BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> -
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Should Adele not have song Hello on X factor?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
britboy
post Dec 14 2015, 11:27 AM
Post #1
BuzzJack Climber
Group: Members
Member No.: 18,066
   No Gallery Pics

Given that the song has already been out for a while & sold a large amount of copies with big media coverage, radio play etc should Adele have sung the 2nd single from the album instead?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gavindeejay
post Dec 14 2015, 11:45 AM
Post #2
Why do today, what you can do tomorrow?
Member No.: 7,645
   No Gallery Pics

It would of been nice for her to have performed one of her other songs from the album, maybe to have started getting the ball rolling for single Number 2 as people are starting to get tired of 'Hello' now. It's a great song, but it's been on the radio, TV and the adverts for a few months now and I have had a few people tell me they are sick of it.

+Quote Post
MusiqqisuM
post Dec 14 2015, 11:48 AM
Post #3
BuzzJack Climber
Member No.: 21,502
   No Gallery Pics

Nope it was absolutely the right song. Unfortunately people are still not signed on to the fact that her & her team care more about album sales than "prepping single no. 2". It's probably the least of their concerns; they want to sell the album, and a performance of one of the biggest hits of the moment will do just that!

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Dec 14 2015, 11:52 AM
Post #4
❤️❤️➕🟦
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

I think she'll want to focus on the second single around the Brits time. There's no need to rush into anything just yet, it's not as though her album sales are doing badly. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
MrIndependent
post Dec 14 2015, 11:54 AM
Post #5
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 9,520
   No Gallery Pics

No, she shouldn't have, exactly for the reasons specified in the original post. I'm not surprised that the boost for the song has been miniscule. She should be pushing the album at this stage and a performance of When We Were Young would've been better for that.

+Quote Post
rundmck
post Dec 14 2015, 12:10 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 14,581
   No Gallery Pics

I would imagine she wanted to leave the first live performance of a "new" single until the Brits in February, to try to extend the life of the album. That way she can release a 3rd coming into Summer, and then get a 4th or 5th single on the radio in the run up to next Christmas, when she can perhaps do another tv performance to make the album a seller again.

Plus Simon Cowell might have asked her pretty pretty please to perform Hello, so there's no risk of her shooting to #1 with a performance of a new song and stopping the xfactor winner getting it.

+Quote Post
sammy01
post Dec 14 2015, 12:16 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 9,988
   No Gallery Pics

No, she did right, concentrate on the 2nd single in the new year. Any promo slots in spring should be for single #2. The album could easily stay top 5 most of next year if she plays her cards right promotion and single release wise.

+Quote Post
Colm
post Dec 14 2015, 12:16 PM
Post #8
Yes, it's me.
Member No.: 9,885

QUOTE(rundmck @ Dec 14 2015, 12:10 PM) *
I would imagine she wanted to leave the first live performance of a "new" single until the Brits in February, to try to extend the life of the album. That way she can release a 3rd coming into Summer, and then get a 4th or 5th single on the radio in the run up to next Christmas, when she can perhaps do another tv performance to make the album a seller again.

Plus Simon Cowell might have asked her pretty pretty please to perform Hello, so there's no risk of her shooting to #1 with a performance of a new song and stopping the xfactor winner getting it.

It would be funny if he did that and Hello managed to outsell the winner's song biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
danG
post Dec 14 2015, 12:24 PM
Post #9
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

'Hello' was the best choice for her really. Better to drag out the success of the song than to try to push another so soon in terms of getting more album sales which is what she wants more than having a singles chart domination, she can wait for the BRITS to perform single #02.

I know Justin Bieber's got 3 singles doing really well at the same time and pulling that off, but he's a totally different artist to Adele.

+Quote Post
sammy01
post Dec 14 2015, 02:09 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Danta Claus @ Dec 14 2015, 12:24 PM) *
'Hello' was the best choice for her really. Better to drag out the success of the song than to try to push another so soon in terms of getting more album sales which is what she wants more than having a singles chart domination, she can wait for the BRITS to perform single #02.

