BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Green Room · Eurovision Song Contest 2024, All the news from Malmö
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post 7th July 2023, 12:39 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Off to... Malmö

They went there last time Loreen won too tearsmile.gif (Also, I believe after Loreen won both times, when she was asked she said she wanted Stockholm tearsmile.gif and both times... they ignored her lmao)
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Silas
post 7th July 2023, 12:56 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

Stockholm is defo a nicer city but i know a nice campground over the Öresund from when I was a kid that would be fun to stay at

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 7th July 2023, 01:40 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

I had a great time there in 2013 (and an ok time when we went to see a Melodifestivalen heat there in 2019), but was really hoping for Stockholm this time. I don't rate Malmö massively as a city, and there are no hotels left already, so realistically - as I did in 2013 - you have to stay over the bridge in Copenhagen and you're adding the cost of constantly going backwards and forwards on the train, and the difficulty getting back there in the early hours. We also have a friend who lives near Stockholm that we could have stayed with - never mind!

Still, Malmö did host it really well in 2013 so they've already got a very recent blueprint to return to and improve on. And it's a bigger venue than the Liverpool venue, so hopefully tickets will be slightly easier to get for rehearsals etc...

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 7th July 2023, 01:54 PM
Post #4
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

SO HAPPY! I took a risk after seeing Loreen perform on the Tuesday Semi Final family show, and booked a hotel in Malmo... and the guess came true! Now just praying they don't cancel it as it's £199 for 6 nights which is a STEAL compared to what it'll be now laugh.gif

+Quote this post
LexC
post 7th July 2023, 02:16 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
User: 5,342

Makes sense after basically all of the Stockholm options were ruled out - Malmö is a pretty "safe" bet all told. Plus, lets be real, Stockholm will have another chance before too long I imagine!

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 7th July 2023, 02:21 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Hello?

QUOTE(RobBot @ Jul 7 2023, 02:54 PM) *
SO HAPPY! I took a risk after seeing Loreen perform on the Tuesday Semi Final family show, and booked a hotel in Malmo... and the guess came true! Now just praying they don't cancel it as it's £199 for 6 nights which is a STEAL compared to what it'll be now laugh.gif

Well predicted! They must be fuming that they sold it so cheap laugh.gif The cheapest there now is thousands of pounds.

Another nice town very close to Malmö is Lund, 20 mins on the train iirc. Not sure how many hotels it's likely to have though.

+Quote this post
JulianT
post 7th July 2023, 03:15 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,705

Apparently the train over the bridge is 24 hours though so not so bad if can stay fairly close to the station in Copenhagen.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 7th July 2023, 03:42 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Hello?

QUOTE(JulianT @ Jul 7 2023, 04:15 PM) *
Apparently the train over the bridge is 24 hours though so not so bad if can stay fairly close to the station in Copenhagen.

That's good, I'm sure in 2013 there was definitely a 'last train' people were scrambling for, but to be fair, I think it was at like 2am so plenty of time to get to it after the show finished.

I was quite happy staying in Copenhagen in 2013 (the double bonus of seeing that city too), although obviously you end up racking up quite a bit in train fare going to and fro for a week. Still a cheaper option though.

Outside the Eurovision events that will be on, Malmö itself isn't the sort of city most people would probably want to spend days exploring as a tourist, so I expect people will welcome the opportunity to have Copenhagen to explore too. And I really do recommend a few hours in Lund too!

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 7th July 2023, 04:42 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

QUOTE(RobBot @ Jul 7 2023, 02:54 PM) *

Omfg BARGAIN!!!

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 7th July 2023, 04:44 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

ALSO!!!

Eurovision haa revealed 24 countries have confirmed :// Only 24!! No UK, no Ukraine, no Ireland ohmy.gif Gonna be a very small show unless a few more confirm before the deadline.

+Quote this post
LexC
post 7th July 2023, 05:48 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
User: 5,342

QUOTE(Big Fat Padam @ Jul 7 2023, 05:44 PM) *
ALSO!!!

Eurovision haa revealed 24 countries have confirmed :// Only 24!! No UK, no Ukraine, no Ireland ohmy.gif Gonna be a very small show unless a few more confirm before the deadline.

