BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> RESULTS: Katy B • Rate, still on a mission to turn the music louder
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Klaus
post 14th August 2017, 01:39 PM
Post #1
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

TIME FOR THE RESULTS!

We have 52 songs and 17 of you rated! Thanks to all those who did, I've mixed the singles and albums together for the results.

Results will start soon! Get any last minute rates in ASAP!

(i've removed the solo version of Turn the Music Louder because it had the fewest number rating it & results weren't really different from the Tinie version)

here are all the songs!:

On a Mission
xx Power On Me
xx Katy on a Mission
xx Why You Always Here
xx Witches' Brew
xx Movement
xx Go Away
xx Disappear
xx Broken Record
xx Lights On (feat. Ms Dynamite)
xx Easy Please Me
xx Perfect Stranger (with Magnetic Man)
xx Hard to Get

Danger
xx Aaliyah (feat. Jessie Ware)
xx Got Paid (with Zinc & Wiley)
xx Light as a Feather (with Diplo & Iggy Azalea)
xx Danger (with Jacques Greene)

Little Red
xx Next Thing
xx 5AM
xx Crying for No Reason
xx I Like You
xx All My Lovin
xx Tumbling Down
xx Everything
xx Play (feat. Sampha)
xx Sapphire Blue
xx Emotions
xx Still
xx Blue Eyes
xx Stay Down
xx Hot Like Fire
xx Wicked Love
xx Sky's the Limit

Honey
xx Honey (with Kaytranada)
xx Who Am I (with Craig David & Major Lazer)
xx So Far Away (with Wilkinson & Stamina MC)
xx Chase Me (with Sasha Keable & JD. Reid)
xx Lose Your Head (with The HeavyTrackerz, J Hus, D Double E)
xx I Wanna Be (with Chris Lorenzo)
xx Calm Down (with Four Tet & Floating Points)
xx Heavy (with Mr. Mitch)
xx Dark Delirium (with Jamie Jones & Kate Simko)
xx Water Rising (with MssingNo & Geeneus)
xx Dreamers (with Hannah Wants)
xx Honey (Outro) (with Novelist & Geeneus)

Other
xx Louder
xx Crossover (with Magnetic Man)
xx Anywhere in the World (with Mark Ronson)
xx Sun Goes Down (with Devlin)
xx What Love is Made Of
xx Lover Like You (with Gorgon City)
xx Turn the Music Louder (with KDA and Tinie Tempah)
xx Freak Like Me (with Lee Walker, DJ Deeon & MNEK)
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 14th August 2017, 02:27 PM
Post #2
Group icon
User: 13,007

READY.

5AM to be a massive winner but away from that, I Wanna Be and Wicked Love to SHOCK the results and slay please.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 14th August 2017, 05:42 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

I expect Crying For No Reason will absolutely steamroll this (which would be a poor but predictable result imo).

Hopefully Katy On A Mission & Perfect Stranger perform decently!

+Quote this post
Noahspike
post 14th August 2017, 07:14 PM
Post #4
Group icon
There's a frisbee in my brunch
User: 19,860

READY TO GET STUCK IN

(For a popstar she really does do a disproportionately large amount of food themed photoshoots lol)

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 14th August 2017, 07:41 PM
Post #5
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦

what you've got there cookin' up, come give me my dose

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 14th August 2017, 08:19 PM
Post #6
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦

46-52

46. Who Am I (with Craig David & Major Lazer) | 6.44 Highest: 10 (George.koh), 8 (Cremey, HausofKatyB, Noahspike) Lowest: 5 (Dobbo, GavinDeeJay) 2 (Tawdry Hepburn)
= Hard to Get | 6.44 Highest: 8 (Klaus), 7.5 (Noahspike) Lowest: 5 (Davidson), 4 (HausofKatyB)
48. Sky's the Limit | 6.36 Highest: 7.5 (Klaus), 7 (Davidson, Noahspike) Lowest: 5 (HarryEzra)
49. Calm Down (with Four Tet & Floating Points) | 6.06 Highest: 10 (Cremey), 8 (danG, Klaus) Lowest: 5, (LewistGreen, gavindeejay, George.koh, NoahSpike) 4 (Jack, Josh, Liam)
50. Lose Your Head (with The HeavyTrackerz, J Hus, D Double E) | 5.93 Highest: 9 (Cremey), 8.5 (Davidson) 8 (Noahspike) Lowest: 4, (HarryEzra) 2 (Klaus)
= Heavy (with Mr. Mitch) | 5.93 Highest: 8 (HarryEzra), 7.5 (Noahspike) Lowest: 5 (360Jupiter, Davidson, HausofKatyB, Klaus)
52. Anywhere in the World (with Mark Ronson) | 4.9 Highest: 7 (gavindeejay) 6.5 (Noahspike) Lowest: 3 (TawdryHepburn) 2 (Jack, lewistgreen, 360Jupiter)

