BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
16 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The X Factor: The Band, Dec 2019 | ITV (+axed All Stars talk)
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post Feb 13 2019, 10:45 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
As I said in the other thread, AGT's Champions series was genius and has worked so well with an insane level of talent, but unfortunately Syco's f***ed over so many of the winners and most memorable acts that I doubt many of the biggest or best would come back laugh.gif I guess you never know though.

A celebrity version seems like the only idea worse rn than another normal series laugh.gif The last one was a disaster, and nobody is going to be chomping at the bit to see some Love Island/TOWIE flops and a couple of soap stars singing each week. If it was a sort of mini thing during Children In Need or Stand Up To Cancer, fine, but it's not really something they should do as a whole "normal" series. One of the big problems of a normal series is the lack of investment in winners, what's the point if they won't do anything after, and a celebrity series is hardly going to make a chart star out of Megan from Love Island or Gemma Collins after a couple of times singing ok on TV.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Botchia
post Feb 14 2019, 11:19 AM
Post #2
Group icon
I Drink Wine
User: 21,753
QUOTE(Liаm @ Feb 13 2019, 10:45 PM) *
As I said in the other thread, AGT's Champions series was genius and has worked so well with an insane level of talent, but unfortunately Syco's f***ed over so many of the winners and most memorable acts that I doubt many of the biggest or best would come back laugh.gif I guess you never know though.

A celebrity version seems like the only idea worse rn than another normal series laugh.gif The last one was a disaster, and nobody is going to be chomping at the bit to see some Love Island/TOWIE flops and a couple of soap stars singing each week. If it was a sort of mini thing during Children In Need or Stand Up To Cancer, fine, but it's not really something they should do as a whole "normal" series. One of the big problems of a normal series is the lack of investment in winners, what's the point if they won't do anything after, and a celebrity series is hardly going to make a chart star out of Megan from Love Island or Gemma Collins after a couple of times singing ok on TV.

Yeah it’s a shame Syco screwed over so many of the big names. The only thing is that the exposure for numerous weeks on tv might be appealing for acts who are now struggling (like Leona, Alexandra etc). It could be a good opportunity to remind people why the won and reignite interest in them. Other than that, I can’t see anyone wanting to return after the way they were screwed over lmao

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post Feb 14 2019, 11:29 AM
Post #3
Group icon
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
User: 13,208
Well - and I put a disclaimer here in case this statement comes back to bite me on the bum that what I say next is null and void in the event it happens - Olly certainly wouldn't do an All Stars series. He's not said himself but he's hinted that after his use as a whipping boy for all that was wrong with the 2015 series he doesn't fancy being that heavily involved again. And who can blame him when he's a coach on a series getting more viewers than either of the last two series of X Factor had and he has another sell out tour later this year?

JLS I can't see doing it - partly because Oritsé's current brush with the law is still looming over him, but also because JB seems quite happy being a farmer and presenter these days, Marvin likewise, but substitute farmer for DJ. Aston would be plausible enough a representation I suppose. Diana Vickers would be great too.

It'll be interesting to see how ITV copes without it in its absence. I imagine that their autumn Saturday schedules without it will end up being to them what Saturday nights are to the BBC at the times of year that Strictly isn't on.

+Quote this post
pippa
post Feb 14 2019, 02:47 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031
If the rumours are true acts such as Olly Murs wont do it as they dont need to as they have had a very successful career.
In my opinion this would be more suited to former contestants/winners such as Ben Haenow, Sam Bailey, Rak Su, Eoghan Quigg, Leon Jackson, Marcus Collins etc and i would predict Louisa Johnson will be one of the first signed.
The acts mentioned had short lived success so having further association with the show can really only boost their profile.
Other acts such as Leona Lewis, Olly Murs, James Arthur etc will take all the guest performance slots.
I do like this idea,i know most wont but i hope the rumours are true as it could provide wonderful trip down memory lane when the show was something huge.
The only thing we are guaranteed is Steve Brookstein wont be part of it tongue.gif

This post has been edited by pippa: Feb 14 2019, 02:49 PM

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post Feb 14 2019, 02:53 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053
If Wagner and/or Honey G return I'll be watching.

+Quote this post
pippa
post Feb 14 2019, 09:06 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031
Rylan too.