The deadline isn't usually until November/December at the earliest so its not worth reading too much into that.

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 8th July 2023, 02:00 PM
Post #12
Group icon
I feel it COMING!
Pronouns: he/they
User: 77,363

sksksksksksk

+Quote this post
Colm
post 9th July 2023, 05:43 AM
Post #13
Group icon
Yes, it's me.
User: 9,885

QUOTE(Big Fat Padam @ Jul 7 2023, 05:44 PM) *
ALSO!!!

Where are you getting this news from?

Ireland has confirmed

https://www.esc-plus.com/eurovision-2024-co...rmed-countries/

This post has been edited by Colm: 9th July 2023, 05:44 AM

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 9th July 2023, 12:28 PM
Post #14
Group icon
I feel it COMING!

QUOTE(Colm @ Jul 9 2023, 06:43 AM) *
Where are you getting this news from?

Source: Trust me bro

+Quote this post
Colm
post 10th July 2023, 03:44 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Yes, it's me.
User: 9,885

laugh.gif

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 20th July 2023, 09:42 PM
Post #16
Group icon
I feel it COMING!

Do we let him cook? thinking.gif

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 17th September 2023, 01:36 PM
Post #17
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

North Macedonia are planning to return https://escxtra.com/2023/09/17/north-macedo...urovision-2024/ - broadcaster has a PDF of their plans for next year publicly available with the intent to participate in Eurovision 2024 stated there.

good to see that they want to come back and I would guess they're on the confirmed list if this document is out there although their finances do look a little on the low side for what they've allocated for it.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 17th September 2023, 01:49 PM
Post #18
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

Rina oe Ellie/ Calvin for next year!!!!

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 9th November 2023, 12:00 PM
Post #19
Group icon
I feel it COMING!

Multiple sources (French HoD, Albanian RTSH's general director (???) ) are claiming there are 41 countries participating in the end. We currently have 35 countries confirmed. Which 6 other countries do you think will join the list? Do you think we will have 41 countries?

North Macedonia looks likely to return. Australia, Armenia and Romania have not confirmed yet but I think they will participate. That leaves us with 2 spots, and Montenegro and Slovakia seem like the most likely returnees from what I've heard in my Eurovision circle.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 9th November 2023, 12:50 PM
Post #20
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

Assuming it's not some misspeaking, and it might just be that, we may get to the list and it just has 38 or 39, it does take a reach to get to 41.

The 37 last year + Luxembourg (confirmed) + North Macedonia (reports look likely) + Montenegro (no info but only other country that is both an in-out participant and hasn't already confirmed out before now) only takes us to 40. To get us the last one we do have to be looking at someone who's already indicated they're not returning like Slovakia, Bulgaria, Bosnia, Hungary, Andorra, Turkey, Monaco or perhaps a debutant like Kazakhstan.

As Luxembourg was announced with such fanfare, if it's a returnee then it's probably some nation taking a long time to negotiate particulars with the EBU, which could be why the list isn't out yet. the Israel situation may also be contributing to the late publication but them withdrawing would mean needing to find 2 unlikely returnees to meet this 41 figure so I doubt it?

Turkey and Hungary I think we can say aren't in, A Dal's schedule is out with no mention of Eurovision and both have indicated it'd take a major shift in their political leadership before they return to the contest.
Andorra and Monaco are probably watching the Luxembourg participation.
Bosnia and Bulgaria are both on the 'we'll only enter if someone super rich personally funds the entry' train, so it could be one of them, more likely Bulgaria.
Slovakia already confirmed not in pretty early on as always - I am seeing a (potentially incredibly bullshit) instagram post about a previously announced non-participant 'regretting' announcing that so that could be them, but I'm placing no faith in it. I've often thought Czechia somehow keeping regular participation has to be getting them to notice but there's been no movement on it for so long.
Kazakhstan would be... odd. It's so much more obviously a nation outside of Europe than the Caucasus lot even if technically they have the same justification for participating. But if I had to pick a country from this list they'd be one of the more likely ones, strangely.

+Quote this post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 08:49 AM