BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Expendables 3, Old school muscle team is back!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Insomnio
post Sep 1 2014, 10:17 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,742
I watched this movie at the cinema today. "The Expendables" just came back and the production added three famous actors to the cast (Mel Gibson, Harrison Ford, Antonio Banderas). One of my best friends and I watched the first two films at the cinema and we were sure what we would see in the new movie too. However, we enjoyed those films and we wanted to watch the third part too. Besides, it's always difficult to stop bad habits. I always believe that the actors of "Expendables" are honest with themselves because they believe that they are expended with their movies every time. Some of them were very famous in the past (Arnorld Scharzenegger, Sylvester Stallone) and their movies had commercial success at the Box Office but this doesn't change the fact that their talent is always limited..
Though I was a big fan of Arnold Scharzenegger when I was kid/teenager, I regard that the soul of "The Expendables" is Sylvester Stallone (he is the leading actor) and this movie could not exist without him. When a movie has many sequels rarely the context and the quality improve over the time. Every new movie is worse than the previous one, the script is always the same or similar and the actors begin to lose their good mood from the first film. Despite the fact that "The Expendables 2" made the difference with the unpredictably enjoyable result, "The Expendables 3" just confirmed the rule. Unfortunately, it was pretty hard to watch it until the half of its length and the hot fuss finally happened in the last thirty minutes. Sylvester Stallone had the same boring facial expressions all the time and the addition of young actors was a waste of time. Honestly, their participation in "The Expendables" was the most bland thing in the series. Apart that some of these were "ornamental plants" in the movie (A Greek phrase). Antonio Banderas had the most deserve role because he literally trolled everyone with his character and he made us laugh with his funny quotes. Despite the fact that "The Expendables 2" was better than the first film and it had incredible quotes and gags, the third part expended with senseless explosions, dialogues and expressions. The only positive fact about this movie was the final battle because it reminded us of "old bad cinema times" (Rambo etc). I found the direction worse in comparison with the first two films while the performances seemed so tired and I felt that they were bored of this concept. They looked very jaded and overwhelmed and the results were very tragicomic at the big screen.
"The Expendables 3" didn't have the best beginning at the Box Office even though the second part outnumbered the debut film. I guess that the third part will struggle to reach the half numbers of their total earnings. The fact that it was released in August and without strong competition, it shows that their boredom has been "expended" so far. However, the producers weren't disappointed with the result and I read somewhere that they are ready for the next movie. Let's hope they make a very bad movie because they will have a place in history of cinema (even in a negative way). If they make another similar story like this and the actors feel bored and tired, everyone will forget it after a while..

This post has been edited by Insomnio: Sep 3 2014, 06:46 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:49 PM