I know Justin Bieber's got 3 singles doing really well at the same time and pulling that off, but he's a totally different artist to Adele.

Justin is also likely to lose steam with the album I'd think as those 3 singles start to fall. He would have been better to try and spread them out a bit.

+Quote Post
crazy chris
post Dec 14 2015, 02:36 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(rundmck @ Dec 14 2015, 12:10 PM) *

Someone on a music Facebook group has said that he doesn't think there are any more possible singles on 25. What do others think to that?

+Quote Post
sammy01
post Dec 14 2015, 02:47 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Common Sense @ Dec 14 2015, 02:36 PM) *
Someone on a music Facebook group has said that he doesn't think there are any more possible singles on 25. What do others think to that?

Well Water under the bridge, When we were young both scream singles to me, then Send my love or Remedy sound like last singles to me.

+Quote Post
rundmck
post Dec 14 2015, 02:55 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 14,581
   No Gallery Pics

Of course there are songs that can be singles. Radio 2 (the biggest radio influence on album sales) will be falling over themselves to playlist the next song XL decides is a single.

Whether or not the song itself is successful in the singles chart when the album is approaching 3m sales in Feb is another question. That is not it's job though, it's job is to sell more albums.

Don't forget 21 has sold nearly 5m albums and only had two top 10 singles.

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Dec 14 2015, 02:58 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Idol
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

QUOTE(sammy01 @ Dec 14 2015, 02:47 PM) *
Well Water under the bridge, When we were young both scream singles to me, then Send my love or Remedy sound like last singles to me.

'When We Were Young' feels like it's all but confirmed as second single. 'Water Under the Bridge' is probably middle in my ranking of the album (still incredibly good) but I agree it screams single release. I can kind of see where this guy is coming from though - 'I Miss You', 'All I Ask' and 'Million Years Ago' are among my absolute favourites but lean towards fantastic album tracks than singles.

+Quote Post
andibob
post Dec 14 2015, 02:58 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 21,298
   No Gallery Pics

What do I think of that? I think its a pretty silly comment. Whilst they may not like it, there are some clear singles on there. And I don't think people are bored of Hello considering it is still Top 5 on the official chart. It's not like she's performed it tonnes of times over here. We don't all need 3 singes in a month like Justin.

+Quote Post
vidcapper
post Dec 14 2015, 03:02 PM
Post #16
Paul Hyett
Group: Banned
Member No.: 364
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(sammy01 @ Dec 14 2015, 02:09 PM) *
Justin is also likely to lose steam with the album I'd think as those 3 singles start to fall. He would have been better to try and spread them out a bit.

With streaming being a huge factor, the only way he could stop them all charting at once, would be to block them from streaming altogether.

+Quote Post
Bjork
post Dec 14 2015, 05:32 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 22,665
   No Gallery Pics

after When We Were Young I really do not see any other "hit"... A Million Years is the only song I like a bit, so hope that's single #3... personally, a very disappointing album, 21 was amazing, this is not...

+Quote Post
Ellsmere
post Dec 14 2015, 05:42 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Climber
Member No.: 16,773
   No Gallery Pics

Think 25 is incredible... Shocked at how she managed to pull off another masterpiece after 21 but she has.... When we were young second single for sure followed by 'water under the bridge' and then maybe 'send your love' or 'remedy' or even 'all I ask' as a potential shock single.
So many options.

+Quote Post
vibe
post Dec 14 2015, 06:08 PM
Post #19
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 11,763
   No Gallery Pics

Did anyone else think that she wasn't singing the chorus during the performance?

+Quote Post
Knightr634
post Dec 14 2015, 07:48 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 2,417
   No Gallery Pics

I think the X Factor was a good way to end the Hello campaign really, it's been such a massive song and hadn't up until this point had a big spectacle type performance which the X Factor gave it.

And the next day look what happens: https://twitter.com/billboardbiz/status/676476523889729537

When We Were Young is confirmed as the 2nd single - marking the beginning of the next phase of the campaign.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:14 PM