first out is 'Anywhere in the World' which should have been up there with one of my favourite tracks as it is a collaboration between two of my favourite artists!! I think the reason it doesn't hit the mark though is that it isn't a 'proper' track so to speak as it was written for Coca-Cola's campaign alongside the 2012 London Olympics, with the production featuring a range of sounds from Olympic sports. It is quite a special track in that regard as it does cleverly fit into the production but, as an overall package, it falls flat. Next up are two songs from 'Honey'. 'Heavy' is another song that falls quite flat and 'Lose Your Head' sees Katy only really singing the chorus, I find the raps to be quite cringy at moments. 'Calm Down' is perhaps a shock exit so early but I think a few of its vocal fans didn't actually rate! It was the first real teaser of the Honey project/album (if you don't count Turn the Music Louder) and I really hated it at first but have really warmed to it with more listens. I found the production to be quite irritating at first. 'Sky's the Limit' is the first 'Little Red' track out and it is the final bonus track on the album. 'Hard to Get' is the first from Katy's debut to fall and, again, it is the album closer! It's quite a chilled up-tempo track and I love the cricket opening as well as the fact that she includes her thank yous (or big ups) at the end of the track!! Who Am I also falls very early, despite being the lead single from 'Honey'. On paper, it should have been amazing and I was really hyped to hear. However, it is possibly one of the most disappointing first listens I've ever had of a song. It is the definition of a song falling flat, the production is incredibly weak (which really is a shock from Major Lazer!) and it just lacks the spark/emotion that Katy's other slower songs have for me.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 14th August 2017, 08:59 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

Completely agree on Who Am I, that collab SHOULD have been utterly amazing but it was such an enormous letdown nocheer.gif even giving a 5 was v generous...

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 14th August 2017, 09:12 PM
Post #8
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

No big losses there but I'm a bit shocked at Who Am I coming that low. I'm not going to say it wasn't a little disappointing but it's one of the only tracks I can really take from Honey, loads of it was just so uninteresting and there are very few tracks I consider going back to listen to nowadays and WAI is one of them ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 16th August 2017, 05:16 PM
Post #9
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦

41-45

41. Danger (with Jacques Greene) | 6.86 Highest: 10 (Noahspike), 8 (Cremey), Lowest: 5 (HarryEzra) 5.5 (Klaus)
42. Chase Me (with Sasha Keable & JD. Reid) | 6.79 Highest: 10 (Davidson) 8 (HarryEzra), Lowest: 5 (Cremey)
43. Tumbling Down | 6.71 Highest: 8 (360Jupiter, Cremey), Lowest: 5 (HarryEzra)
44. Honey (with Kaytranada) | 6.67 Highest: 9 (TawdryHepburn, Cremey, Davidson), 8.5 (Noahspike), Lowest: 5 (danG, gavindeejay, George.koh) 4 (lewistgreen)
45. Sun Goes Down (with Devlin) | 6.50 Highest: 7.5 (Noahspike), Lowest: 5 (Cremey)

Sun Goes Down came from Devlin's (remember him?) second album and it sees one of Katy's biggest step away from the dance genre. Honey is the title track from Katy's third album and sees her take on a more chilled track with the help Kaytranda, who released his own album a couple of weeks after Honey. It took me a few listens to fully appreciate it and it is a nice track but she has far better songs. Tumbling Down sits in the middle slump of Little Red (excluding bonus tracks) for me. It's my favourite album of years and it starts of incredibly well before taking a slight fillery slump with All My Lovin & Tumbling Down before bringing it BACK with an incredible second half. It is good but it is very much overshadowed by the rest of the album. Chase Me is another nice track where its not too dull but not too exciting either, one of my favourite parts of it is actually Sasha's addition oops. Finishing this run of nice songs is Danger, which is just really a summarisation of my thoughts on the previous three songs.

+Quote this post
Cremey
post 16th August 2017, 05:21 PM
Post #10
Group icon
on a bench in coney island
User: 4,089

How on earth is 'Calm Down' only 49th? ohmy.gif
One of my absolute favourites, so smooth. Shame to see 'Honey' out already too.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 16th August 2017, 05:31 PM
Post #11
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

Never really got into her Honey album as much. Some good tracks but a big step down from Little Red.

