BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
81 Pages V  « < 75 76 77 78 79 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> EastEnders
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
T Boy
post 28th March 2024, 09:54 PM
Post #1521
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177

I’ve never been fully on board with Ben and Callum given that it’s always been an abusive relationship held up by the show as some sort of fairytale. Ben needs a long rest now.

Whitney also needs a long rest and I think I can now see where she’ll get it. Yet another character who’s quite horrible to everyone but constantly thrust forward as some sort of saint.

I don’t see many issues with Denzel’s acting, I do often cringe when they have teen characters shouting but this current crowd are all pretty talented and unusually fleshed out as characters for their ages so it works.

Priya is also an absolute find for the show, fantastic actor and character, I can’t wait to see more of her. I’m also glad that Martin is getting distanced from Stacey.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 28th March 2024, 11:31 PM
Post #1522
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176

Also a fan of Priya and her pairing with Martin. Her dynamic with both Avani and Ravi is great as well, it would be nice to see her with Nugget more, it's like she's forgotten he is her son as well laugh.gif

I like the Denzel storyline I just don't like Denzel as a character, it seems like they had potential but have lost it. I can't stand Yolande oops.

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post 28th March 2024, 11:49 PM
Post #1523
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043

They have no idea what to do with Ravi anymore do they? He has a heep of potential so I hope they find something more substantial for him to do soon.

Why is Dean still in the show? I just don't get it drama.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 29th March 2024, 12:15 AM
Post #1524
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Thank god we can be rid of Ballum, they had 0 chemistry, they never made sense as a couple and the less said of their unhinged fanbase, the better laugh.gif What a pointless and muted exit, I think Max pissed off production and they just binned him quickly but in a way that leaves the door open for the character, no build up at all, it’s just odd for a character they invested so much in over the last few years to be gone so quickly.

Echoing the love for Priya, she’s such an exciting rising star for the show and at a time where it feels like they don’t know what to do with half the cast, they’ve got her so right.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 29th March 2024, 05:51 PM
Post #1525
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116

Priya has had quite a good introduction so far. Often in soaps when there’s a new character they tend to make the mistake of overusing them too soon and shoehorn them into stories where they’re not needed and force friendships and relationships but she’s had quite a slow but natural build up being used here and there and slowly integrating herself with the cast. I like that she plays quite a lighthearted comedic esque role and she’s doing that well but I do think she’d do well with more dramatic stories too.

The exit of Ben was underwhelming especially for how extensively used his character was for a time. I’ve always rated Max as an actor yet I never quite seen him as the character of Ben. I think if Max was cast as a completely new character to the show I might have enjoyed him more but I still just don’t see him as Ben Mitchell. The character of Ben did need resting but I can’t see the character being off screens for too long and I imagine we’ll get yet another actor playing him again soon although with Clenshaw in charge if he does still happen to be in charge at the time I wonder if they’ll do a recast back to Harry Reid esque change for Ben. Harry was the best Ben for me so I wouldn’t be mad if they did but the character does need at least a years rest if not longer.

This post has been edited by Jordanlee: 29th March 2024, 05:54 PM

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 29th March 2024, 06:29 PM
Post #1526
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: he/him
User: 19,585

I was only thinking yesterday that we should have Harry Reid back if we do get a recast

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 29th March 2024, 06:35 PM
Post #1527
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll

Harry Reid was pretty ropey though whenever Ben was required to shout at someone which was pretty much every other episode.

I’d just let Ben go for now. Lexie has two other dads, Kathy can focus on her other son and his family and if they need to resurrect a Mitchell for Phil, find a way to bring back Louise, Courtney or Mark Jnr. Or get him to bond with his actual nephew he never speaks to who lives across the a Square.

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 29th March 2024, 06:37 PM
Post #1528
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: he/him
User: 19,585

QUOTE(T Boy @ Mar 29 2024, 06:35 PM) *
Or get him to bond with his actual nephew he never speaks to who lives across the a Square.

