BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> RESULTS: Spice Girls: The Group Singles Rate!, Winner and runner up revealed!
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Nina West
post Oct 13 2017, 06:16 PM
Post #101
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
Group: Members
Member No.: 19,846
   No Gallery Pics

Fantastic result, thanks for hosting this Jay and will be doing my solo rate either later tonight or tomorrow, so I'm very excited for that. Both these songs are fantastic but 'Say You'll Be There' was the correct winner and a what a follow up to the ever great 'Wannabe'.

'Spice Up Your Life' = Another great song, loved it instantly while others around me took a little bit longer to warm to it, but I loved it straight away it's such a fantastic pop song with everything thrown at it (including the kіtchen sink), but it works and love the Latin influences and carnival feel, such a ballsy in your face pop song that sadly we don't get anymore.

Again Jay thanks for doing this and can only hope that my solo rate will be half as good or successful.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jade
post Oct 13 2017, 06:46 PM
Post #102
I feel so seen in the night
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

I must echo what everyone else has said about the commentary, Jay! You really have a knack for it and particularly for an act like the Spice Girls that you're so passionate about *.* 'Say You'll Be There' is a great winner, for some reason I was under the impression that it wasn't thaaat well-regarded as it doesn't seem as talked about nowadays as the likes of Wannabe, 2 Become 1, Spice Up Your Life, Viva Forever etc... but I guess it's just one of those songs that is solid and hard to dislike, so is going to do well across the board. 'Say You'll Be There' is such a slick song and I really like the message of friendship and loyalty, even if it isn't quite as in-your-face as 'Wannabe'. The "if you put 2 and 2 together you can see what our friendship is 4" line is a highlight *.* plus the music video is so much fun with them all having characters! I especially like Mel C's gymnastics parts. I think it is my favourite music video of theirs, with the 'Spice Up Your Life' video second, so that would be an ideal result for me if it was a music video rate laugh.gif but I really love these two songs anyway so well done Buzzjack. SUYL is such a vibrant and personality-driven song, much like 'Wannabe', but I have always warmed to it way more than that. Maybe as it's not quite as forceful and I'm all over the latin influences. wub.gif

Thank you so much for this!! Now for the solo rate then ohmy.gif 'Never Be The Same Again' to slay x

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Oct 13 2017, 09:24 PM
Post #103
The Lady Said Go Home!
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 20,835

Amazing top 2 cheer.gif Thrilled my fave Spice Girls Single finished top 1st cheer.gif

Thanks for hosting this Jay! Impressive Commetary

+Quote Post
Hide&Seek
post Oct 15 2017, 05:58 PM
Post #104
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 3,500
   No Gallery Pics

Thankyou to Jay !

Happy enough with Say You'll be There winning, expected it to be up there or thereabouts.

Shocked at Spice Up Your Life being so popular ! I hated it when it was a new single, had me thinking they were a one album wonder.....but then I went on to love Stop and Too Much (and then the second album, of course). Spice Up Your Life has grown on me over the years, but I still gave it it's lowest score of 6 which isn't too mean of a score really.

+Quote Post
Yobnedor
post Oct 16 2017, 01:52 PM
Post #105
Perfectly Pop
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 3,033
   No Gallery Pics

Refreshing to see a winner other than Viva Forever. Not sure I agree with SYBT being number 1 but you can't win 'em all!

+Quote Post
Sempachorra
post Oct 20 2017, 04:57 AM
Post #106
Let's Go Brandon
Member No.: 421

QUOTE(Liаm @ Oct 11 2017, 05:28 PM) *
Yaass VF not top 3

Your taste is atrocious dude, a 0 for a masterpiece?

Anyway, not pleased to see SYWBT winning since they've done far better, but I'm please to see Wannabe kinda flop. Goodbye deserved a lot better, as did Mama.

This post has been edited by Euphorique: Oct 20 2017, 04:58 AM

+Quote Post
JackTheeStallion
post Oct 25 2017, 11:38 AM
Post #107
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 223

Just reading through this (very late) now - love the commentary Jay, so interesting to read!

Annoyed that Mama is so low, I always thought it was a beautiful song sad.gif Shocked to see Wannabe so low as well, really not that much of a fan of Who Do You Think You Are or Stop either tbh.

Rightful winner though, Say You'll Be There is probably my favourite now.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:17 PM