BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
19 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> X Factor Contestant Alumni Songs Rate: RESULTS
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
HausofKubrick
post 3rd April 2016, 09:10 PM
Post #41
Group icon
User: 13,007

This is going really well so far! Can't say I like any of the songs so far although 'Midnight Memories' and 'Gotta Be Somebody' are decent (the video for the latter ;o).

Lol at JLS, they really were so bad for the most part and I was a massive fan of them on the show.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Seinfeld
post 4th April 2016, 03:45 AM
Post #42
Group icon
Is anyone here a marine biologist?
User: 10,505

I don't mind 'Word Up!' tbh. I much prefer Little Mix's version to the original, but I'd probably only give it a 6/10 though. It's definitely their weakest single.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 4th April 2016, 09:03 AM
Post #43
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

I actually really liked Do You Feel What I Feel, oops. Probably my favourite song out of all the songs that have failed to make the Top 100!

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 4th April 2016, 12:48 PM
Post #44
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
User: 13,530

#100 | Union J - 'Beautiful Life' (AVG. 5.5217)

Union J scored a top 10 hit with this track back in 2013 and I'd say it's probably one of the most forgotten top 10s in recent years oops. It didn't hang around well (as you'd expect from a Union J track) but hey, at least it did better than the follow-up 'Loving You Is Easy' which missed the top 100 :') (though it was terrible, this is rather nice)

#99 | Stacey Solomon - 'Driving Home For Christmas' (AVG. 5.5)

Dagenham Stace only makes one appearance in this rate, and it sneaks into the top 100 at #99! A cover of Chris Rea's 'Driving Home For Christmas', Stacey's track became a minor hit thanks to being used on Iceland's Christmas advert.

#98 | Luke Friend - 'Hole In My Heart' (AVG. 5.56)

Buzzjack I am OUTRAGED that this isn't higher!! Luke Friend's debut single 'Hole In My Heart' sneaked a top 40 spot last year, quite impressive considering it was over a year since he was on the show and had no radio support. The midtempo track is sadly Luke's only release so far but it should be MUCH HIGHER. Gonna be asking Joe for names of who didn't give it at least an 8 xx

#97 | Union J - 'You Got It All' (AVG. 5.583)

Oops, Union J again! 'You Got It All' went to #1 on sales at the end of 2014 but became the first sales #1 to not be the official UK #1, being knocked down one place due to Ed Sheeran's superior streams.

#96 | Union J - 'Tonight (We Live Forever)' (AVG. 5.586)

And again drama.gif 'Tonight (We Live Forever)' made it to #9 in summer 2014 but fell to #74 the week after mellow.gif It's my personal favourite Union J song so I'm sad to see it so low!

#95 | Shayne Ward - 'Breathless' (AVG. 5.6)

The second single and title track from Shayne's second album, 'Breathless' had a relatively decent chart run in 2007, notching up 3 weeks top 10, and a peak of #6.

#94 | JLS - 'Take A Chance On Me' (AVG. 5.86)

JLS released 'Take a Chance On Me' as the token ballad second single, from their third album 'Jukebox'. It peaked at #2 in the chart but failed to be as big a hit as the #1 single 'She Makes Me Wanna', which preceded it.

#93 | Shayne Ward - 'If That's OK With You' (AVG. 5.56)

More Shayne now. 'If That's OK With You' was released as a double a-side with 'No U Hang Up', it sounds quite dated to me now but it was fun back in the day, seems the public agreed too as it peaked at #2 and spent 10 weeks in the top 40.

#92 | Olly Murs - 'Seasons' (AVG. 5.875)

A more recent one now! 'Seasons' was the third single from Olly's album 'Never Been Better', and expectations were high as it followed the huge hits 'Wrapped Up' and 'Up'. It struggled a lot more than them however, peaking at #34 and only having one week in the top 40. I rather like it though, and I'm not a huge Olly fan!

#91 | One Direction - 'Little Things' (AVG. 5.89)

One Direction had been expected to claim their 2nd UK #1 with the lead single from album #2, 'Live While We're Young'. It fell short however and many expected 'Little Things' to be a low top 10 hit at most when it premiered. It seems that everyone was terrible at predicting 1D back in 2012 because it was this Ed Sheeran-penned track that went to the top spot, beating brand new singles by Bruno Mars and Little Mix to complete an all-new top 3.