Still to this day am baffled by how average Who Am I was considering the names involved.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 16th August 2017, 05:40 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

'Honey' is so lush. sad.gif

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 19th August 2017, 12:10 PM
Post #13
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦

36-40

36. Got Paid (with Zinc & Wiley) | 7.07 Highest: 8 (Liam), 7.5 (Klaus, Noahspike) Lowest: 6.5 (Davidson), 6 (HarryEzra) 5.5 (Klaus)
37. What Love is Made Of | 7.00 Highest: 9 (Josh!, Liam) 8 (Klaus), Lowest: 3 (TawdryHepburn)
= Dreamers (with Hannah Wants) | 7.00 Highest: 9 (Klaus) 8.5 (Davidson), Lowest: 6.5 (Noahspike), 6 (360Jupiter, Cremey, HausofKatyB)
39. Freak Like Me (with Lee Walker, DJ Deeon & MNEK) | 6.94 Highest: 11 (danG), 10 (George.koh), Lowest: 4 (Cremey), 3 (360Jupiter)
40. Blue Eyes | 6.93 Highest: 8 (Klaus, Noahspike), Lowest: 6 (HarryEzra), 5 (HausofKatyB)

Blue Eyes is the first bonus track from Little Red and it's a great upbeat track! Freak Like Me is the most newest song on the list, having been released late last year and it actually charted higher than the lead single from Honey! It's a big house track and it is more along the lines of what Honey should have had more of (from the sound of what she wanted to achieve from that era). It is perhaps just slightly too repetitive but MNEK's addition really helps boost the song! Dreamers is yet another song gone from Honey but it's one of my favourites from the album! It's a great care-free, chilled but upbeat song! What Love is Made Of was the first taste of the Little Red era but was actually left off the album due to it underperforming. I have grown to really love it but it was a really poor choice of lead single and it isn't enough of a bold statement to return with. 5AM should have been released in its place rather than being hidden in Q4. Got Paid is from the Danger EP and is about going out on payday. It's a great fun carefree song and one I should revisit more! Also, just noticed Tinie's 'wanna here TT with the KDA and Katy B' in Turn the Music Louder sounds very similar to the way Wiley shouts out Katy here!

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 27th August 2017, 10:23 AM
Post #14
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦

31-35

31. All My Lovin | 7.36 Highest: 9 (Cremey), 8.5 (Noahspike), Lowest: 5 (Klaus)
= Stay Down | 7.36 Highest: 10 (Cremey, Noahspike) Lowest: 6 (360Jupiter, Klaus), 5 (HarryEzra)
= So Far Away (with Wilkinson & Stamina MC) | 7.36 Highest: 8 (HarryEzra, 360Jupiter, Davidson), Lowest: 6 (Cremey)
= Honey (Outro) [with Novelist & Geeneus] | 7.36 Highest: 10 (Cremey), 9 (Klaus, Noahspike), Lowest: 5 (HausofKatyB), 3 (HarryEzra)
35. Why You Always Here | 7.19 Highest: 8 (Davidson), Lowest: 7 (HarryEzra, 360Jupiter, Liam, Cremey, HausofKatyB, Klaus)

Katy's debut finally loses another song with Why You Always Here which mainly got 7s apart from an 8 from Davidson and a 7.5 from Noahspike. Probably one of the biggest examples of where everyone actually agrees with each other! Next we have a four place tie!! Honey (Outro) deserves to be higher though, it's a beautiful ode to music and I think both Katy and Novelist have wrote some great lyrics for it. It's a fantastic way to close the album. So Far Away is another song to fall from Honey and this is a Wilkinson collab & therefore a drum n bass track! It is good but I would say its in the right position here. Stay Down is another deluxe track from Little Red and is another example of Katy slowing things down a bit. All My Lovin is far too high! It's one of the ultimate filler tracks for me and the weakest on Little Red, just a bit dull!

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 27th August 2017, 10:23 AM
Post #15
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦

One of her biggest hits is coming in the next batch, what could it be? ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 27th August 2017, 12:50 PM
Post #16
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

Hopefully the Ms Dynamite song. Or is the Ronson song out yet?

