BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
32 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> On Your Radar (4th Studio Album Discussion) (Part 2), Continue the discussion!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
shadow2009
post Dec 4 2011, 07:07 PM
Post #81
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,059
Yeah, same. I was expecting MUCH worse. laugh.gif Will probably drop to the #80's next week then out of the charts the following week, though. sad.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Martyn
post Dec 4 2011, 07:40 PM
Post #82
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 66
At least it didn't drop as many places as Wordshaker... Sooo not trying to grasp at straws here...

+Quote this post
star.shine
post Dec 4 2011, 07:43 PM
Post #83
Group icon
swimming in the stars
User: 11,697
Did Wordshaker not drop from #9 to #40?

+Quote this post
Martyn
post Dec 4 2011, 08:08 PM
Post #84
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 66
QUOTE(IfUSeeBritney @ Dec 4 2011, 07:43 PM) *
Did Wordshaker not drop from #9 to #40?

Which is 31 places, OYR dropped 30places haha

+Quote this post
kye
post Dec 4 2011, 08:16 PM
Post #85
Group icon
• aesthetic party •
User: 2,169
I mean, not that it's an amazing feat, but they beat Kelly Rowland's first week in their second week? laugh.gif

+Quote this post
mr. everything
post Dec 4 2011, 08:43 PM
Post #86
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 10,800
wow they are such a flop...

i can't believe that they have only 1 successful album

+Quote this post
-0-0
post Dec 4 2011, 08:53 PM
Post #87
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643
Mr Everything can you please leave this forum. You say the same things over and over slagging The Saturdays, are you really a fan?
Looks like I am the only person who thinks this campaign can be save as I expected so much worse. The Way You Watch Me will be released to radio's too soon which means more promotion. Hopefully a decrease in price will help the album and they are getting a lot of positive reviews from their tour and have been praised from their Jingle Bell performance.
Also helps that they managed to get a massive attendance for Liverpool, They have a basically sell out for Glasgow, I only see positives outtakes from them and I think they will keep getting bigger. THEY NEED TO CRACK EUROPE to gain a bigger fanbase as well.

This post has been edited by lee wallace: Dec 4 2011, 09:34 PM

+Quote this post
mr. everything
post Dec 4 2011, 09:45 PM
Post #88
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 10,800
QUOTE(lee wallace @ Dec 4 2011, 09:53 PM) *
Mr Everything can you please leave this forum. You say the same things over and over slagging The Saturdays, are you really a fan?
Looks like I am the only person who thinks this campaign can be save as I expected so much worse. The Way You Watch Me will be released to radio's too soon which means more promotion. Hopefully a decrease in price will help the album and they are getting a lot of positive reviews from their tour and have been praised from their Jingle Bell performance.
Also helps that they managed to get a massive attendance for Liverpool, They have a basically sell out for Glasgow, I only see positives outtakes from them and I think they will keep getting bigger. THEY NEED TO CRACK EUROPE to gain a bigger fanbase as well.

i'm not going to leave this forum only because you disagree with me

and YES i am fan
http://www.last.fm/user/nebojsa92

+Quote this post
2ndAdventure
post Dec 4 2011, 10:04 PM
Post #89
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,180
QUOTE(mr. everything @ Dec 4 2011, 09:45 PM) *
i'm not going to leave this forum only because you disagree with me

and YES i am fan
http://www.last.fm/user/nebojsa92

Sorry, this is the same person that disclaimed that they weren't going to be a fan no more because of this?

Move along, to put it nicely.

+Quote this post
missingyou
post Dec 4 2011, 10:11 PM
Post #90
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 4,429
so they probably managed to shift around 7,000 copies this week... so were on 25,000 so far.

the same that Headlines sold in week one.

coolness.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Dec 5 2011, 02:47 AM
Post #91
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217
It's more like 9,000; Kelly Rowland sold 8,704 at #56.

+Quote this post
shadow2009
post Dec 5 2011, 11:25 AM
Post #92
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
That's actually not terrible sales. Well it is, but it's alright for The Sats. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
DoggySwami
post Dec 5 2011, 12:25 PM
Post #93
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 10,950
That's actually a bit of a ray of light for the campaign. 9k is closer to the 10k that Headlines! had in its second week (charting at #8) than the 6k Wordshaker had in its second week (at #40).

This post has been edited by The47thbelmon: Dec 5 2011, 04:53 PM

+Quote this post
jark
post Dec 5 2011, 01:27 PM
Post #94
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990
It should be on about 27000 so far then. Could end the year on 45k+

(Still dire.)

