BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Chart Predictions for 2017
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
TheSnake
post 31st December 2016, 12:51 AM
Post #1
Group icon
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
User: 23,308

I will start, I think tropical house will be finished as a chart force by mid 2017. Future bass will be dying out too by this point. No idea what will follow though, my best guess is a resurgence in progressive house (as everyone gets sick of the drop), albeit of the chilled type like Alan Walker's Faded as Radio 1 doesn't often seem willing to play anything too euphoric in dance any more sadly.

Drake will have a much quieter year chart wise, working on his next album. Rag n Bone Man will have another big hit later in the year. Mθ will probably have another big hit too by mid 2017. As has been said Ed Sheeran will release a single soon so 2017 chart guitar music will be dominated by singer songwriers at the expense of indie rock once again, although with the Killers releasing an album and an itunes number 1 almost certain for the first instant grat, they may get a top 40 hit.

Once again though the charts will still be very slow. The new ratio won't improve turnover that much.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post 31st December 2016, 01:05 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 23,155

I think these artists will do big things in 2017

Anne-Marie
- Seems like an obvious choice as Alarm showed that the public like her and she is bound to have a big solo single in 2017 after the success of Rockabye!

Alessia Cara
- Could have a big year if she is handled correctly. She seems to have many songs out at the moment which could be hits (Scars, How Far I'll Go, Seventeen etc..) however they need to focus on one rather than 2 or 3!

Camila Cabello
- She's already fairly known by music fans through Fifth Harmony so this gives her a head start I think. Her track with MGK is just about to take off so I think we will see a bit of success from her. Not as much as Fifth Harmony though IMO!

JP Cooper
- With September Song now just about taking off, I think that Cooper could be the male star of 2016. He has a very nice voice and has already featured on the massive track with Jonas Blue.

Louisa Johnson
- Louisa has had a decent 2016 with her collab with CB debuting top ten and having a healthy chart run, similar to So Good which is showing signs of decent longevity. I hope we get a new single before the album though as I think she could be huge!

Zara Larsson
- I don't think I even need to justify her laugh.gif

A few more predictions..
I don't think we'll see much from Drake or Justin Bieber in 2017.
2017 will be a good year for females hopefully, unlike this year sad.gif
Jess Glynne makes a big comeback
The Chainsmokers dominate
---------
Edited to add that Clean Bandit are obviously set up to have a big year.

This post has been edited by cqmerqn: 31st December 2016, 01:19 AM

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 31st December 2016, 01:16 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

I can already see it being the year of Ed Sheeran, unfortunately sad.gif

I also think Sam Smith will come back but have an Emeli Sandé like comeback.

Taylor Swift and Katy Perry may also return and like many other female comebacks not do as well as expected.

+Quote this post
TheSnake
post 31st December 2016, 01:18 AM
Post #4
Group icon

No Ellie Goulding hits in 2017 then, you don't think cqmerqn? laugh.gif

It would be good if Jess Glynne does another funky house song like DBSHOY.

The Chainsmokers dominate, but with what genre. The whole future bass style they brought into popularity with Roses is becoming very much overused in dance music now, which is why I think everyone will get sick of the big drops and progressive house will return by late 2017, or more lively less minimal dance music but considering how Radio 1 continues to shun the latter it is unlikely.

I forgot about Anne Marie, her and Mθ should have a good year. Zara I think will only have maybe two more hits from the debut album but they will both be big.

This post has been edited by Auld Lang Snake: 31st December 2016, 01:19 AM

+Quote this post
seven.
post 31st December 2016, 01:19 AM
Post #5
Group icon
i can only do one normal thing a day
User: 14,428

~ the charts (sound-wise) will be even more mediocre/average than ever. getting on spotify playlists is the key these days so more chance the big artists will play it safe. I will hope for an interesting, groundbreaking hit (like Somebody That I Used To Know) to arrive but to no avail << this is the most realistic prediction you'll see

~ popstars will knuckle down on that Chainsmokers-esque future bass sound as the next bandwagon choice (the likes of Starving, All Night etc were only the beginning of this)

~ Justin Bieber will return and break all sorts of streaming records

~ Buzzjack's beloved Ed/Sam/George trifecta will return *.* Ed will be huge, Sam will probably avoid the second album slump assuming his comeback singles are strong enough, George could manage nice album sales (though hit singles will be much tougher this time)

~ Calvin Harris will score a string of hits with some totally-not-on-autopilot singles, The Chainsmokers will continue to be massive, Clean Bandit will continue their success also while slowly departing from their original sound sadly

~ Jessie J's return takes place, no one asks for it but it happens anyway. Rita Ora's does not tongue.gif

~ Anne-Marie and Raye will properly break out (JP Cooper could do well also if he continues down the path of September Song-like tracks that fit current trends). Zara Larsson is more established obviously but she'll manage a very successful album campaign

~ The streaming ratio change will make a few minor changes but will be mostly inconsequential

~ Radio 1 extend their "Summer Mix" to 2 hours following last year's glowing reception. They end up forgetting to air the singles chart for 5-6 weeks, resulting in the Buzzjack apocalypse

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post 31st December 2016, 01:25 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Auld Lang Snake @ Dec 31 2016, 01:18 AM) *
No Ellie Goulding hits in 2017 then, you don't think cqmerqn? laugh.gif

It would be good if Jess Glynne does another funky house song like DBSHOY.

The Chainsmokers dominate, but with what genre. The whole future bass style they brought into popularity with Roses is becoming very much overused in dance music now, which is why I think everyone will get sick of the big drops and progressive house will return by late 2017, or more lively less minimal dance music but considering how Radio 1 continues to shun the latter it is unlikely.

