BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Doctor Strange
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Mart!n
post 16th April 2016, 04:14 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2
The first teaser trailer for the film set for release November 2016

Not really sure how good this will be with Benedict Cumberbatch in the lead role, the film has potential.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 17th April 2016, 01:24 PM
Post #2
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
I think it looks really interesting! I love how Marvel are bringing something new to the table after being criticised for being too predictable and samey. I think it helps that Guardians was such a massive hit that they've decided to take more necessary risks and are evolving and adapting really, REALLY well atm. I'm intrigued by this and how much it looks like it could be a superhero film crossed with 'Inception'!

+Quote this post
Regina
post 17th April 2016, 02:37 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572
Never been a massive Doctor Strange fan but he has his moments. However, this is a MAJOR misscast, Benedict is ruining him sleep.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 27th July 2016, 02:08 PM
Post #4
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

I agree with a lot of others who say this just looks like superhero 'Inception' but it does look pretty exciting, some of the shots do look so cool and I am a fan of the cast, Tilda Swinton especially who looks fantastic so far. Hope it is a bit more funny than the trailers suggest though, I loved the Wi-Fi password gag so more of that would be nice!

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post 24th October 2016, 04:15 PM
Post #5
Group icon
I'm so ready for this film, comes out this week

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 24th October 2016, 10:45 PM
Post #6
Group icon
I saw this last night. It was excellent and a very welcome addition to the MCU! Absolutely STUNNING visuals. Completely breathtaking! A very nice length too. I don't think there was any point where it dragged.

8/10 and that puts it above 'Thor', 'Iron Man 2' (and POSSIBLY 3) and 'Incredible Hulk' for me. But I hold them all in high regard - need another viewing to get my head around it all properly and it could go higher up in my list!

+Quote this post
T83:Y96
post 25th October 2016, 08:46 AM
Post #7
Group icon
My mother said, to get things done, you better not mess with Maj
User: 21,319
I'm going to see this with my friends this week (not quite sure when though, I'm repeatedly refreshing the cinema's website to see when the film is shown). I have to say it looks very good, so I'm looking forward to it.

The wi-fi password joke is very funny!

+Quote this post
post 25th October 2016, 09:07 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
Enjoyed this, though it's probably in the lower half of the MCU series. The visuals, Tilda and Rachel stood out. But I couldn't get into Benedict as a leading superhero. My favourite part was the after credits scene tbh.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 25th October 2016, 12:44 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Rachel did well for the role she had, but it was extremely minimal and not really enough to grab attention. She has so much emotion though as an actress in general! So she's still great.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 25th October 2016, 01:09 PM
Post #10
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
I was ready to pass on this, didn't feel much buzz, wasn't particularly drawn in by the trailer and I like Benedict but I wasn't sure if this was the right role for him. However, the reviews look pretty good, 35 fresh vs. 1 rotten on RT so far, so I might give it a chance.

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post 25th October 2016, 02:45 PM
Post #11
Group icon
The cast of Infinity War I and II is looking impressive, even Doctor Strange gets a part, it seems like they are throwing in the iamspamspamami sink

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 25th October 2016, 10:43 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 18,293
I really enjoyed this tonight. Easily in my top 3 films of the year. Marvel Studios have really been on fire this year.. I do wish Rachel McAdams would have had a larger role though. Absolute stunning to watch as well, especially in IMAX 3D.

+Quote this post
post 27th October 2016, 05:53 PM
Post #13
Group icon
I've just seen this with friends. Very good, the visuals especially were spectatular. Unfortunately, they included too many surgery scenes and one of my friends fainted during the movie smile.gif

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 27th October 2016, 06:05 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666
I am jealous you guys got this 2 weeks before us in USA...one of my most anticipated movies this year wub.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 27th October 2016, 06:19 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Marvel Studios are very good to us here in the UK! We get them all about a week early! (Makes a change and I guess that's so they can do the promotion rounds easier, no good if they're in the US promoting when it's released here etc..) We tend to get the Disney animations a week or so later though, so I think Disney like to make it fair in general. (Star Wars being the only major exception coz that sells on name alone laugh.gif)

+Quote this post
post 28th October 2016, 07:07 AM
Post #16
Group icon
One of my favourite moments was when Wong was listening to Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) and Doctor Strange was using the portals to steal books without him noticing laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Neil
post 28th October 2016, 09:17 AM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 9,016
I loved this film! My only criticism is that I didn't feel like it built up to much at the end. Visually, that whole sequence was a feast for the eyes but in terms of story it was a bit lacking.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 29th October 2016, 10:11 PM
Post #18
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
Another great movie deliverd by Marvel, there's definitely a noticeable formula now but I'm certainly not bored of all things MCU yet. Would probably rank this higher than the other debut films like Ant-man, Hulk, Captain America and Iron Man and perhaps Thor too although I loved that movie a lot. Thought the pacing was pretty good, non-stop action and humour really so wasn't bored for one moment and the time flew by. The CGI in the reality-bending parts was fantastic and I loved that aspect but it did look a little shoddy, for example, during the parts when characters were jumping about (especially Chiwetel Ejiofor with his Jupiter Ascending Channing Tatum boots laugh.gif

Thought the characters were all fun too and looking forward to seeing them appear again in future movies within the universe. Tilda Swinton was the clear highlight and her fight scenes were by far the sheer coolest ones (gutted they killed her off already because I could watch those fight scenes all day). Not usually the biggest Cumberbatch fan either but thought he was likeable here and delivered the jokes well, prefer him to Downey Jr. already! Still a bit of a villain problem which hasn't been sorted with this movie but I thought Mads was fun at least and I liked the eye make-up tongue.gif

Looking forward to THREE movies next year from Marvel, woop woop!!!

This post has been edited by Josh.: 29th October 2016, 10:12 PM

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 30th October 2016, 12:14 AM
Post #19
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
QUOTE(Taylor Jago @ Oct 28 2016, 08:07 AM) *
One of my favourite moments was when Wong was listening to Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) and Doctor Strange was using the portals to steal books without him noticing laugh.gif

I loved the Adele joke laugh.gif

The visuals were great as has been noted and Tilda was as fabulous as always. Overall I enjoyed it more than I would've expected prior to the reviews coming in but definitely not as much as Ant-Man or Guardians in terms of the origin stories that I've seen, some of the humour was alright but I do see Benedict as more of a 'serious' actor and didn't totally love him here.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 1st November 2016, 09:38 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376
a good 7/10, Cumberbatch was very good in the role (I'm not generally a fan of his) as were the 2 main supporting actors, Tilda Swinton and Chiwetel Ejiofor (the hardest name to spell in showbiz). It's very "Inception" in style visually, but is pretty good overall, plotwise, scriptwise, and outstanding effects (natch) though I would hope a sequel would be more satisfying overall - but it's one of the best films of a not-classic year for blockbusters anyway. There's been a lot of good films this year, but few "Wow" moments.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 08:48 AM