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 30th August 2017, 06:29 PM
Post #17
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦

26-30

26. Lights On (feat. Ms Dynamite) | 7.56 Highest:11 (Josh) 10 (lewistgreen, Klaus), Lowest: 4 (360Jupiter), 0 (Cremey)
27. Movement | 7.5 Highest: 9 (Liam, Cremey), 8.5 (Davidson) Lowest: 6 (360Jupiter, HausofKatyB, Noahspike)
= Crossover (with Magnetic Man) | 7.5 Highest: 8 (HarryEzra, 360Jupiter, Davidson), Lowest: 6 (Cremey)
29. Louder | 7.42 Highest: 8.5 (Noahspike), Lowest: 4 (Davidson)
30. Disappear | 7.38 Highest: 9 (Davidson), 8 (Liam), Lowest: 6 (Klaus)

Disappear amuses me purely for the fact that it follows 'Go Away' in the tracklist of 'On a Mission'. It has quite a fun melody, with Katy playing around with it all over the song. Louder was the b-side to her first single 'Katy On a Mission' and became quite popular in its own right! I remember it often lurked in the 100s on iTunes during its initial release (when I actually followed the iTunes chart) and I also remember a lot of people wanted her to explore more of that sound. Crossover is the second collaboration on Magnetic Man's album, following the single 'Perfect Stranger' which is still to come! Another victim of this debut era section is 'Movement' which did receive a video and it isn't really classified as a single. It's quite a chilled but funky affair. The incredible 'Lights On' somehow manages to only place 26th?!? It was her second single and allowed her to become more than an ambiguous one hit dance wonder and also helped to give Ms Dynamite some continued relevance in 2011! I think they both work great together and its a really great fun track, despite not having a clue what Ms Dynamite is saying in her second turn.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 30th August 2017, 06:46 PM
Post #18
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦

21-25

21. Next Thing | 7.79 Highest:9.5 (Klaus), 9 (Davidson) Lowest: 6 (HarryEzra)
22. I Wanna Be (with Chris Lorenzo) | 7.76 Highest: 11 (TawdryHepburn), 10 (HausofKatyB, Klaus, Noahspike) Lowest: 5, (Josh) 4 (Dobbo)
23. Light as a Feather (with Diplo & Iggy Azalea) | 7.71 Highest: 10 (Cremey), Lowest: 7 (HarryEzra, Davidson, Klaus)
= Hot Like Fire | 7.71 Highest: 9.5 (Noahspike), 9 (HarryEzra) Lowest: 6 (Cremey)
= Water Rising (with MssingNo & Geeneus) | 7.71 Highest: 10 (Cremey, Noahspike), Lowest: 5 (HausofKatyB)

Water Rising is another collaboration with Geeneus (aka owner of RinseFM which Katy is signed to/now a DJ of) as well as BJSC favourites MssingNo. It's one of the stronger album tracks from Honey. Hot Like Fire is another Little Red bonus track and probably has one of the fastest bpms for a Katy song! Light as a Feather on the other hand slows things down again, until we get to the drop, and it has some of Katy's more high profile collaborations despite being tucked away on the free Danger EP. This was of course released before Igloo Australia rose very high and dropped just as quick. I Wanna Be is FARR too low!! It was the saving grace of the Honey era for me having been disappointed with what had been released at that time, it brought be completely back on board as I was immediately addicted with its build up and life affirming production, matched with some brilliant lyrics. Anxiety really is a bitch. Next Thing is another brilliant track and a great opener to her best album, as it speeds its way through the song.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 30th August 2017, 06:46 PM
Post #19
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦

i'm sorry but how is I Wanna Be TWENTY SECOND, just listen to it!!?!

Top 20:

xx 5AM
xx Aaliyah (feat. Jessie Ware)
xx Broken Record
xx Crying for No Reason
xx Dark Delirium (with Jamie Jones & Kate Simko)
xx Easy Please Me
xx Emotions
xx Everything
xx Go Away
xx I Like You
xx Katy on a Mission
xx Lover Like You (with Gorgon City)
xx Perfect Stranger (with Magnetic Man)
xx Play (feat. Sampha)
xx Power On Me
xx Sapphire Blue
xx Still
xx Turn the Music Louder (with KDA and Tinie Tempah)
xx Wicked Love
xx Witches' Brew

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 30th August 2017, 08:16 PM
Post #20
Group icon
User: 13,007

WTAF at the last few.

How is I Wanna Be that low down mellow.gif It's one of her ABSOLUTE BEST !!!!!!?

Lights On too low too ~

A mess.

+Quote this post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 07:02 AM