BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Bake Off: Creme de la Creme, Tuesdays at 8pm | Staying on BBC Two for Series 2
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Klaus
post Dec 2 2015, 11:42 PM
Post #1
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

The Great British Bake Off has truly been a phenomenon and has inspired many a show, including The Great British Sewing Bee and the currently airing The Great Pottery Throwdown. However, now is the time to have it's own official spin-off, following in the path of Masterchef by having a special Professionals series titled 'Bake Off: Creme de la Creme'.

It features significant differences from the original show, with there being teams of three, rather than individuals competing, as well as a different presenter and different judges.

QUOTE(BBC)
The Great British Bake Off is getting a spin-off show where professional pastry chefs compete to prepare the best desserts.

Bake Off: Creme de la Creme will be presented by Michelin-starred chef Tom Kerridge.

Fifteen teams of professional chefs will compete to produce the most impressive miniatures and showpiece desserts.

The eight-part series will be shown on BBC Two next year.

The chefs will work in teams of three and will come from famous hotels, top restaurants and patisseries, as well as the development iamspamspamamiof a leading supermarket, the armed forces and private clubs.

Their efforts will be judged by three of the industry's most influential pastry chefs - Benoit Blin from Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons, Cherish Finden from The Langham Hotel in London and Claire Clark who has twice been named Britain's best pastry chef.

The new show is being made by the same team who produce The Great British Bake Off. Love Productions promised tension and drama as the chefs work together to show off their skills and creativity. The winner will be the team who displays "the precision of surgeons, the knowledge of chemists and the creativity of artists".
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post Dec 4 2015, 08:37 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272
I can't help wondering whether this is over-egging the pudding (to use a baking metaphor tongue.gif ), but it could be interesting.

+Quote this post
Botchia
post Mar 26 2016, 08:47 PM
Post #3
Group icon
I Drink Wine
User: 21,753
This will be broadcast in the old Bake Off timeslot on Tuesdays at 8pm! biggrin.gif I'm looking forward to seeing how the series will differ from the main show. I imagine we'll be seeing some more visually spectacular bakes considering they are professional and working in teams.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post Mar 26 2016, 10:16 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54
This could be okay in the way that Celebrity/Professional versions of Masterchef work as well as the original series. The fact that they're all already skilled in baking should mean that the show may have a slightly different feel/edge to it.

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post Mar 26 2016, 11:40 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043
I'm really not being shady but can somebody please explain what the appeal of this show is? Isn't it just people baking things? How is that not like watching paint dry? laugh.gif

+Quote this post
dandy*
post Mar 26 2016, 11:52 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Mansonette
Because we all love watching paint dry too, look at the success of Changing Rooms, Grand Designs, Great British Design Challenge etc.

But in all seriousness, I don't see what's difficult to see on this one... Cookery programmes have always been quite popular, add in a dose of gentle British humour/innuendo, reality tv style contestants and wrap it around a competition and you've got a mix of many things that have been popular on TV in the past decade.

+Quote this post
AaronTM
post Mar 26 2016, 11:59 PM
Post #7
Group icon
salty foods parch the human
Pronouns: he/him
User: 4,631
To me, this sounds a whole lot like an alternative version/new name for Great British Menu and not a Great British Bake Off spin-off. We need Mary or Mel and/or Sue!

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post Mar 27 2016, 07:34 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(dandy* @ Mar 27 2016, 12:52 AM) *
Because we all love watching paint dry too, look at the success of Changing Rooms, Grand Designs, Great British Design Challenge etc.
But in all seriousness, I don't see what's difficult to see on this one... Cookery programmes have always been quite popular, add in a dose of gentle British humour/innuendo, reality tv style contestants and wrap it around a competition and you've got a mix of many things that have been popular on TV in the past decade.

Yeah, I know these kinda shows are popular but...I mean, last years final brought in over 14 million viewers. WHAT is that about?! laugh.gif

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-...ust-boring.html

I think that article sums it all up really ^

+Quote this post
Botchia
post Mar 27 2016, 07:45 PM
Post #9
Group icon
I Drink Wine
It's Daily Mail though...

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post Mar 27 2016, 07:58 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
"But when a show's highlight is a tattooed man putting beetroot into his black forest gateau you start to wonder if Bake Off's not only past its sell-by date, but starting to turn mouldy."

...kinda has a point tho laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Botchia
post Mar 27 2016, 08:39 PM
Post #11
Group icon
I Drink Wine
But that doesn't even make sense since the last series was its most successful to date. You can't call a show with 15 million viewers 'past its sell-by date' laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post Mar 27 2016, 09:09 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
It highlights my point of it being a total bore, though laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Botchia
post Mar 30 2016, 07:49 PM
Post #13
Group icon
I Drink Wine
So this is Bake Off in name only. It's a completely different show to the main one in both style and format! It's more reminiscent of Masterchef than Bake Off.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Mar 30 2016, 07:59 PM
Post #14
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
Yes, I've heard a lot of reviews stating that it is just Masterchef: Baking and absolutely nothing like the Bake Off in any way. I also read that the host doesn't even try anything because he's on a low carb diet? laugh.gif

+Quote this post
dandy*
post Mar 30 2016, 08:08 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Mansonette
So I watched this and it was soooooo serious. I got bored very quickly and barely a day later can't really remember the first challenge or any of the contestants.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post Mar 30 2016, 09:02 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272
Once it got going (after an interminable trailer for itself which seemed to go on for hours), I quite enjoyed it although it was all rather serious when compared with the "real" show. I did, however, feel that the closeness of the scores in the first round didn't seem to reflect the comments.

+Quote this post
Botchia
post Jan 20 2017, 02:34 PM
Post #17
Group icon
I Drink Wine
This is staying on BBC Two for the second series ohmy.gif

Angus Deayton replaces Tom Kerridge as host. This show definitely isn't Bake Off but I did enjoy it for what it was. They did need to inject a bit of humour into it, so hopefully the change of host will help that.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-01-20/...with-a-new-host

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Jan 20 2017, 02:39 PM
Post #18
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
Was just about to post this! I didn't think Channel 4 would be showing it but I thought it would be dead in the water due the it being called 'Bake Off...' and its still produced by Love Productions! Its quite bizarre to have a spin-off on a completely different channel!

+Quote this post
dandy*
post Jan 23 2017, 08:01 PM
Post #19
Group icon
Mansonette
It took me a few episodes to like it but I was quite fond of it by the end of the series. It did feel far too serious to be associated with Bake Off though, it would have been better not having that attachment as it set expectations way too high.

+Quote this post
Botchia
post Apr 5 2017, 02:35 PM
Post #20
Group icon
I Drink Wine
I enjoyed it for what it was this series. I'm glad they've got Angus as host, it's added a bit of light relief to proceedings. I just find their creations spectacular to look at though, it's worth watching for that alone.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:33 PM