I forgot about Anne Marie, her and Mθ should have a good year. Zara I think will only have maybe two more hits from the debut album but they will both be big.

I don't think she's releasing solo music in 2017 so that's why. She has one coming with Calvin though so that's bound to do something!
It will be interesting to see what Jess Glynne comes back with. A Clean Bandit hook up maybe? laugh.gif

I think The Chainsmokers could release anything now and it would smash, especially if they get bigger artists on their tracks in 2017.

+Quote this post
TheSnake
post 31st December 2016, 01:31 AM
Post #7
Group icon

QUOTE(SevenSeize @ Dec 31 2016, 01:19 AM) *
~ popstars will knuckle down on that Chainsmokers-esque future bass sound as the next bandwagon choice (the likes of Starving, All Night etc were only the beginning of this)

Oh god, I hope not, I was hoping this was coming near the end for future bass considering we have had so many future bass hits this year with the Chainsmokers hits, Let Me Love You, In The Name Of Love and the two Cheat Codes covers.

+Quote this post
TheSnake
post 31st December 2016, 01:38 AM
Post #8
Group icon

QUOTE(cqmerqn @ Dec 31 2016, 01:25 AM) *
I don't think she's releasing solo music in 2017 so that's why. She has one coming with Calvin though so that's bound to do something!
It will be interesting to see what Jess Glynne comes back with. A Clean Bandit hook up maybe? laugh.gif

I think The Chainsmokers could release anything now and it would smash, especially if they get bigger artists on their tracks in 2017.

Her Calvin collab won't be better than Outside, a dance hit as euphoric as that now is very unlikely in this time of chilled dance music.

The Chainsmokers to do a funky house song please dance.gif

+Quote this post
TheSnake
post 31st December 2016, 05:52 PM
Post #9
Group icon

QUOTE(cqmerqn @ Dec 31 2016, 01:05 AM) *
Camila Cabello
- She's already fairly known by music fans through Fifth Harmony so this gives her a head start I think. Her track with MGK is just about to take off so I think we will see a bit of success from her. Not as much as Fifth Harmony though IMO!

It will be Fourth Harmony surely now.... ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 31st December 2016, 08:32 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Rob aah
User: 3,804

For Ella Eyre to be big with her next era... (oh who I am kidding) sad.gif

Definitely can see Anne-Marie getting a Zara type solo smash this year peaking in the top 3 I mean.

Hopefully Pink will continue her longevity if she releases in 2017 which is more a less a certainty I'd say?

Jess Glynne will probably under-perform, it's hard to tell if she'll get even bigger or not, depends on if she continues to hook up with popular chart acts!

George Ezra's comeback single will replicate Tom Odell ie 'Magnetised' scraping 40.

+Quote this post
danG
post 1st January 2017, 10:28 AM
Post #11
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

I think Jess Glynne will have Clean Bandit produce her comeback single, which will surely be a smash.

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post 1st January 2017, 10:37 AM
Post #12
Group icon
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
User: 13,208

Ed Sheeran has just announced he is releasing his brand new single this Friday, so I fully anticipate that'll be the first new number one of 2017 smile.gif

+Quote this post
-SCOTT-
post 1st January 2017, 10:41 AM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 194

Ed sheeran has confirmed new music is coming on Friday. I predict 15 to 20 weeks at number 1 for his album when it eventually arrives (non consecutive across the year)

This post has been edited by -SCOTT-: 1st January 2017, 10:41 AM

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 1st January 2017, 10:41 AM
Post #14
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

QUOTE(ThePensmith @ Jan 1 2017, 10:37 AM) *
Ed Sheeran has just announced he is releasing his brand new single this Friday, so I fully anticipate that'll be the first new number one of 2017 smile.gif

Without a doubt, at least we'll have a million-selling album this year! I can see the follow up to X opening with rather hefty numbers!

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post 1st January 2017, 10:49 AM
Post #15
Group icon
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
User: 13,208

QUOTE(gooddelta @ Jan 1 2017, 10:41 AM) *
Without a doubt, at least we'll have a million-selling album this year! I can see the follow up to X opening with rather hefty numbers!

Exactly smile.gif It'll be a nice little Q1 booster too. I think I might watch his Wembley Stadium DVD again today!

+Quote this post
danG
post 1st January 2017, 11:36 AM
Post #16
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

Well that's the next 10 weeks at #1 sewn up then!!

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post 1st January 2017, 11:46 AM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Danuary @ Jan 1 2017, 11:36 AM) *

I don't think it will be that long actually. It will probably do a Hello (Adele) in terms of a massive comeback single debuting with huge sales but then falling quicker due to many people buying it in its first week etc..

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post 1st January 2017, 12:19 PM
Post #18
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2

QUOTE(Danuary @ Jan 1 2017, 11:36 AM) *

Sadly... could be longer if he gets a BRITs performance "sigh"

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 1st January 2017, 12:28 PM
Post #19
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247

QUOTE(ThePensmith @ Jan 1 2017, 10:37 AM) *

And the last one kink.gif

+Quote this post
mdh
post 1st January 2017, 01:09 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,776

Yeah, Ed Sheeran is bound to have a massive #1 with his new single.

Pretty sure the Major Lazer track will also get a couple of weeks at the top of the chart too, from the previews that sounds MASSIVE so that could get a few weeks after Ed's track has died down!

Going for Avicii to have a massive year next year, probably with a big collaboration, plus I reckon twenty one pilots will have a top 10 debut with their album lead. JP Cooper could also be big, and I'm predicting that tropical house will die out and we'll have a new generic trend debuted by a dance producer which becomes popular by Autumn.

This post has been edited by CHRISTIANmas: 1st January 2017, 01:34 PM

+Quote this post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 08:03 PM