+Quote this post
Maz!
post Feb 14 2019, 10:33 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 20,217
Confirmed by Simon now Simon interview

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Feb 14 2019, 11:06 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
We... really don't need both laugh.gif I mean I'll watch, on paper it's great as I've said with the AGT series currently, but there's so many reasons why it won't work in theory - especially with last year's panel! If they did manage to get back a good bunch of the biggest/best names and fill the gaps with talented international contestants, it'd be maybe ok, but it's so bad for so long it's gonna take more than that. Also unlike AGT with some viral/really impressive acts, I can't think of many from worldwide X Factor, other than ones I just love for their music laugh.gif Francesca Michielin or Reigan Derry would kill me off I'd be so excited but they wouldn't light up the viewing figures!

Not to mention, part of the reason is that people are tired of so much X Factor, 2 series in one year is only going to accelerate that surely??

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Feb 15 2019, 12:58 PM
Post #9
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160
^Exactly!

How can this plan (that includes a celeb version no one was asking for) do anything but damage the brand even further?

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post Feb 15 2019, 01:42 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002
I really don't see who would want to go back... I mean sure they could probably get back the likes of Chico, Wagner, Tesco Mary etc.

But acts with actual talent/ that had something aren't going to back. Also how many people have actually spoken out about the show over the years? Would they want to come back?

I appreciate they're doing all they can to try and save a dying format, but I think the axe would be kinder.

+Quote this post
-0-0
post Feb 15 2019, 01:59 PM
Post #11
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643
Leona lewis coming for a second wind

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post Feb 15 2019, 04:44 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043
I'm so far beyond ready for the resurrection of Diana Vickers!!!!!!

+Quote this post
RobBot
post Feb 15 2019, 04:58 PM
Post #13
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117
I feel like they'd go for the sort of contestants who have found themselves into minor celebrity roles or West End, like Stacey Solomon, Ray Quinn etc.

I'd have thought they'd have a problem luring back in the amount of contestants they've shafted over the years...

+Quote this post
LouisL
post Feb 15 2019, 05:05 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 42,419
Fairly excited for the All Stars one but not really the Celeb one
The normal series should be rested for a good 3/4 years

+Quote this post
Tombo
post Feb 15 2019, 05:53 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,543
This is so exciting, I am really looking forward to the seasons this year. I might even tune into BGT Champions, I haven't seen many recent series of it but it will be cool to see a mix of classic acts and some that I missed.

I am looking forward to lots of X Factor contestants coming back. It would suck for the ones who come back and audition for the judges to just give them a no laugh.gif
That is if they will still run that aspect in the same sort of way.

I would like to see Amelia Lily and Misha B back.

Alexandra Burke seems to be busy with musicals but hopefully she could come back.

There have been so many great acts over the years, Luke Friend is under-rated. Abi Alton was very talented. There is just such a broad spectrum of acts but then as others have said, it depends if they would want to go back and how they perceived their treatment by it the first time round.

Kitty Brucknell would probably go back if they asked, I would root for her again if she did!

Saara Aalto also is incredible.

I hope they actually have some decent celebrities for the celebrity version.

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post Feb 15 2019, 05:54 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471
They need to get a classic judges panel for this to work.

+Quote this post
-0-0
post Feb 16 2019, 12:32 AM
Post #17
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643
Ruth Lorenzo

+Quote this post
Adam
post Feb 19 2019, 12:46 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 4,682
I could see a few of our faves doing it. Fleur's solo single did nothing, even after a Celeb stint, I think she might swallow her pride and just do it. She seems to still get on well with Simon. Same with Louisa.

Saara I'm not certain would get asked but if she did, why not? A few more weeks exposure, it can't harm. And Queen Habibis, obv. Ha

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Feb 19 2019, 01:33 PM
Post #19
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
Saara said she wouldn't do it, I suppose you're right about some of the less successful gay niche ones we love though- I'm sure there'd be a couple who'd think "sod it what's to lose" laugh.gif I can see it either bombing and being nearly all terrible people, or it'll be one that we love on here but still flops because the public don't care, I'm very sceptical that they'd get back all the big ones they'd need for it to be a success.

+Quote this post
Alex!
post Feb 19 2019, 01:44 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,983
Cher Lloyd or I don't want it.

+Quote this post

16 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:39 PM