in the first half would seal Rita’s fate to miss the Top 12.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 1st August 2021, 06:46 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Lonely Together is a big enough gun to use 1st round in place of Anywhere/I Will Never Let You Down. Doin' It def will be too. Hot Right Now too. Ritual is perhaps touch and go - so maybe not that.

1. Free choice I Will Never Let You Down/Anywhere
2. Album track The One/First Time High
3. Free choice (must not have been sent to a main AF Idol contest before) Let You Love Me
4. Ballad (singles or album tracks) Only Want You
5. Free choice Doin' It/Lonely Together

6. Free choice (must not have been sent to a main AF Idol contest before) Hot Right Now
7. Album track (must not have been sent to a main AF Idol contest before) ???
8. Free choice Doin' It/Lonely Together
9. Ballad (album track) ???
10. For the Win: Free Choice (Those artists who have reached the final before must send a different song) I Will Never Let You Down/Anywhere

That's kinda the run I had in mind. We may need some further help on the album track rounds from the forum, but I think this would be a great run for us happy.gif

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 1st August 2021, 07:10 PM
Post #8
Group icon
First Time High didn't prove to be popular in 2.0, so I think we should try something new for Album Track. The One seems like a good idea given that it's new, and I suppose it'll be interesting to see how the forum responds to something that isn't ORA or Phoenix eras.

I still agree with Joseph that using her strongest singles in first half is what could see Rita defy the odds and make it through to the second half.

In AF Idol 1.0 - 'Doing It' came 10th out of 17 in a round, which could suggest a likelihood to end up placing in the lower half in a 3.0 round. Similarly Lonely Together came 10th out of 14 in a later round. Whereas Anywhere came 1st out of 10!

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 1st August 2021, 07:16 PM
Post #9
Group icon
I'm out right now so quick reply but I agree with Jay here, if we play big at the start we may secure Rita a place in later rounds. If we take risks, I'm confident she'd be out and we'd have lost our opportunity.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 1st August 2021, 07:32 PM
Post #10
Group icon
The "half the forums are culled at the half way point" twist does make this into a somewhat different game in terms of tactics - it essentially makes the first half of the game into a fight to get into the Top 12! To me that suggests that a lot of forums will choose amongst their strongest songs in the first half, to try and ensure that they get through.

I think some forums like Gaga can afford to be somewhat relaxed and 'save up' their heavy hitters for the second half (because they have such celebrated discographies, it's kind of difficult for them to put a foot wrong), but then there's other AFs who probably need to go straight in with the big guns to have a better chance... my feeling is that Rita is one of those artists. I could see her being a 14th/15th placer if we don't go big.

By the way we sent Let You Love Me in AF Idol 1.0! http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=222196

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 1st August 2021, 08:18 PM
Post #11
Group icon
I still think saving one of 'Anywhere'/'I Will Never Let You Down' and replacing it with 'Lonely Together' will be enough (just checked how 'Doin' It' did for Charli last time and that bombed too... I remembered it v differently and remembered it slaying lol - so avoid that one then)

I've just done the songs sent to past Idol's stuff and saw it on there. So yeah, need a rethink on that one.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 1st August 2021, 08:50 PM
Post #12
Group icon
I assume we've not sent Anywhere before so we can just swap that with Let You Love Me and it works similarly

Edit: scratch that, we've sent Anywhere too lol. Scratch Let You Love Me and send You for Me in round 3 x

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 1st August 2021, 09:03 PM
Post #13
Group icon
QUOTE(JosephStyles @ Aug 1 2021, 09:50 PM) *
send You for Me in round 3 x

A summer anthem! *giggles*