+Quote this post
Slick
post Dec 5 2011, 01:42 PM
Post #95
Group icon
electric butterflies
User: 70
I have now listened to this album and everything I thought about this era has been confirmed. It basically carries on where 'Notorious' left off in that it attempts to copy the big dancey sound at the moment (rather badly) with a few ballads thrown in. That doesn't necessarily ruin the enjoyment of the album though, which does have quite a few good songs. It's just all rather disappointing to see them SO desperately scraping the barrel for success - especially since this album could now put the final nail in the coffin of their career.

I'd agree with the people that say Faster NEEDS to be a single. The chorus is a bit of a letdown but it's the best on the album except the first two singles and I WANT TO CLUB TO IT DAMMIT.

+Quote this post
jark
post Dec 5 2011, 05:52 PM
Post #96
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990
I know each to their own and all that, but I literally can't even see where you're coming from. I've seen other people make similar comments too and I just don't get it. I will give you that Notorious chases a sound but the rest of the album doesn't sound particularly generic too and to me it's a million times LESS faceless than their previous albums, all of which were quite bland to degree... I guess what I'm saying is they never had a 'sound' before. They just dipped in and out of various genres with little conviction. This album has a sound of its own and it's made me the kind of serious fan I never thought I could be for these girls.

+Quote this post
Slick
post Dec 5 2011, 06:14 PM
Post #97
Group icon
electric butterflies
QUOTE(jark∞ @ Dec 5 2011, 05:52 PM) *
I know each to their own and all that, but I literally can't even see where you're coming from. I've seen other people make similar comments too and I just don't get it. I will give you that Notorious chases a sound but the rest of the album doesn't sound particularly generic too and to me it's a million times LESS faceless than their previous albums, all of which were quite bland to degree... I guess what I'm saying is they never had a 'sound' before. They just dipped in and out of various genres with little conviction. This album has a sound of its own and it's made me the kind of serious fan I never thought I could be for these girls.

I can't understand how you CAN'T see it really but I guess it's just one of those "agree to disagree" things. The album is an alright album and I'm sure I'll like it a lot more by the time I see them do it on tour, but each (uptempo) song sounds like they've looked at the chart, taken a popular song or producer and tried to imitate it. The album has a sound, but to these ears it's cheap and terribly derivative of everything else.

I would enjoy them a lot more if they came out with a strong, original pop album (which imo, Chasing Lights was a good warm-up for. I've not heard their other albums). At least then they'd be flopping with some sort of dignity rather than, as I say, scraping that barrel and go out pedalling copycat choons.

I DO like the album though. I think the ballads are particularly strong and really enjoy Faster, Get Ready Get Set and The Way You Watch Me. I'm no music snob - an album not being original or amazing doesn't stop me from getting into it (see: most of the music I like.)

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Dec 5 2011, 06:50 PM
Post #98
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
The Saturdays have insisted that they are pleased with the chart performance of their latest album On Your Radar.

The group said they are "happy" with the chart placing of the LP, which entered at number 23 last week before dropping out of the top 40 yesterday.

Vanessa White told Digital Spy at Capital FM's Jingle Bell Ball: "It was a really busy week and we've never really released at this time of year in the build-up to Christmas.

"We're really happy with it and we're proud of the album because we had a lot of input. We're really looking forward to performing all the songs on tour, so it's an exciting time!"

Dicussing their next single, which was rumoured to be their Travie McCoy collaboration 'The Way You Watch Me', she revealed: "We don't know what exactly the next single will be yet. We haven't decided, but it could be that song."

The Saturdays previously claimed that a number one single would mean "so much" to them.

Yep, of course Vanessa... biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
shadow2009
post Dec 5 2011, 06:51 PM
Post #99
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Thing is, I actually think The Sats SUIT a bit of dance/dubstep. 'Promise Me' on paper sounds like it just wouldn't work at all but they've actually done an amazing job of it.

Only duds on the album for me are Wish I Didn't Know (which sounds like a 90's album track from some American female singer) and Move On U (which is just plain boring).

+Quote this post
Slick
post Dec 5 2011, 06:53 PM
Post #100
Group icon
electric butterflies
QUOTE(shadow2009 @ Dec 5 2011, 06:51 PM) *
Thing is, I actually think The Sats SUIT a bit of dance/dubstep. 'Promise Me' on paper sounds like it just wouldn't work at all but they've actually done an amazing job of it.

Only duds on the album for me are Wish I Didn't Know (which sounds like a 90's album track from some American female singer) and Move On U (which is just plain boring).

Oh I REALLY like Wish I Didn't Know! It was one of only two or three that I enjoyed on first listen. But then, I do like my ballads.

+Quote this post

32 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:58 AM