BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 13 Reasons Why, Netflix | March 31 | Selena Gomez as executive producer
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post 5th April 2017, 01:06 PM
Post #21
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Jesus this is heavy shit, I cried for like the entire episode when Clay had to listen to his tape
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 5th April 2017, 11:36 PM
Post #22
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176

I just finished this, it just got better with every episode and never failed to hit all the emotions, I thought it was really well done and they handled so many sensitive issues properly. My faves were defo Hannah and Alex (spot the theme, why do I always stan the ones that are gonna die?! mellow.gif)

I think they could maybe pull a second season out of it, I mean they did leave a cliff hanger of sorts but Idk if that would be enough to run a whole season off the back of (unless Alex does tapes of his own kink.gif), I liked the ending with Clay and Skye, she was another of my fave characters so I'm glad that at least had a "happy" ending

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 6th April 2017, 01:54 AM
Post #23
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

I've finished too now, god those last two episodes especially were incredible but such hard viewing, I could barely watch when Bryce raped Hannah and when Hannah slit her wrists in the bath and her parents found her dead. It's the sort of hard viewing that's brilliant because it has such an impact on you, because of the premise it really made you get inside Hannah's head and think about how every seemingly small thing contributed.

An incredible series though, I definitely hope they do series 2 because there is at least some scope for it. I also thought about Alex doing the same idea but I think that's a bit convienient to set up a second season, they could perhaps just have a shortened run or a movie length thing where perhaps Bryce is brought to justice and we get to see Courtney come out, Clay and Skye be happy, stuff like that.

+Quote this post
The-BrightPlaces
post 6th April 2017, 10:03 PM
Post #24
Group icon
I wanna contribute to the chaos
User: 23,513

finished this today and oh my god it was so good, but like liam said definitely difficult to watch at parts, especially the scene with hannah slitting her wrists. I definitely think it was a show that needed to be done/story that needed to be told though. And even if it was difficult to watch at times it's so much better to make scenes like that that are graphic and real instead of sugarcoating it like most shows do. The whole thing was just so powerful and raw, I really hope they do a second season now. Although I do have a theory about the ending - I don't think Alex actually shot himself, I think Tyler shot him and tried to make it look like a suicide, and it makes sense that he took Alex's photo off that thing, like he's going to kill/get revenge on all of the people he had photos of? and it would explain why he had all those guns too

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 7th April 2017, 06:54 AM
Post #25
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
Pronouns: he/him
User: 8,674

^ Can you remember how closely it's sticking to the book? Is this a lot more fleshed out, being told in a different kind of narrative? I'm very tempted to try reading it after finishing the show.

I've seen eight episodes now and loving it but a bit concerned about what might be in these spoiler tags (I hope we don't see anything too graphic because I'm no good with blood laugh.gif)

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post 7th April 2017, 10:19 AM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12,837

QUOTE(Tinasha @ Apr 2 2017, 12:38 PM) *
It's largely terribly acted and so cheesy but I'm addicted.

Sorry but no, my friend.

This post has been edited by jafetsigfinns: 7th April 2017, 10:20 AM

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 8th April 2017, 10:40 AM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

This show is completely heartbreaking but so well done. I was so close to writing it off in the first couple of episodes but later watching makes you understand why those episodes needed to happen.

So relatable and very important for anyone who has suffered with any sort of mental health issues. It's hard to watch at times but that's how it is. The actor of Clay is phenomenal as well, especially for his age.

+Quote this post
Qween
post 8th April 2017, 12:36 PM
Post #28
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709

I'm all done now and the final 5 episodes were really very good, but it was definitely overlong. It was also overly expository at points, which I suppose was a conscious decision given the show is about teenagers and probably largely aimed at that audience too, but I feel like the most visceral and powerful moments (the rapes, the suicide) worked so well because, as they say, a picture (or a visual) tells a thousand words.

I hope they don't go for a season two because the ambiguous ending was perfectly fitting for the message the show was trying to put across. If everything had been, or gets, wrapped up in a neat little bow it would only rob it of its power. I also really don't like the idea of Tyler going on a shooting spree at the school because it just feels way too much narratively

Overall, it was pretty well acted. I had real issues with Tony for most of the show, but that's partly because I struggled to understand why they hired someone SO OLD for the role and also because his character seemed to exist to just spout unhelpful BS 90% of the time. And then they made him gay too, which felt very token. I like that shows feel comfortable with having gay characters who are simply gay with no fuss and no drama but it was thoroughly unconvincing.

Overall 7/10, had it maybe been 10 episodes it and cut out some of the questionable dialogue it would definitely have been much more powerful.

