BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The First Purge, Fourth instalment, 04/07/18
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
lewistgreen
post Aug 24 2017, 01:35 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 19,585

The fourth film in The Purge franchise will be a prequel taking a look at events leading up to The Purge Night being created and accepted by the United States.

James DeMonaco has returned to write the script for the fourth film with Gerard McMurray directing the film.

The film series follows the premise of:
In 2014, the New Founding Fathers of America (NFFA), a totalitarian political party portraying themselves as successors to the Founding Fathers of the United States, are voted into office following an economic collapse and pass the 28th Amendment which sanctions an annual national civic tradition called "The Purge," the first of which takes place in 2017. The Purge occurs for 12 hours, from 7 p.m. March 21 to 7 a.m. March 22, during which all crime is legal and all police, fire, and medical emergency services remain unavailable. Restrictions prohibit government officials "ranking 10" from being disturbed, as well as the use of all weapons above Class 4 (explosive devices such as grenades, rocket launchers, and bazookas). Violation of Purge rules results in a summary execution by hanging. The Purge has resulted in unemployment rates plummeting to 1%, low crime, and a strong economy.

Each film so far has portrayed different characters and stories involved in the run up to and during "Purge Night". The first film (The Purge), set in 2022, details a family's battle with taking in a stranger being targeted and the resulting outcome from their neighbours and local population. The second film (Anarchy), set a year later in 2023, takes the story onto the streets with a group of people brought together on the night, a look at the impoverished being targeted and those that are fighting against The Purge. The third film (Election Year) details a U.S. Senator's story for presidency in 2040 in an attempt to abolish The Purge from continuing.

All 3 films have received mixed reviews so far but each successive film has grossed more at the box office each time, making it one of the most successful low-budget franchises.

This post has been edited by UltraReputation: Feb 5 2018, 12:18 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JackTheeStallion
post Aug 24 2017, 02:01 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 223

Excited for this, The Purge films are always so so entertaining imo.

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Aug 24 2017, 03:20 PM
Post #3
I found the love, I found the love in me
Member No.: 5,042

They have been getting better with each release, although not really anything special, but good fun so my fingers are crossed for this one! Excited!

+Quote Post
lewistgreen
post Sep 7 2017, 05:27 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Legend

More details released today:

Purge: The Island will be a prequel focusing on the first ever national murderfest, which takes place on Staten Island, New York.

"I said it's the first experimental Purge, which I don't know if I was supposed to say, but now I've said it, so you have it", DeMonaco revealed to Vulture.

He explained: "What they do is start promising very decent sums of money for the very poor people in the neighborhood. It becomes a monetization of murder and violence, incentivizing killing and keeping people around for them to be victims.

"So you see the inception of how grotesque the idea of the Purge is, and the manipulation upon the society."

The film will also feature a "hero" for the first time, inspired by Clint Eastwood in Unforgiven.

"This is one man's journey, William… [a]modern kind of badass who redeems himself through the story" explained DeMonaco.

+Quote Post
lotita
post Sep 7 2017, 07:28 PM
Post #5
feminist icon (she/her)
Group: Site Empress
Member No.: 21,777
   No Gallery Pics

im still yet to see 2 and 3, i'll have to catch up because a prequel intruiges me ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
UltraCruelSummer
post Feb 5 2018, 12:18 AM
Post #6
It's a cruel summer.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

Not Super Bowl related but this dropped a few days ago! LOVE the poster and a really clever teaser trailer, this is gonna be so topical and I'm ready for it *.*

Also this is now called the first purge.

+Quote Post
Dexton
post Feb 14 2018, 02:14 AM
Post #7
rip in peace Dickston
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

I’m really excited for this *.* I rewatched 2 & 3 over the weekend and reignited my love for these movies. I think Anarchy is my favourite, there’s more action and it’s a lot more gripping and tense. Election Year is great also but I found it a bit sluggish towards the end. The original Purge is actually my least favourite I think, I still love watching it but it is quite slow to start.

One complaint I have about this series is how STUPID the supprorting characters usually seem to be. Election Year aside (as that had the best cast in my opinion), the other two had such stupid people. The couple in Anarchy were ridiculously idiotic most of the time (ie. “Let’s Go this way! he yells at the top of his voice before stepping directly into a trap) and the daughter in the original Purge was pathetic too. Hopefully The First Purge will have: the high stakes of the first movie, the tension and action of the second movie, and the detailed/interesting characters of the third movie - to end this series on a high note

+Quote Post
lewistgreen
post Apr 6 2018, 10:38 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Legend

+Quote Post
JackTheeStallion
post Apr 8 2018, 10:13 AM
Post #9
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 223

The trailer didn’t really excite me tbh, just looks like more of the same and nothing really new sad.gif

+Quote Post
Dexton
post Apr 8 2018, 02:40 PM
Post #10
rip in peace Dickston
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

I'm excited for this! The trailer looks as if this will be a scarier/more tense watch than before, which I think comes from the fact this is "The First Purge" so everyone is more innocent and naive as it's never happened before

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:33 AM