BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
17 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> LXX - Confirmations, Darpabrak, Altyr Muunilinst
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
LexC
post 24th October 2014, 11:21 PM
Post #41
Group icon
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
User: 5,342

Bal/Joseph took the words out of my mouth!

No need to take this so seriously (see - a higher proportion of my entries than I'd like to admit).
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
randomfurlong
post 24th October 2014, 11:22 PM
Post #42
Group icon
musing
User: 13,969

I think I also tried to confirm that song, although I already knew the artist so don't hurt me.

+Quote this post
Oricon
post 24th October 2014, 11:39 PM
Post #43
Group icon
bye dinner
User: 12,972

May I remind all members here that on this forum, please keep your posts lightly and don't issue out any form of direct blunt attacks to certain members. If anything, disputes should be resolved privately in a dignified manner. Verbal assaults are not tolerated here at all.

Thank you in advance.

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 24th October 2014, 11:44 PM
Post #44
Group icon
baddest of them all
User: 6,764

I have to admit I have avoided PM help lately, posting threads about some artists and/or potentials for BJSC until after I've entered them for this reason (not that it's happened to me). If I saw one of my potentials later being posted about in a genre forum, I'd feel obliged not to enter it as a result because it wouldn't be a discovery for members on here then. But then again, that's just me, I prefer being inspired as opposed to just nabbing a song posters on here are likely already know and/or pushing veto boundaries in the aim for success.

+Quote this post
jakee
post 24th October 2014, 11:50 PM
Post #45
Group icon
i thought you wore the hairpiece for style
Pronouns: ·
User: 47

good lord, it was hardly a VERBAL ASSAULT

look, i'm someone who vocally states what i think and hold certain morals in high regard. i don't like sneakiness and disloyal acts. quite what the point of saying "i don't own the song" is, obviously i don't own it? are you under the impression that i thought i did? i evidently see things differently from the rest of you guys but i'm not ever about to change how i feel about or react to things.

evidently one is best just to not post about any new music ever and let the rest of the forum die (as it slowly and continuously is) with the aim of seeking self-glory paramount

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 24th October 2014, 11:57 PM
Post #46
Group icon
DROTTNING!
User: 480

In fairness to Jake it is PRETTY CRAP when someone who obviously discovered a track through your thread then enters it. You don't own the track but it's v FLAMING MO behaviour

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 25th October 2014, 12:00 AM
Post #47
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

QUOTE(░░░░ @ Oct 25 2014, 12:50 AM) *
evidently one is best just to not post about any new music ever and let the rest of the forum die (as it slowly and continuously is) with the aim of seeking self-glory paramount

Why? Because one song got taken from you you're making some grandiose self-defeating statement? There's plenty of music that will probably never get entered here to post about.

Farming for tracks on Buzzjack is not a very worthwhile process when there are so many other places to look, that's why most of us don't do it. Doesn't mean the songs that have been posted are off limits. I wouldn't enter one if I found it that way but if I later find that a thread's been posted and it wasn't very popular, what should stop someone from entering something they independently decided would be good for us to hear? Aside from the veto of course.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 25th October 2014, 12:02 AM
Post #48
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

I understand Jake's point tbh. There's a sense of gentleman's etiquette to these things.

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 25th October 2014, 12:03 AM
Post #49
Group icon
DROTTNING!

QUOTE(Iz~ @ Oct 25 2014, 01:00 AM) *
Why? Because one song got taken from you you're making some grandiose self-defeating statement? There's plenty of music that will probably never get entered here to post about.

Farming for tracks on Buzzjack is not a very worthwhile process when there are so many other places to look, that's why most of us don't do it. Doesn't mean the songs that have been posted are off limits. I wouldn't enter one if I found it that way but if I later find that a thread's been posted and it wasn't very popular, what should stop someone from entering something they independently decided would be good for us to hear? Aside from the veto of course.

Generally the decent thing is probably to ask someone first if you found the track through their thread.

+Quote this post
Brer
post 25th October 2014, 12:04 AM
Post #50
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

Only thing I don't get here is why Mikey is being blamed, he hasn't even responded to any Jake threads recently. Poor Mikey.

I would also never send a song that I discovered via a thread on BuzzJack (my last entry HAD a thread but I discovered it elsewhere, even so finding the thread about it made me slightly more reluctant to send) but I don't see why it's being assumed that this was the case. Especially if the song in question is the most recent Jake thread, as I've seen that song in a few other places on the Internet when searching for entries.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 25th October 2014, 12:07 AM
Post #51
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

QUOTE(Qassändra @ Oct 25 2014, 01:03 AM) *
Generally the decent thing is probably to ask someone first if you found the track through their thread.

Sure, and I'm fine with that, etiquette and all. I just don't get why it's being assumed that once a thread has been posted that everyone here has seen it, or that the sender necessarily DID find the track through the thread.

Which is where the 'you don't own it' cries are coming from I think.

+Quote this post
Oricon
post 25th October 2014, 12:12 AM
Post #52
Group icon
bye dinner
User: 12,972

I too get your point Jake and can fully understand why you might have that opinion. However the last part was completely unnecessary though as it might not offend one, but that cannot be said for every individual out there. Keeping it in a manner without having to resort to call another individual to do one in a more aggressive tone isn't really tolerated here at all and I hope you understand that.

+Quote this post
JSG
post 25th October 2014, 05:46 AM
Post #53
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 18,473

Confirmed cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Jester
post 25th October 2014, 07:15 AM
Post #54
Group icon
Right in front of my salad?!
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12

Someone already confirmed the song I wanted. Good luck though, it's a great song!

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 25th October 2014, 08:54 AM
Post #55
Group icon
DROTTNING!

qonfirmed

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 25th October 2014, 09:05 AM
Post #56
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

having just checked the points system my planned ancient and utterly obscure and brilliant album track still gets 24 points. Doh! Ah well, back to the drawing board, but I've done EDM, dance and pop for the last few entries so avoiding those genres this time. You can all breathe a sigh of relief that I won't be hosting next time laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post 25th October 2014, 09:07 AM
Post #57
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561

I remember when I entered The Naked and Famous' "Young Blood" into the very first Unknown Pleasures literally a few hours ahead of Jake posted about it, and feeling terrible that I'd potentially taken his entry. I think I then also took West's entry a couple of contests later, but I let him have it and searched for something else.
Could it not just be a coincidence that he found the track elsewhere at the same time as Jake?

+Quote this post
Oliver
post 25th October 2014, 09:13 AM
Post #58
Group icon
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
User: 15,367

Confirmed, but it's the type of song that I can imagine someone else going for so expecting a bad PM off John.

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post 25th October 2014, 09:14 AM
Post #59
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561

I haven't confirmed yet, but am trying desperately to make a BJSC friendly 3 minute edit so it might be a last minute confirmation.

+Quote this post
imaduck
post 25th October 2014, 09:51 AM
Post #60
Group icon
(i've been drinking)
User: 18,675

Any of my usual pop voters willing to listen to my two entries?

I am stuck.

+Quote this post

17 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 09:21 AM