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 8th April 2017, 05:43 PM
Post #29
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176

Yea Tony's age bothered me as well, I actually thought they were going to reveal him as being an undercover cop investigating Hannah or something to explain his age :') and also a plot hole I caught onto was when him and Clay were talking on the cliff and Clay says he's never seen a dead body or a crime scene yet Jeff's episode came after that and Clay was the one to find him in his car... laugh.gif

+Quote this post
p a v
post 8th April 2017, 06:34 PM
Post #30
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

On episode three and obsessed. So intense and mysterious.

Don't see how the acting is ott and cheesy, i think they are all very good.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 8th April 2017, 06:41 PM
Post #31
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

I found Tony really annoying too, he was quite stereotypical in his role as the "voice of reason", just saying the same old shit that he thinks helps but really doesn't laugh.gif And I thought the same about age, I just don't get why they'd cast some who's that age and looks it as a student!

I agree the acting was quite good. I think the premise and sort of tone of the first episode or two made it feel otherwise, and a bit OTT dramatic, but as it went on pretty much all of the cast proved themselves, particularly Dylan Minette and Katherine Langford.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 9th April 2017, 08:55 PM
Post #32
Group icon

Just finished this and oh my god it was incredible start to finish. Such intense viewing and sometimes very uncomfortable but these scenes are especially a must-watch.

The suicide scene was so emotional, I cried really hard during that. As soon as i saw that viewer discretion is advised thing i knew this was coming.

+Quote this post
The-BrightPlaces
post 9th April 2017, 09:03 PM
Post #33
Group icon
I wanna contribute to the chaos
User: 23,513

QUOTE(J▲hq @ Apr 7 2017, 07:54 AM) *
^ Can you remember how closely it's sticking to the book? Is this a lot more fleshed out, being told in a different kind of narrative? I'm very tempted to try reading it after finishing the show.

from what I remember it is very accurate to the book, it's told in a similar way with clay being the main character and us getting to know his feelings towards the tapes and stuff. I feel like you definitely get a lot more background on all the other characters in the show though whereas the book was mainly just focusing on clay all the time, but I definitely think adding those extra story lines has helped the show rather than hinder it. I honestly don't know if I would recommend the book, I didn't think it was all that great whereas I absolutely loved the show!! If I had read the book after watching the show compared to before it I think it would have been an even bigger disappointment laugh.gif I don't know though you might really like it so I don't want to put you off, I know people who loved the book and it does have 4 stars on goodreads so it's doing something right! If you like the show you might as well give it a shot happy.gif

edit - "I hope we don't see anything too graphic because I'm no good with blood" yeah you're gonna want to skip from about 36 minutes to 39 minutes on episode 13 then unsure.gif

This post has been edited by Alanna🐱: 9th April 2017, 09:11 PM

+Quote this post
p a v
post 9th April 2017, 10:32 PM
Post #34
Group icon

Can i just how amazing the soundtrack was. LUH <333 And the Bon Iver and Arcade Fire posters in Clay's room.

Also fell in love with Clay on a much deeper level when i saw KANJI CARDS in his stuff *.*

+Quote this post
Cal
post 9th April 2017, 10:41 PM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 5,964

Hannah's suicide scene was incredibly difficult to watch. The show had a lot of uncomfortable scenes but that one in particular was rough.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 10th April 2017, 07:41 AM
Post #36
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

f*** ME OVER IS THAT HENRY ZAGA

lmao they're really poaching everyone who appears on Teen Wolf

+Quote this post
p a v
post 10th April 2017, 08:17 AM
Post #37
Group icon

So yeah this night some of the characters or at least people by their names (i forget what the dream was all about entirely in a few minutes after i wake up) appeared in my dream. That's what I call power of a tv show. Only the rare ones get to actually appear in my dreams *.*

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 10th April 2017, 08:44 PM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

I ugly cried at the last episode, what a phenomenal and important TV show. I kind of don't want a second series because this was just so perfect. It had so many importnant messages throughout and I honestly think everyone needs to see it,

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 12th April 2017, 07:49 PM
Post #39
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Started this today. On episode 5 atm.

Absolutely brilliant, hard hitting stuff. I just want to know where it is all heading and whether Clay is the trusted one and he's just unaware of it.

Hooked! Very much looking forward to watching the rest!

+Quote this post
Cassidy
post 13th April 2017, 02:30 AM
Post #40
Group icon
i'm massive
User: 41

Up to episode 6. I'm ignoring most of what's been said in this thread u2n as it's spoiler central. Does the storyline quicken up at all as I feel like I've watched the same episode 5 times so far?

+Quote this post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 10:05 PM