BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Impressive Instant vs. Amazing, 20 Years of 'Music'
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Impressive Instant vs. Amazing
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 11
Guests cannot vote 
Liam.k.
post Sep 9 2020, 05:30 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

Opinions were split when it came to deciding the forth single for Music - Madonna wanted 'Impressive Instant' whilst Warner Bros. were keen for 'Amazing' to be released.

In the end, no fourth single was released, but which song do you think is best and which would make the better single?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Sep 9 2020, 06:07 PM
Post #2
Group icon
User: 13,007
Ooh this is a tough one! 'Impressive Instant' is so bat-shit crazy and all the more incredible for that reason, whereas 'Amazing' is very "safe" and yet all the more pleasant for that reason. I think I would have preferred 'Impressive Instant' as a single though just because it's so different to well... everything laugh.gif and it would have had an incredible video I am sure. I also enjoy it more than 'Amazing' even though that is a great tune too, so yep, sticking with the former!

+Quote this post
vibe
post Sep 9 2020, 06:56 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763
I love both

II for its uniqueness wins.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post Sep 9 2020, 07:28 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54
Amazing was retreading past glories from Beautiful Stranger, Impressive Instant was something completely new

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Sep 11 2020, 02:47 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
'Impressive Instant' is definitely my favourite. There's so much going on in this song, it's utterly bizarre but it's impossible not to lose yourself in the trippy, topsy-turvy production. I'd have love to have been a fly on the wall in the studio that day and I wonder just how revolutionary this must have sounded 20 years ago.

I do like 'Amazing' but it does feel like an attempt to recreate 'Beautiful Stranger' and would probably rate at the bottom of my album rank. I can see why Madonna would have been against releasing it.

As for which would be the better single, I suppose 'Amazing' would be well-received by radio and is more equipped to selling albums, however the album had already sold so much by this point so I think they could have taken a chance with 'Impressive Instant'. That would definitely have stood out and been a hit with the clubs if nothing else. It would have been a bold single to look back on and could have had an excellent music video.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post Sep 11 2020, 04:47 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
As a song I like Impressive Instant more but I think Amazing would’ve done better as a single.

They both would’ve made great choices for single releases though two of my favourites from the Music album. Amazings a lot more commercial and would probably have been more accepted by the GP though.

I agree that Impressive Instant even now sounds futuristic.

I really wish the music era went with Amazing as single 3, then one of Runaway Lover or Impressive Instant as a fourth single to close the era.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Sep 12 2020, 11:57 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
'Impressive Instant' is by far and away my favourite song on the album, but I'm not totally sure it would have worked as a single.

'Amazing' is just a piss-weak song.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Sep 14 2020, 05:58 PM
Post #8
Group icon
User: 13,007
'Impressive Instant' storming both polls here! We love to see it.

+Quote this post
Hotlady
post Sep 14 2020, 08:33 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 4,586
I truly love both of them. I would have to say that Impressive Instant is my favourite one.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post Sep 15 2020, 12:02 AM
Post #10
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
QUOTE(HausofGhibli @ Sep 14 2020, 06:58 PM) *
'Impressive Instant' storming both polls here! We love to see it.

Surprised at it winning the single poll! Although I guess it depends how people are voting. I voted based on what I thought would’ve done better laugh.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 08:21 PM