Legit had to Wiki this as it's hard to remember Ricky is related to Phil despite Sam being Ricky's mother laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 29th March 2024, 07:52 PM
Post #1529
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

QUOTE(Jordanlee @ Mar 29 2024, 05:51 PM) *
Priya has had quite a good introduction so far. Often in soaps when there’s a new character they tend to make the mistake of overusing them too soon and shoehorn them into stories where they’re not needed and force friendships and relationships but she’s had quite a slow but natural build up being used here and there and slowly integrating herself with the cast. I like that she plays quite a lighthearted comedic esque role and she’s doing that well but I do think she’d do well with more dramatic stories too.

The exit of Ben was underwhelming especially for how extensively used his character was for a time. I’ve always rated Max as an actor yet I never quite seen him as the character of Ben. I think if Max was cast as a completely new character to the show I might have enjoyed him more but I still just don’t see him as Ben Mitchell. The character of Ben did need resting but I can’t see the character being off screens for too long and I imagine we’ll get yet another actor playing him again soon although with Clenshaw in charge if he does still happen to be in charge at the time I wonder if they’ll do a recast back to Harry Reid esque change for Ben. Harry was the best Ben for me so I wouldn’t be mad if they did but the character does need at least a years rest if not longer.

109%!!! Since when has he been a "chicken dhop" hard gangster?! It's BEN MITCHELL!!

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 29th March 2024, 08:58 PM
Post #1530
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

They really over invested in Max Bowden’s Ben, he is by far the best of the Bens but they piled so many storylines onto one character in the space of a couple of years that it was impossible not to feel fed up with him. The character definitely needs a rest before they even think about a recast or bringing one of the old actors back, so a storyline like this I guess was a good idea to give them that option later down the line but not quite yet. It did just feel so rushed though, especially for a character they gave so much development and airtime to, I feel like Max must have royally pissed off production laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 30th March 2024, 08:49 PM
Post #1531
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

I agree, Ben was totally overused and it's good to get a break before they bring the character back.

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 1st April 2024, 08:46 PM
Post #1532
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll

When the meat thermometer went missing, my immediate thought was that Elaine had been rummaging around and picked it up. She is exactly the kind of person who would do that. I can’t quite believe Linda and Johnny didn’t consider it.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 1st April 2024, 08:59 PM
Post #1533
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

100% THAT

+Quote this post
pippa
post 1st April 2024, 11:21 PM
Post #1534
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

That scene was hilarious tonight.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 1st April 2024, 11:25 PM
Post #1535
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Elaine having more of a reaction to a shoulder of lamb than any of her daughter’s descent into alcoholism is peak Elaine

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 2nd April 2024, 05:18 PM
Post #1536
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll

QUOTE(Liаm @ Apr 2 2024, 12:25 AM) *
Elaine having more of a reaction to a shoulder of lamb than any of her daughter’s descent into alcoholism is peak Elaine

When the Easter roast is ruined, things have gone too far.

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 2nd April 2024, 09:27 PM
Post #1537
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll

Love that Harvey just has a sledge hammer and crow bar lying around for Stacey to pinch-at least I assume she didn’t just ask ‘aright, Harv, just nippin’ out for a bit to do some casual diggin’, you got any tools?’

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post 2nd April 2024, 09:36 PM
Post #1538
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209

QUOTE(Liаm @ Apr 1 2024, 11:25 PM) *

Iconic scenes is you ask me

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 2nd April 2024, 10:38 PM
Post #1539
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176

Priya just sitting there shoogling the table had me cackling laugh.gif

Yea predictable result re: the meat thermometer but that whole dinner scene was so funny and idek if it was meant to be, Kelly Bright was iconic like if I was sitting around that table I'd be in tears at her reaction (obviously not knowing why she reacted like that). Did Elaine not stop to think why it was in a box?!

One of the best doof doofs in a while tonight too, not sure how Jack will react

+Quote this post
pippa
post 2nd April 2024, 11:17 PM
Post #1540
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

I think Jack will become part of the cover up.

+Quote this post

81 Pages V  « < 75 76 77 78 79 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 11:28 PM