BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7  
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> Friday Chart Predictions
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Robbie
post 14th November 2019, 07:53 PM
Post #121
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 366

QUOTE(Bjork @ Nov 14 2019, 11:52 AM) *
not even sure what the occ considers as promotion
cos for instance Bohemian Rhapsody was kept at ACR despite the movie release
so the same could happen to Last Xmas this time... even if the movie is out

I see why the Lizzo singles were taken off ACR, as they were proper singles sent to radio and being playlisted
I'm assuming the OCC will accept a reset request from a label as long as it is reasonable in the circumstances. If the label doesn't request a reset then it won't happen, the OCC wouldn't unilaterally decide to reset a track. As for what is reasonable, I assume it's if a label is actively promoting a 3+ year old track in the same way as the label would actively promote a new track.At the very least there would be a promotions team involved.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 14th November 2019, 09:22 PM
Post #122
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

QUOTE(Bjork @ Nov 14 2019, 12:57 PM) *
^Agree on that one
and the saddest thing, it's by far the best of all the newies we have this week :/ if only the urban music fans listened to Frank Ocean instead of Fredo biggrin.gif

Any non-urban new entry is a plus in the top 40 these days!

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 14th November 2019, 09:35 PM
Post #123
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

QUOTE(Robbie @ Nov 14 2019, 07:53 PM) *
I'm assuming the OCC will accept a reset request from a label as long as it is reasonable in the circumstances. If the label doesn't request a reset then it won't happen, the OCC wouldn't unilaterally decide to reset a track. As for what is reasonable, I assume it's if a label is actively promoting a 3+ year old track in the same way as the label would actively promote a new track.At the very least there would be a promotions team involved.

Yeh true and it's hard to know how much labels know about this especially non-U.K. artist label!

+Quote this post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 09:35 AM