+Quote this post
post 4th April 2016, 01:02 PM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

QUOTE(JoeyJeppssonWall @ Apr 4 2016, 01:48 PM) *
Buzzjack I am OUTRAGED that this isn't higher!! Luke Friend's debut single 'Hole In My Heart' sneaked a top 40 spot last year, quite impressive considering it was over a year since he was on the show and had no radio support. The midtempo track is sadly Luke's only release so far but it should be MUCH HIGHER. Gonna be asking Joe for names of who didn't give it at least an 8 xx

Blame Jay.
(I only gave it a 7.5, but I do think it's pretty decent song and should be higher than a few songs still to come).

The quality is getting slightly better now we're entering the top 100 but oops at that Union J bloodbath...They only have Carry You left now ohmy.gif

I think Alexandra and Leona are the only two big contestants (with more than 3 top 40 singles), who've not lost any songs yet! ohmy.gif (x2)

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 4th April 2016, 02:27 PM
Post #46
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

I really like 'You Got It All' still. Such a good song. Pleased it did well for them off the back of no/little airplay.

'If That's OK With You' is so good too. I agree it feels dated, but still good. Really pleased to see 'No U Hang Up' is still to come though!

+Quote this post
Defaze
post 4th April 2016, 03:44 PM
Post #47
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 17,608

I unashamedly love 'Word Up' - both the original and the Little Mix cover, but it really was such a misfire given how strong the Salute album is. 'Competition' would've even been a great fit thematically. I do find it amusing how reviled it is by the girls themselves though. laugh.gif

'Little Things' is abhorrent. The worst thing 1D have released, so I'm a bit miffed it's as 'high' as #91.

+Quote this post
Seinfeld
post 4th April 2016, 04:48 PM
Post #48
Group icon
Is anyone here a marine biologist?
User: 10,505

'Little Things' is disgusting sick2.gif

'Locked Out Of Heaven' and 'Little Things' was an awful Top 2. Still really annoyed they both peaked higher than 'DNA'. dry.gif

+Quote this post
Jimmy Jam
post 4th April 2016, 05:39 PM
Post #49
Group icon
tempted by kings with the finest of things
User: 21,231

I really like Beautiful Life cry.gif sad to see it so low, and definitely sad it was deemed their worst song of a pretty shit bunch *sigh*

Little Things I like, but weak compared to other 1D songs so not too sad to see it leave.

Don't think I gave Luke Friend anything, oops (sorry about it)

oh Stacey, my Dagenham queen, it could have been so different sob.gif

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 4th April 2016, 06:37 PM
Post #50
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217

The Shayne songs are too low sob.gif

Beautiful Life is probably my favourite UJ song, so I certainly don't think it deserves to be their bottom song.

+Quote this post
post 5th April 2016, 03:11 PM
Post #51
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

#90 | Leona Lewis - 'Hurt' (AVG. 5.97)

The first Leona Lewis "single" to fall is 'Hurt' a cover, and one I personally really enjoyed due to some powerful performances.

#89 | Amelia Lily - 'Party Over' (AVG. 5.97)

After 'Bring Me Joy', I had really high hopes for Amelia Lily, but her music just got more bland with every single. 'Party Over' did have some fans, even managing an 11 from Spadz, but it falls short of much popularity here, at #90

#88 | Joe McElderry - 'Ambitions' (AVG. 6)

Little known fact about me, I really stanned for this upon release. I really wanted Joe to do well, I even bought his album (*Whispers* it wasn't bad). It reached a slightly disappointing #6 in the chart, while the album went in at #3. Simon got rid of him soon after, when his career had a slight revival with the classic stuff. I still stand by that Joe was probably the best male vocalist to make it onto X Factor. But he clearly didn't have the X Factor.

#87 | Olly Murs - 'Oh My Goodness'(AVG. 6.02)

From the same X Factor series now, we have Olly Murs who came second to Joe but still receives heaps of success. 'Oh My Goodness' is an okay song but one of Olly's more forgettable efforts.

#86 | Olly Murs - 'Thinking Of Me' (AVG. 6.04)

And here he is again. 'Thinking of Me' peaked top 5 and is one of Olly's biggest hits, but listening back now, it already sounds horribly dates. It feels like weak indie-pop fodder from the mid 00s, it doesn't even sound as new as 2010

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 5th April 2016, 03:14 PM
Post #52
Group icon

'Party Over' is GOOD. I went in and out of love with it at the time of its release, but i'm a firm fan now. It really should not be this low sad.gif Such a jam <3

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 5th April 2016, 03:28 PM
Post #53
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005

I kind of get the lack of love for Party Over but I really do love it for some reason! music.gif wub.gif

The production is just: lush.

