BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
9 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Cruel Summer • Fifth Single, Lover
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Juan Carlos
post Jun 17 2020, 06:46 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,211
Next single from Lover. Serviced to US Pop and Hot AC radio formats.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jade
post Jun 17 2020, 06:46 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810
Brilliant choice wub.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Jun 17 2020, 06:48 PM
Post #3
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
Is this actually confirmed? Cos this is about the 6th/7th time it’s been pushed on radio or I’ve seen a source like this without much else than it’s been serviced and nothing happens after that aha. Afaik last I heard was that this wasn’t a single/was cancelled and radio have been playing it on its own accord

+Quote this post
Juan Carlos
post Jun 17 2020, 06:55 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,211
QUOTE(UltraReputation @ Jun 17 2020, 01:48 PM) *
Is this actually confirmed?
It's available to listen and to download on AllAccess. Also, it's close to reach the Top 50 at Pop radio in the US, so it seems that Republic is fully going with it.

+Quote this post
Bjork
post Jun 17 2020, 09:02 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,665
1 year too late :/

+Quote this post
StupidLove
post Jun 17 2020, 11:52 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 104,307
Bit late laugh.gif this should've been pushed earlier or chosen over the terrible ME!

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post Jun 18 2020, 02:57 AM
Post #7
Group icon
I'm not asleep, my mind is alive.
Pronouns: she/her
User: 1,454
I love this song. I agree with the fact that it should have been released as a single much sooner.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Jun 18 2020, 09:52 PM
Post #8
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
QUOTE(Juan Carlos @ Jun 17 2020, 07:55 PM) *
It's available to listen and to download on AllAccess. Also, it's close to reach the Top 50 at Pop radio in the US, so it seems that Republic is fully going with it.

ahh okay. ngl I'm still not convinced this is being pushed properly as a single, it feels more like the option is there to play it & its being encouraged but its not being properly pushed as a single yet.

I do think if circumstances were normal, this would've been a single rn with a video & the promotion co-inciding with Lover Fest. (there are rumours that single plans changed due to the situation in the swifties fanbase)

I feel they'll only go ahead with this properly as a single if it really takes off on radio naturally. I can't see this doing anything if its pushed as a single, bar maybe a good boost if there's somehow an amazing video. Unless we get a single remix? Ik Post Malone & Cardi B have been rumoured but I doubt either will turn out to be true. This rly should've been a single last summer but I cba to get into this again ahaha :/

+Quote this post
Monzo
post Jun 24 2020, 10:36 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 349
Cruel Summer didn't debut in any Billboard charts this week, so I guess it was just wishful thinking it would become an official single.

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post Jun 24 2020, 05:59 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471
This not being the lead single will forever get me.

Such a waste.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Jun 24 2020, 10:10 PM
Post #11
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
QUOTE(Monzo @ Jun 24 2020, 11:36 AM) *
Cruel Summer didn't debut in any Billboard charts this week, so I guess it was just wishful thinking it would become an official single.

I wasn't expecting it to hit any charts this week but it got 0 new adds, isn't really doing anything on radio and isn't being pushed too hard so I really don't think this is an official single. I feel this is gonna be Getaway Car part 2 of speculation for a couple of months before everything fizzles out laugh.gif

also the leader in Taylor's inner circle insider group (who dropped hints about folklore & cardigan the other week) said this yesterday:
'I stand by my original statement and trust the information I was given. If it turns out to be wrong and Cruel Summer has been officially sent to radio as a single then obviously the original plans changed.'

I wonder what the original plans were?? I'd live if we get new music now that it seems confirmed that his original hints about expecting something exciting soon we're about music & not a life event.

+Quote this post
Monzo
post Jun 25 2020, 04:43 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 349
I think the title Cruel Summer is the problem. There could be a lot of radio DJs who'd put a connection with Covid 19 before or after they played the song, even though the actual lyrics have no connection with Covid 19 at all. So if Taylor's record company gave up Cruel Summer because of that I wonder if they got another single in mind or if Lover era is already over.

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post Jun 25 2020, 05:16 PM
Post #13
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161
QUOTE(Monzo @ Jun 25 2020, 05:43 PM) *
I think the title Cruel Summer is the problem. There could be a lot of radio DJs who'd put a connection with Covid 19 before or after they played the song, even though the actual lyrics have no connection with Covid 19 at all. So if Taylor's record company gave up Cruel Summer because of that I wonder if they got another single in mind or if Lover era is already over.

At least it's not as bad as when Kesha's 'Die Young' was blacklisted from US Radio after a school shooting tearsmile.gif

Unlike the rest of the world this isn't even a fave on the album but it makes total sense to release it. Although If The Man flopped, this won't do any better. I miss long album campaigns cry.gif

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Jun 25 2020, 08:42 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
QUOTE(Monzo @ Jun 25 2020, 05:43 PM) *

That's such a reach it's unreal.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Jun 25 2020, 08:45 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
That is the sort of over-sensitivity that radio would submit to though.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Jun 26 2020, 03:48 PM
Post #16
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
It's probably not real (like 90% of rumours over the past year) but there's rumours a track called When You Go with Post Malone is being released next Friday.

edit: 99% likely its fake but I do feel were gonna get a Taylor/Post collab at somepoint

+Quote this post
jotiko
post Jun 26 2020, 04:43 PM
Post #17
Group icon
New Entry
User: 89,981
l love this song soo much

+Quote this post
Bjork
post Jul 12 2020, 08:39 AM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,665
so nothing happened in the end it seems?

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Jul 23 2020, 12:32 PM
Post #19
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
QUOTE(UltraBeKind @ Jun 24 2020, 11:10 PM) *
I wasn't expecting it to hit any charts this week but it got 0 new adds, isn't really doing anything on radio and isn't being pushed too hard so I really don't think this is an official single. I feel this is gonna be Getaway Car part 2 of speculation for a couple of months before everything fizzles out laugh.gif

also the leader in Taylor's inner circle insider group (who dropped hints about folklore & cardigan the other week) said this yesterday:
'I stand by my original statement and trust the information I was given. If it turns out to be wrong and Cruel Summer has been officially sent to radio as a single then obviously the original plans changed.'

I wonder what the original plans were?? I'd live if we get new music now that it seems confirmed that his original hints about expecting something exciting soon we're about music & not a life event.

I TOLD Y'ALL!!!!!

FOR ONCE ONE OF MY RUMOURS AND RAMBLINGS ON HERE WAS RIGHT!!!!

+Quote this post
No Sleeep
post Jul 23 2020, 06:17 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 22,008
QUOTE(UltraBeKind @ Jun 24 2020, 11:10 PM) *

*looks at the date posted* HUH! I need some receipts folklore and cardigan are completely new to me lol

+Quote this post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:40 AM