BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Hatton Garden pulled from ITV schedules
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
crazy chris
post 11th December 2017, 06:51 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 53
Drama Hatton Garden, about the 2015 robbery, due to be shown from tonight over four consecutive nights, has been pulled from the ITV schedule at the last minutes "for legal reasons". Police drama Bancroft, which was scheduled for ITV Encore for next year, is on over 4 nights instead. Hatton Garden will eventually be shown at a later date.

This post has been edited by Crazy Christmas: 11th December 2017, 06:54 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Botchia
post 11th December 2017, 09:41 PM
Post #2
Group icon
I Drink Wine
User: 21,753
It's actually been pulled from the schedules for about 2 weeks but because the listings get printed early in the lead up to Christmas it looks last minute laugh.gif

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 11th December 2017, 10:36 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
It's replacement Bancroft is good anyway.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 12th December 2017, 08:08 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272
Does anyone have any idea what the "legal reasons" are?

If there are any aspects of the case still unresolved, surely they should have known that ages ago. It is possible that one of the characters has objected to their portrayal. However, I'm not sure the gang members would be able to bring a case. They can hardly claim repetitional damage when they've been banged up for robbery. That surely only leaves es the investigating officers.

Of course, it could be that the "legal reasons" are just a front. I suppose it's possible that they've realised it isn't actually very good. We'll see when it's rescheduled. If it's on after the News at Ten or up against a BBC ratings-winner, we'll know it's a turkey.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 13th December 2017, 04:51 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Bancroft is actually very good and has me gripped so can't understand it being scheduled originally for January to premiere on ITV Encore and then on ITV later. Isn't ITV Encore closing soon anyway?

Some people on DS have read that Hatton Garden was being talked of within the industry as not being very good. That's why it was scheduled over 4 night to get it out of the way.

This post has been edited by Crazy Christmas: 13th December 2017, 04:53 PM

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 12:48 PM