+Quote this post
Jimmy Jam
post 5th April 2016, 04:44 PM
Post #54
Group icon
tempted by kings with the finest of things
User: 21,231

I wanted so much more from Joe, and I actually enjoy his classical stuff a lot more. It just suits his voice better, and I agree he s definitely the best male vocalist to be on UK X-Factor. Hasn't his newer stuff done really well, as well? Simon might be regretting letting him go laugh.gif Although I didn't stan for him on the show, because he was always my second favourite behind Stacey, definitely one of the more deserving winners. But 'Ambitions', bye.

No interest in the other songs to leave this section either angel.gif

+Quote this post
post 5th April 2016, 05:03 PM
Post #55
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Just had a proper re-listen to 'Party Over' after Bal's words and it really is pretty decent and should have done better than #40. Loads better than 'Shut Up (And Give Me Whatever You Got)', which is still to come.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 5th April 2016, 06:15 PM
Post #56
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

I like 'Party Over' a lot, and all 3 of her singles actually. It's such a shame how her career went. sad.gif

'Oh My Goodness' is easily the worst thing Olly's done for me to date, absolutely awful.

I agree 'Billion Lights' is a bit better than some of JLS' singles, but won't shed a tear for its position anyway.

Leona's cover of 'Hurt' was disgraceful, zero emotion or conviction there. On balance I'd perhaps say her cover of 'Stop Crying Your Heart' out is worse (maybe)

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 5th April 2016, 09:40 PM
Post #57
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
User: 5,042

#85 | One Direction - 'Infinity' (AVG. 6.05)

In this section we kick start with another 1D song, I believe this only charted as an IG and not as an official single, but maybe someone could confirm or deny that for me. I hadn't heard it before now and I actually really like it! A lot better than the other singles from this era tbh. Reminds me of an inferior version of OneRepublic's 'Say (All I Need)' (one of my all time favourite songs). Might have to spin this song a bit more tbh.

#84 | JLS - 'Everybody In Love' (AVG. 6.06)

Another section and another JLS song. One that I really like, but realise it hasn't quite aged as well as one might have believed at the time. It's very "of it's time". The fact they managed to get a high profiled producer (at the time) to work with them was quite a huge thing not only for them, but for XF contestants in general! I think this song deserved to be a bit higher than where it's currently at, but I'm necessarily distraught at it only finishing this low.

#83 | Union J - 'Carry You' (AVG. 6.14)

Here we have another entry from Union J and thus, thrusting them out of the rate. It's their most successful single and although it's as basic a pop song as you can get, it's ridiculously catchy! I always find it bizarre that it's used so heavily in the motion picture 'Kick Ass 2'! laugh.gif

#82 | Olly Murs - 'Right Place, Right Time'(AVG. 6.02)

#82 we see another Olly Murs single fall and this time, it's a DAMN GOOD ONE! Shame on you Buzzjack for rating it so low. It's a jam and has always been a standout on the album of the same name. So current and deserves much more recognition. This, 'Dance With Me Tonight' & 'Busy' all switch places as my favourite Olly song!

#81 | Misha B - 'Home Run' (AVG. 6.25)

At #81 we have this song from Misha B. Thankfully she's done better... MUCH better. I really don't know why I dislike her/this song as much as I do, when I'd usually eat something like this up. EHHHHH.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 5th April 2016, 09:43 PM
Post #58
Group icon

'Home Run' is my least favourite Misha single so i'm happy it's first out but #81 is FAR TOO LOW. Her other two better be much much higher although I expect Here's To Everything... will be out soon too sad.gif DYTOM *should* do brilliantly if there's any justice.

'Carry You' is very nice + 'Everybody in Love' is OK for a JLS song but it is pretty saccharine and woeful at the same time so no particular loss.

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 5th April 2016, 09:50 PM
Post #59
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
User: 20,835

All them songs in that section bar JLS = lush heart.gif

+Quote this post
post 5th April 2016, 09:52 PM
Post #60
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I really love 'Carry You'. I find it very infectious. Sadly, apart from Loving You Is Easy (which for some reason I really liked), nothing ever lived up to this, so I'm glad its highest of their singles, here, but I think it could have been 10 or so places higher.

+Quote this post

19 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 06:09 PM